2018 Internationaux de France Free Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Free Dance

Lota

Record Breaker
I see France is not letting go of their dream to be the most ~original~ GP in... all sorts of ways :drama:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice performances fromP and C; I think the judges are a bit generous with them but well deserved win. They are smart - they play to their strengths. It still bothers me that they lack versatility but that doesn't matter it is what you do on the ice.

G and P disappoinited me here and it looks like they might even lose to the Brits and the rate they are going. Nice showing by the Parsons, H and B. S and K are getting some decent consistent programs done. While I still think they are Russia No. 2 considering S and B won two Grand Prix.

Sad that G and P won't be in the Gpf and it is so weird Canada won't have anyone at the GPF in their home nation unless someone pulls out and withdraws.

This team has shown innoaton and patience but they can't get the job done - they need technical top levels in everything and dazzle thejudges with their programs but they just don't have enough - it power, stamina, tech skills. Weapo better up their tech; g and p are not ready to take over.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just don’t know what’s wrong with medals or a cup? French fed I know the guys who make the Premier League Trophy I can hook you up.

I'm still disappointed from last year of Misha Ge getting a star as a reward for his only GP podium finish.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Just think about what Nathan can do with that big blue plastic plate at college. Put it under his hot plate? Use it to backlight his lava lamp?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Nice performances fromP and C; I think the judges are a bit generous with them but well deserved win. They are smart - they play to their strengths. It still bothers me that they lack versatility but that doesn't matter it is what you do on the ice.

G and P disappoinited me here and it looks like they might even lose to the Brits and the rate they are going. Nice showing by the Parsons, H and B. S and K are getting some decent consistent programs done. While I still think they are Russia No. 2 considering S and B won two Grand Prix.

Sad that G and P won't be in the Gpf and it is so weird Canada won't have anyone at the GPF in their home nation unless someone pulls out and withdraws.

This team has shown innoaton and patience but they can't get the job done - they need technical top levels in everything and dazzle thejudges with their programs but they just don't have enough - it power, stamina, tech skills. Weapo better up their tech; g and p are not ready to take over.

Not that it probably matters to you but there is a junior dance team and Stephen Gogolev for jr. men.

Canadian audiences are pretty good at supporting non Canadians. I'm sure it will still be a great event.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Not that it probably matters to you but there is a junior dance team and Stephen Gogolev for jr. men.

Canadian audiences are pretty good at supporting non Canadians. I'm sure it will still be a great event.

Absolutely. I remember the last Worlds in Canada, in London Ontario, and the audience was generous and warm and supportive for all the skaters.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Absolutely. I remember the last Worlds in Canada, in London Ontario, and the audience was generous and warm and supportive for all the skaters.

Every time I see there was a worlds in London I get excited, confused and then I notice the world Ontario! xD

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Are you really a medalists Mr. Announcer if you have no medal? Aren't they plasticists?

glorybox6

Final Flight
I’m so bummed for G/P, they really seem to have lost the momentum and buzz they had after Nebelhorn. Their programs are phenomenal but it doesn’t seem to matter right now. I really hope they take time now to go through the protocols element by element to address where they are losing points in levels and GOE to teams like S/K.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Time to lament why the heck everything is about Betina in this FD when Sergey is the better skater. :think:

Because Betina has the patented Powerwattage Popova Face, which installs Fear and Awe into all who gaze upon it. Even Krylova is apparently Not Immune.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Whenever I watched Nikita with Elena, I was focusing on Elena. Whenever I watch Nikita with Viktoria, I'm focusing on Nikita. Viktoria is a lovely Ice Dancer, but she's a bit bland compared to them....

They're getting better this season i think, although yes he's still so selfish (i'd blame him if Viktoria didn't get enough attention before) but he has a great presence and great skating skills.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sometimes I think these days skating to music that is actually suitable for dancing in ice dance is a radical idea.

Yes, I'm waiting for a season of Golden Waltz for the RD and making everyone do a Fred and Ginger tribute program for the Free. An entire season free from angst!

Well a boy can dream, can't he?

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
They're getting better this season i think, although yes he's still so selfish (i'd blame him if Viktoria didn't get enough attention before) but he has a great presence and great skating skills.

I don't know why people say he's selfish.
He's the star of this combo.
And she's very pretty but he's the star.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Just think about what Nathan can do with that big blue plastic plate at college. Put it under his hot plate? Use it to backlight his lava lamp?

Eat nachos off it :DDD The possibilities are endless!!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
AHA! Found the naughty word and it was indeed a typo (left out the letter "r" from "shirt" ). :slink:

So...

Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ
Music: "A Day in the Life" by Jeff Beck; "Something" by The Beatles; "Let It Be" by The Beatles
Choreography by: G. Cournoyer, M. F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon
Costumes: She's Pretty in Pink; he's in black pants and vest with a patterned white dress shirt

Program Layout:

Relatively simple dance steps around the rink and into the
Curve Lift - to over his shoulder; he to one foot. It's eye catching. Level 4, 1.04g
Twizzles - Level 4 for her, 3 for him, 1.56g
Tempo Change
Stationary Lift - which I'm beginning to think I've seen for the 298748343rd time. Not just them but almost every ID team. Level 4, .64 goe
NT St Seq - in a circular pattern. These aren't really difficult steps. Level 1 for her, 3 for him 1.82 goe
Dance Spin - again, these aren't particularly difficult positions. Level 3, .90 goe
Chor Char Step Seq - which is actually quite nice and musical. 1.94 goe
ML St Seq - not much of which is actually in hold. And he fell. Level 2, neg 2.90 goe
SL Lift - recycled from his days with That Other Partner. Level 4 .75 goe
Choreo Spin - recycled from countless other Montreal Mush programs 1.38 goe
Chor Slide - 1.25 goe

You know, they have one of the best RDs this season, but this program is Strictly Steps by Numbers. I find her very compelling to watch. she's positively sunny in this, but everything in this program is generic and BASIC BASIC BASIC. To be brutally honest, I do think they deserve better, but I'm not sure he could handle it. YMMV of course.

Score: 97.53

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
AHA! Found the naughty word and it was indeed a typo (left out the letter "r" from "shirt" ). :slink:

So...

You know, they have one of the best RDs this season, but this program is Strictly Steps by Numbers. I find her very compelling to watch. she's positively sunny in this, but everything in this program is generic and BASIC BASIC BASIC. To be brutally honest, I do think they deserve better, but I'm not sure he could handle it. YMMV of course.

Score: 97.53

Agree that Diaz is really compelling in the RD, but enough about him, I am just so glad that H/B made the GPF!!!! Love them!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I am aware of that but I meant seniors:) Here's hoping Weapo, G and P, Daleman, Messing and MtM and M come on strong - they might have trouble at the WTT though. There's lots of room to move up and improve. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Weapo took world silver? But the men here certainly aren't at their peak yet which is understandable. Nathan is probably capable of scores in the 220 range and p lus in the free. Brown was wonderful but has hit his ceiling with triples basically in the short. Maybe his silver will inspire Evgenia his teammate fromteh Cricket Club. Such a boost for Jason and needed as it has been a while since he has done well on the world scene so to speak. As long as others mess up he doesn't need the quad to be competitive (not necessarily thouguh world medallist). however, if they start landing the quads then he could find himself out of the top 12 and off the US team. Right now though Zhou, Ma and the new seniors aren't super consistent and don't have the pcs. Decent showing for the RUssian men; but Boyang was a bit of a disappointed still he coudl come on strong at the end. It must be frustrating for him to struggle though with the jumps/pops.