2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Men's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb Men's Free Skate

s_parks

Record Breaker
Totally love this programme by Jason for a million reasons. Changing to Orser was a great move.

Yeah, I actually didn't love the music choices for this S&G program, but really love the change of pace for Jason in terms of style.

concorde

Medalist
I think the first part of Jason's program is a snooze-feat but I really like the upbeat second part. It is good the 2 halves are in that order because my take away is overall positive.

He did a nice job but looks like he left alot of points on the table.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think the first part of Jason's program is a snooze-feat but I really like the upbeat second part. It is good the 2 halves are in that order because my take away is overall positive.

I wish he was skating to Hazy shade of Winter for the short and Love is a witch for the long (because I love that song)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What am I seeing (behind fingers because I’m so nervous)

And I have an important 2 p.m. appointment and I’m late and I don’t care.

Best Golden Spin ever:yahoo:

:luv17:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Happy dance around my room, singing 'time, time, time' - time has come for Jason to win again!!!
:cheer:

As I saw this FS live in Grenoble, I think that emotional attachment, engagement into Jason as a whole persona & skater did not allow me to fully grasp and process the program, making some 'detached' thoughts about it; I think that this time, watching on my phone with this far perspective of camera work added, I saw more clearer full range of Jason's movement, purpose of it and how it is facilitated in terms of performance, how it works with the music - first off, I love how effortlessly he sets the tone, scene for his performance: by ease, simple gesture and some heartfelt feel added to it, like welcoming all to his work, and then I realized that his continous body movement really resembles lyrical flow in the songs, how he accentuates cadence of lyrics by hands, head, upper body which is so effective and way more ekegant/intricate than just literally tell the story by face and rapid moves. I kind of saw the attempt to express and tell both story in songs and Jason's path: a bit of reflective, nostalgic, but with some craziness and abandon to it; like a perfect merger of youthfulness and maturity in one piece. I am over the moon for him, this has to be a boost going back to train to shine on his fullest at Nationals :)

Last edited:
Country
Russia
1 Brown 263.42
2 Kolyada 253.14
(both overscored while places are right)
3 Samarin 237.84

Horrible skating of all three, too many errors.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
1 Brown 263.42
2 Kolyada 253.14
(both overscored while places are right)
3 Samarin 237.84

Horrible skating of all three, too many errors.

I didn't think Jason was THAT bad. He wasn't perfect, but he didn't fall and kept the overall feel of the program.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

If he's leaving a lot of points on the table that bodes well for him, as this score puts him 6th in the SB ranking. Good for him!

skateflake

On the Ice
Just watched Jason's FS skate, thank goodness for rewind since of course I was not looking livetime! Yes oh henry, BEST GOLDEN SPIN EVER!!! (Actually this is the first time I have ever seen it!)

NoNameFace, please give us your thoughts on comparison to France!

I wish karne were here to have PbP!

oly2018

Final Flight
I have to agree with this being a lousy competition. Sure, Jason stayed on his feet, but that's a huge score for a lot of doubles.