2018 Olympic Figure Skating Pairs SP | Page 91 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Pairs SP

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Candyman doesn't offend me half as much as every uninspired rendition of Hallelujah that seems to befall otherwise great skaters this season (Sui & Han, Patrick... ).

bramweld

Record Breaker
Candyman doesn't offend me half as much as every uninspired rendition of Hallelujah that seems to befall otherwise great skaters this season (Sui & Han, Patrick... ).

Puhlease, puhlease. So lame, so lame.....Sui and Han. LOL.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could get behind T/M contending for gold if they had better programs, performance and packaging (sorry, Nina Mozer). They have such gorgeous elements when on (twists and throws, especially) but I've never been enthralled by their performances.

S/H have me enthralled with their performances from the minute they start skating. I'm not a huge fan of their music this year in either program but they make me like it despite my misgivings of yet another "Turandot" and "Hallelujah" rendition.

I think this title goes to the men Nathan Chen, even to a point...Boyang...

Oh, I totally disagree. These two have great choreography, interpretation, and especially presentation. No distracting flounces and flourishes, just clean, honest ice skating. :yes:

icekiwi

On the Ice
My husband who doesn't follow figure skating nor understand a thing about figure skating watched the last 2 groups of Pairs SP with me. And yes, we got 1 hour screening of the Pairs SP here in New Zealand. This is his ranking and bits of comments:

1. Sui/Han - A class of their own.
2. Tarasova/Morosov - Should be behind Sui/Han. The strongest of the rest of the pack.
3. Savchenko/Massot - Love their program and the throws were super high
4. Duhamel/Radford - The weakest of the top 4.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Outstanding event! Loved it! So happy that this is my favourite discipline! (I'm so ready for Men splatfest) Hope the trend will keep up in FS, Sui & Han for Olympic champions! :cheer:

ETA: When will FS thread be open? Isn't it already Thursday in Korea?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States

I turn the sound off. Every rendition sounds so cloying I just cannot enjoy the programs though the skaters are so talented.

Lester

Final Flight
My husband who doesn't follow figure skating nor understand a thing about figure skating watched the last 2 groups of Pairs SP with me. And yes, we got 1 hour screening of the Pairs SP here in New Zealand. This is his ranking and bits of comments:

2. Tarasova/Morosov - Should be behind Sui/Han. The strongest of the rest of the pack.

I wonder why the second Chinese pair didn't score more than D/R. They performed on point and they beat D/R in TES.

Lester

Final Flight
Outstanding event! Loved it! So happy that this is my favourite discipline! (I'm so ready for Men splatfest) Hope the trend will keep up in FS, Sui & Han for Olympic champions! :cheer:

ETA: When will FS thread be open? Isn't it already Thursday in Korea?

You know I find pairs the most breathtaking discipline when the performances are on the level of the SP here. But when the performance factor is gone and not falling on SBS becomes a rarity, pairs are a pain to watch :DD

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea

:eek:: Your husband's thoughts are my exact thoughts lol and I've been following this sport since the 98 Olympics :laugh2:

anyanka

Record Breaker
You guys, was that not the most exciting Olympic SP ever?? So many did so well, and the point spread from 3rd to about 9th isn't that big at all. The North Koreans were probably the breakout stars here (and their cheering section rivaled the Russians in coordination and volume). The Italians delivered. T/M are not ceding the title without a fight (their SP is a master class). D/R are just barely in it, but they've got to stay on point and be clean as they were in 2016 worlds if they want the title or anywhere close to it. Bummed for Aljona and Bruno with that missed triple, but the program is still great fun. (Wish she still used her headdress from the team event.) The Chinese delivered, Y/Z IMO deserved a place in the final flight instead of S/M. Am calling the French as the spoilers for the podium, assuming their stamina is OK and that the injury from last December isn't affecting them still.

Onward to the free skate!!

LaArdilla

Medalist
Hello there! Anybody from Poland planning to watch the Pairs FS on Eurosport? I've just noticed something confusing: when I look at the schedule, the FS is planned for 02:25-03:00 on Player and that's it. 35 minutes? Do you think it's just a mistake or are they really not showing the whole thing?

https://pl.eurosportplayer.com/schedule/future/1

lavoix

Match Penalty
S/M need to skate their life today, I'd really like a silver at least.

I think Sui/Han have this if they go clean.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Hello there! Anybody from Poland planning to watch the Pairs FS on Eurosport? I've just noticed something confusing: when I look at the schedule, the FS is planned for 02:25-03:00 on Player and that's it. 35 minutes? Do you think it's just a mistake or are they really not showing the whole thing?

I'm using the Eurosport Player as well (but Norway) and it's the same here, except they have an additional schedule that starts at 3:00, so for some reason it's split into two sections, so you might have to exit and start the second one? That happened for me during one of the Team Events as well.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I am counting on some Match Arena stream or FS live streaming entire event, but yeah - 2.30am and off to biting my nails!!! See You all:)