Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ivett. She always has the most unique costumes and programs: :thumbsup:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ivett Toth (HUN)

Eeked out the 3T+3T but looks completed (second 3T looks <). Had to put the second foot down on the 3Lz (double-footed, may get < call). Quickly through the flying camel spin. Strong speed through the combo spin. A bit slow through the 2A but clean. Nice styling through the footwork sequence to bring out the hip-hop. And a wonderful Biellmann spin in the layback.

I love how Ivett always picks something interesting for the short program that separates herself from the pack. I think she matches the music fairly well, bringing the energy to match Uptown Funk. She could still use some more speed and attack but she's original which is rare in this sport.

Score: 55.57

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
In a very rare instance, Elizabet actually got a higher Transition score than Skating Skills. (Which I find correct btw.)

lala34345

On the Ice
I like Lizbet this season. It is very Eteri program to the extent of my asking myself if this is Medvedeva on ice. And I don't find music cuts atrocious. It is the moody first move and the energetic last one. The idea same as with Alina's DQ. It would be perfect if backloading was still rewarded.

It's not the movements themselves that are the problem, it's how they've cut the music at the end of her program; it sounds like they randomly removed measures to make it shorter, and to anyone who knows how the end of that piece is supposed to sound, it's offensive to the ear. The melody is constantly interrupted. It just sounds bad.

Vili67

On the Ice
Finaly at home from Espoo. Day was great specially Tuktamyševa WOW just love to see her skating.
I think she really fights her way back.
Rika was to mee little disappoinmend what did really hapen there.
I was waiting to see Rika on podium.

Now one day rest at home and watch trophy on TV and then sunday again whole day at Espoo.
Hope then to see Emmi on podium:thank:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just had a chance to see Pooja's SP. I'm so happy she did so well! I love her "springy" jumps and beautiful carriage. So happy she's getting a chance to get more international experience. Anxious to see how she does in the FS.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Elizaveta looking like a strong Russian #3! I want to see that 3A clean! But her other jumps, wow! That’s jumping! Beautiful technique and really powerful big jumps. She’s a great performer too!

Lilbet looked stronger here than in Ondrej, this time I enjoyed her program more but it’s still not my cup of tea. I think it’s the music choice... I don’t know how much more of that same cuts I can take. [emoji23] But the choreography is not all bad and I think she does a great job with it.

Rika was kind of a disappointment. The program is a mess, musically wise. The cuts are awkward and then the voice over.... No, just no. [emoji23] But I like the choreography at some parts. The stsq is actually great, it feels different. I think they just needed to tone down a bit with the music and the choreo and it would be a great program.

I didn’t watch the whole competition, I wonder who’s in third place?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Tuktamysheva: I love the girl and what she’s doing this year, fighting her way back and rocking every competition she’s in against all odds, but I can’t manage to like this sp, it’s lacking something and once she reach the gp it won’t be enough. Also I do hope she’ll be totally clean.

Tursynbaeva: she clearly made a deal with the devil and found the fountain of youth :biggrin:

Matos: evanescence and dark winged dress always bring me back to my teen age years

Hongo: it hurts me to say this, but she looked out of motivation and her jumps were a mess

Toth: I love this girl, her program are usually so original in ladies field and she’s a good performer