2018 Olympic Videos Without Spoilers | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Videos Without Spoilers

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
This if FLOWER ceremony at the Arena. I need MEDAL ceremony ath the medal plazza.

I'm SORRY! :laugh:

The way to find the MEDAL ceremony is search for "medal ceremony" and locate the one dated Feb 12. The Team Figure Skating part starts at around 49:00.

ENJOY!

Vanshilar

On the Ice
I'd hate to sound a bit greedy here but does anyone know where I can find some videos in 60 FPS? That or 50 FPS or 25 FPS interlaced, etc. (which I can de-interlace into 50 FPS). I'm looking to do some jump height measurements but I've only seen 25 FPS or 30 FPS videos. (Youtube of course now allow uploads in 60 FPS, but they're apparently not letting through any Olympics stuff, so...)

Looks like Nagasu's triple axel was around 0.68 s of air time, but that's using a 25 FPS video. This would put it slightly above Asada's Sochi (which was 0.65 s), but the caveat is that since the frames per second is so low, the error is significant (+- 0.04 s, so anywhere between 0.64 - 0.72 s), so it's more correct to say "within the measurement error" (in roughly the same way that people talk about statistical ties in polls and stuff). The one thing that I noticed right away was that it was clearly rotated, i.e. no shadow of a doubt that it wouldn't get UR call, so it was very clearly clean -- a really nice triple axel!