2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs Short Program

hortensja

On the Ice
I also think the SK/K program has potential. Yes it's little OTT but it has interesting moments and they seem to feel good. The choreography seems a little complicated in some details so I think they will get better with time.

I like a lot the young Russian pair. Yes there were errors, but they have nice speed and energy and when they do an element without error it has quality ( throw or twist for exemple). I liked the moment when he does some choreography and she turns around him in a spiral. Reminded me the begging of V/M Moulin Rouge :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just came around to watch Knierims - a rough skate and a program that requires a lot of polish, BUT they look like they turned their skating upside down and it takes time to make it work. Kudos to them for challenging themselves, pushing more bold and edgier stuff forward, putting themselves more soundly on the map. I think that they have to have time to get used to this new arrangement, to new elements, way of movement suiting this kind of program.

Saying that...I do wonder, if there's too much of novelty for them going on at once: new coach, new type of program requiring different style of movement/expression, new elements (including entrances/transitions/dismounts). It can be overwhelming and to be competition-ready with new material is never easy after coaching change, let alone trying a program outside of their usual repertoire (maybe aside of that Metallica SP). I do appreciate the effort in all of that, Chris' especially who looks like really trying to adapt that style to himself, but they both need to not let first disappointments get to them too much; I know they are not the youngest team out there and going through some pretty big changes, but they have to see it as a challenge and opportunity to grow and expand more, using their experience, bond they share to savour every step going forward. Look at Aljona who is now their coach - she is the living proof, a testament of making a change and roll with it despite first difficulties, but she wanted that and was willing to adapt. I know - Knierims are not Aljona's level, having none of her titles, such legacy behind them, but they have a will and determination to continue and have to focus on future in my opinion.

About the program...To be honest I am not the biggest fan of that costumes, I'd rather see something more subdued and graphic to emphasise these transitions. There is a good, modern freshness about seeing them with that repertoire, making more of a statement on ice, going bold and I expect the free to be a nice contrast with that SP.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just came around to watch Knierims - a rough skate and a program that requires a lot of polish, BUT they look like they turned their skating upside down and it takes time to make it work. Kudos to them for challenging themselves, pushing more bold and edgier stuff forward, putting themselves more soundly on the map. I think that they have to have time to get used to this new arrangement, to new elements, way of movement suiting this kind of program.

Saying that...I do wonder, if there's too much of novelty for them going on at once: new coach, new type of program requiring different style of movement/expression, new elements (including entrances/transitions/dismounts). It can be overwhelming and to be competition-ready with new material is never easy after coaching change, let alone trying a program outside of their usual repertoire (maybe aside of that Metallica SP). I do appreciate the effort in all of that, Chris' especially who looks like really trying to adapt that style to himself, but they both need to not let first disappointments get to them too much; I know they are not the youngest team out there and going through some pretty big changes, but they have to see it as a challenge and opportunity to grow and expand more, using their experience, bond they share to savour every step going forward. Look at Aljona who is now their coach - she is the living proof, a testament of making a change and roll with it despite first difficulties, but she wanted that and was willing to adapt. I know - Knierims are not Aljona's level, having none of her titles, such legacy behind them, but they have a will and determination to continue and have to focus on future in my opinion.

About the program...To be honest I am not the biggest fan of that costumes, I'd rather see something more subdued and graphic to emphasise these transitions. There is a good, modern freshness about seeing them with that repertoire, making more of a statement on ice, going bold and I expect the free to be a nice contrast with that SP.

Everything you've written is reasonable, and I can't dispute any of it.

But I wouldn't waste the time it would take to rewatch the program.

I want performance. They did not deliver. I haven't even watched the rest of the programs, because if that won - I have no interest in seeing anything else.