2018 Europeans Short Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Short Dance

pearly

Record Breaker
Let's see. My fear is that it will end up like the Paso SD where everyone started to look the same.

In 2006-07 the only ODs I liked were Denkova/Staviski's street-style tango because they were hot and Virtue/Moir's ballroom because they were subtle and nuanced. I still have nightmares of Belbin/Agosto's over-exaggerated ballroom tango.

I just had a look and that is definitely better than what we get these days. But still a bit too showy (as in: show tango) in my book. These sharp movements, kicks, ganchos, it's all so different from the subdued tango that I know and love.

This is a choreographed video, but still catches the sentiment and style I am talking about nicely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B4JP6bX7fo
Check out their body positions, hold, legs and smoothness. That's also tango! :thumbsup:

Giselle

Medalist
OMG Cortney MANSOUROVA / Michal CESKA skated to Maitre Gims :laugh2: Must be Fabian Bourzat's idea...

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Oh hey, I'm finally familiar with the dance teams starting from this group on.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Tiffani's hair is actually very smart branding. I have never forgotten her since the first time I saw them compete