2018 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

bramweld

Record Breaker
They seem to be strong skaters, even on a screen. The program is just a massive no...

(PS : Enjoy your time there ! :agree: )

That's the thing though a well-matched team can make great juice from lemons that was unwatchable. Don't they have their own sense of style? Or are Russian ice dancers simply expected to do what they're told and not have a mind of their own. I mean that will not cut it if you want to get to the top. Seeing them perform that was disturbing on many levels. Where is your pride in your craft man!! I'd be livid, throwing a Pasha Grischuk type fit.:palmf::gaah:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
IK-are-alive-in-our-hearts dance was a treat:sad4:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Okay, what is it with E/B ?
Last year, their 1st part of their SD was P/C 2012-2013 Junior SD. Their FD was V/M Latin FD from 2011.
This year apparently it's one of I/K FD ?
Why would you do that ? EDIT : apparently, it gets you the marks... in 1st (okay they did feel nice after L/D FD tbh).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well at least I'll get a chance to see the final group.

Z/G in third. That's a shock. I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about with them.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
They seem to be strong skaters, even on a screen. The program is just a massive no...

(PS : Enjoy your time there ! :agree: )
Yep yep totally agree
Awful programme (+considering I personally HATE Chicago:laugh:)

Thx ! Having a blast!
With no false modesty can say We're an awesome audience :yay:

MelDee

Final Flight
Okay, what is it with E/B ?
Last year, their 1st part of their SD was P/C 2012-2013 Junior SD. Their FD was V/M Latin FD from 2011.
This year apparently it's one of I/K FD ?
Why would you do that ? EDIT : apparently, it gets you the marks... in 1st (okay they did feel nice after L/D FD tbh).

Yup, it makes you wonder, doesn't it. They skate well, but the recycling of other teams' old programmes is a big no-no for me.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yep yep totally agree
Awful programme (+considering I personally HATE Chicago:laugh:)

Thx ! Having a blast!
With no false modesty can say We're an awesome audience :yay:

Don't blame Chicago. It's actually a really well constructed musical. But it is also one of the most cynical musicals you can see. People forget that it wasn't a roaring success the year it debuted--A Chorus Line was. People just weren't ready for a musical about two "merry murderesses" and how show business exploits that all in the name of That's Entertainment! And then to turn into it a cutesy poo ID FD number is like the textbook example of Missing The Point.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
LD lost it themselves
That's what a good (even recycled) programme can do
A complete turnaraound
Sofia is like a different person! So much improvement wow! Respect!

Was always their hater:laugh2: they bought me playing on my IK nostalgia strings:laugh:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Context, E/B were recently beaten by the Turkish team of Alcar and beauty. And L/D couldn't beat that retread? Wow, doing well in Russian juniors apparently doesn't mean much when making the transition to seniors in Russia. Where is the support? Where is the material? Speaks volumes. So wait are B/S and S/B going to score 121 and 122?

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Don't blame Chicago. It's actually a really well constructed musical. But it is also one of the most cynical musicals you can see. People forget that it wasn't a roaring success the year it debuted--A Chorus Line was. People just weren't ready for a musical about two "merry murderesses" and how show business exploits that all in the name of That's Entertainment! And then to turn into it a cutesy poo ID FD number is like the textbook example of Missing The Point.

Well I never said my taste was good:p

+ it's screechy in the arena to y ears:eek:hwell:

Barb

Record Breaker
Two questions.

How did Morozova and Bagin get over 70 points for that dance?

What goes through the minds of Loboda and Drozd when they practice their FD? Do they countdown the days till they'll never have to do that again?

This is embarrassing. Really embarrassing.

I think they see it like a challenge, but it is not working so far.

bramweld

Record Breaker
oh, it is right, Thanks God. They should take a good rest and start the search for a good choreographer TOMORROW.

More like YESTERDAY but I can work with that. Hehe...LOL. Mercy. But you know they're probably just cute little clueless kids. Smiles.

EDIT: Well, as they say on that other forum, we know and love, the REAL HUNGER GAMES starts about now. Buckle up kids it could be a bumpy ride. Yahoo. :shocked::eekn::popcorn:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Well, what will happen with Loboda/Drozd after their (probable) 7th place? They are as far I know for the first time behind Evdokimova/Bazin.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I guess it's pointless to tell Popova to dial it down. Ain't gonna happen.

I like this dance, but that seemed heavy. Nerves? A bit slow, a bit cumbersome.

Well they really are a new team, relatively speaking. And I see them as the real future. But YMMV

bramweld

Record Breaker
I guess it's pointless to tell Popova to dial it down. Ain't gonna happen.

I like this dance, but that seemed heavy. Nerves? A bit slow, a bit cumbersome.

Well they really are a new team, relatively speaking. And I see them as the real future. But YMMV

Yes. YMMV. :)