2018 Europeans Pairs SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Pairs SP

frida80

Record Breaker
There is only one French pair in Korea. So they'll have to skate the LP if the French team qualifies... which I doubt. Possible but might be short on that.

I know. Which is why I’m worried. Theoretically the French have a chance for the final. P/C must win, J/C must be third or fourth, the French lady must be sixth and the French man cannot bomb. It would be good enough for the final. China and Japan are comparatively weaker with their pairs an Dance that the French can make up the difference.

But if they do make the final, the chances for bronze are nil. They can’t make up that many points to make the lead. And Vanessa and Morgan will be so exhausted from skating both segments. It if the French rest their dance team, they can prevent this from happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? i think i missed something... ?

The third ranked Russian man and Russian pair are the highest scoring Russians today.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia

So far the 3rd ranked Russians have come out on top. :laugh: Which means odds are in the favour of Sotskova and from dance actually Z/G should make miracles tomorrow. I still hope Evgenia goes against the odds tho ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

It's just a hypotethical notion based on today's short that status quo in Russian team was kind of reversed, i.e. Aliev being 3rd Man came as Russian best one, Zabijako/Enbert, supposedly 3rd Pair came as best ones... However, I do not think that it would be so easy with Ladies and Ice Dance, status quo is far more cemented there as per results and rankings, Russian Men and Pairs fields are more problematic due to consistency issues, Ladies and ID teams are pretty much established in their positions, steadily holding onto them.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Missed the live event but popping in here to cheer for James/Cipres :hap10: what a great performance in the short!

Some really nice programs to watch here, even with the occasional delivery issues of technical elements. For me...
Marchei/Hotarek – that was PURE FUN! I didn’t see any obvious errors; for me, the program of the event.:hap93:
Ziegler/Kiefer – I have adored this pair for the last two years. Their SP music and obvious commitment in their performance to it, sparkles. Brilliant in-sync SBS 3Ts!
James/Cipres – well-skated, well-interpreted, well-DONE. Deservedly in 1[SUP]st[/SUP]. (IMHO)
Stolbova/Klimov
– I *so* wanted them to nail ALL the elements but still love that tango!

Special thanks to the provider of ‘stream 2’ – I had to switch from the ISU feed because it kept erroring out, then for some reason I was getting the rink feed (no commentary) in the right-ear of my headphones and Russian commentary in the left ear??? It was certainly doing a number on me. :scratch3:

lavoix

Match Penalty
Really crappy competition from the top Russian pairs. I am really sick of Stolbova falling everywhere. This pair could have actually won and gone to the Olympics with a great boost. I'm afraid their chances for an individual medal at the Olympics is also gone.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Really crappy competition from the top Russian pairs. I am really sick of Stolbova falling everywhere. This pair could have actually won and gone to the Olympics with a great boost. I'm afraid their chances for an individual medal at the Olympics is also gone.

This pair is mystic.

First they withdrew from worlds 2015 because they want to add a Quad throw. They went to the top with their GPF victory in 2015/2016 (their 3T+3T+2T is still the greatest element in pair skating so far). And then Fedor got injured which influenced their skating the whole next year. And now. She does not stop falling and in spite that they get the highest components.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Well, she's not TRYING to fall everywhere. Although, he definitely has the right to glare at her more these days than vice versa.

It's a shame... this program is one of their best, but they just give me the impression of "hanging on" rather than really making a push for the podium.

That 3T was most definitely a fluke error from her - she slipped off the toe pick clearly and it could not be saved from then on.

Kudos to Z/E for having an excellent performance though!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to J/C for winning the short program! I thought they skated a bit safe, but landed all of their elements. I hope they unleash their performance in the free skate and win their first Euros! (and I picked them 1st in my predictions, hope I don't jinx them!)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Valentina and Ondrej were such a joy to watch :party2: So happy for J/C but I'm still not feeling their short :noshake:

S/K....to me, they're the embodiment of pairs skating but they just can't get it together anymore :palmf:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I missed this entire event. I haven't seen any of the teams but, the leaders have a decent spread so, they must have been great, I'll go and check them out.

mrrice

Record Breaker
1Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA75.521video
2Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS72.952video
3Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS72.053video
4Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA71.894video
5Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS70.375video
6Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA64.536video
7Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT63.947video
8Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA57.488video
9Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER57.059video
10Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR52.3210video
11Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP51.4611video
12Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOV SUI46.5712video
13Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU CRO45.7213video
14Sofiya KARAGODINA / Semyon STEPANOV AZE41.5814video

Thank you so much.......:cheer2::bow::rock:

For saving us all of from having to search all over YouTube looking for these clips. Much appreciated!!!!

lavoix

Match Penalty
Well, she's not TRYING to fall everywhere. Although, he definitely has the right to glare at her more these days than vice versa.

It's a shame... this program is one of their best, but they just give me the impression of "hanging on" rather than really making a push for the podium.

That 3T was most definitely a fluke error from her - she slipped off the toe pick clearly and it could not be saved from then on.

Kudos to Z/E for having an excellent performance though!

I actually can't get into their programs a lot this season because of their mistakes. These programs require the pair to HIT, and they are not.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Still waiting for Stolbova/Klimov to fulfill their huge potential. Still waiting. *cries in the corner*

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Was really surprised with the results of this SP. I was expecting/hoping for S/K and T/M to lay down a pre Olympic marker but sadly, didn’t work that way. I think it is fair for the French to be in the lead but I do think the PCS is generous. It was interesting to see them in the final flight with the Russians, their basic skating is a level or two below them, they looked a bit sloppy against them.

Hard to believe that Z/E are the leading Russians but they delivered and I think that this style really works well for them. I think they were under marked on the PCS. If S/K ever do a clean programme they will score big, I really felt they delivered performance wise, the steps were great. The BESP guys felt she was rushing things, all these falls must really be affecting her confidence. I really hope they skate a great free. The Italians were fun, fun, fun. This programme works for them and their personalities, not sure they will stay in 4th.

Really shocked with T/M. I expected them to have a clear lead after the short, they have work to do. To see Evegnia fall on the SBS and throw was a real shock. After that the programme felt flat. Was it the pressure of being defending champions on home ice? They are under pressure in the free now. I wonder who will be the highest rank Russian team after the free?

Disappointed for the Italian No. 2, I like this programme but a doubled sbs and messy throw will hurt. The Austrians were great, the 3T’s were brilliant in perfect sync and again I think the judges could have given more on PCS. E/N skated well, I like this piece of music, good tech but sloppy execution.

I was very impressed with the Spanish and Swiss teams. I surprisingly enjoyed KRASNOPOLSKI and his new partner, they performed quite well for a new team, I wonder will they be together next year. It was a small field but I enjoyed most of the performances, the standard at the bottom end seem higher than usual.