2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Short Program

Ladybug89

On the Ice
well really good skate for conrad. I really love his sp.... but that score...? Something must have been wrong that I didn‘t see??
He also didn‘t seem too pleased after his performance 🧐

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lower score than in Linz. Unless he had a UR or something, this would seem to be a less generous panel.

The 3A looked borderline in replay, but I would have given it to him. I was surprised by the score too.

Quick comparison, it look like the judging panel gave him 2 less points in PCS (which is a lot) and he lost 4 points in the TES somewhere.

Last edited:

champagnerain

Final Flight
well really good skate for conrad. I really love his sp.... but that score...? Something must have been wrong that I didn‘t see??

Maybe something with the spins? Also, the GOE on the combo might be a bit low. It looked a bit labored/lacking flow to me.

(He also scored lower on PCS here).

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Oh but for the 2T!! I loved that. I felt like he was a little bit faster before, but I liked his interpretation more.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Shimada Koshiro was fine, minus the doubled toe. But I think he performed better in Linz.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I really don't see how this was over 2 points lower in PCS than Linz for Conrad. I guess we'll see whether it's a harsher set of judges or the skating order hurting him here.

Danny T

Medalist
Shame about the combo pop for Koshiro and his axis is reaaaal scary :(

But the performance is IMO much sharper than the previous outing, he seems way more confident. Great improvement, I enjoyed it!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really don't see how this was over 2 points lower in PCS than Linz for Conrad. I guess we'll see whether it's a harsher set of judges or the skating order hurting him here.

Yeah I found that strange too.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Koshiro's just barely ahead of Conrad. Interesting! Agree, generally. Koshiro was great, even with only a double.

jillredhand

Record Breaker

GOE probably wasn't super high for his 3Lz3T, which was landed clean but not with great flow, and it seemed like his last spin was a bit wobbly on the exit. PCS I think should have been higher, but I don't think it was too egregiously low.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Wow... Koshiro was on fire today! He performed even much better than last time!
Too bad for that 2t... the score would have been huge.. now it stays pretty exciting for tmr.... I just hope non of the russians or tomoki moves too far ahead of him... somehow having a good feeling though after seeing conrads score

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've just noticed that two of Gabriele's James Bond-related songs are the same as Iliya Kovler's free skate.

Danny T

Medalist
OMG sorry but that "Bond. James Bond" voiceover was freaking hilarious :rofl::rofl:

Truly something only a teenage boy could think was cool

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I hope Artur is in good condition, and Younghyun, a clean skate please :pray:

Danny T

Medalist
Actually, those voiceovers are part of Moby's James Bond theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MdABLcI7RI

LMAO you learn new things everyday. Well, the video's cringy too, IDK may have been cool in the 90s ("Tomorrow never dies" is like late 90s?) but now, definitely a no for me :laugh: He could've done without that, especially twice. He buys into the choreo though which is great, I just think it's funny as hell.