2018 Skate America Mens Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Mens Short Program

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man, I remember when Nam was the next up and coming thing. He was SO promising. But now... he's just been stagnant for several years. So disappointing, because he's such a fun skater to watch.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Drat, some issues on the jumps today for Nam (really nice 3A, though). He's got a good program.

Man, I remember when Nam was the next up and coming thing. He was SO promising. But now... he's just been stagnant for several years. So disappointing, because he's such a fun skater to watch.
He's been looking the best he has in a long time so far this season, particularly in his summer competition. This wasn't his best outing, unfortunately, but it feels like he's heading in the right direction now.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So many level 3 and level 2s, so costly.

Wait you get zero points if you don't do the combo?!

Yes, a combo is a requirement. So if he didn't do one, he doesn't get any points for the element.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Nam Nguyen (CAN)

A bit leaning forward on the 4S landing (might be <). Alright flying camel spin, could be faster. Nice landing on the 3A, very square. Decent sit spin with safe positions. 3-turn out of the 3Lz, but not 3T on that combo so loss of base points there. Step sequence could be more complex and a nice combo spin to end the program.

Better choreography for Nam Nguyen and better commitment to Frank Sinatra. It still could be more classic in styling and he could still have more speed throughout the program. I feel like it's going to be a fight to see who is ready to be the new men's champion in Canada at their Nationals.

SP: 69.86 Total, 33.51 TES, 36.35 PCS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Keegan Messing is looking pretty good for No. 1 right now, we'll see him in SC.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not his best skate, and I have to go to work. No Nathan Chen for me...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG Julian got 81?!?!?!!? I have to watch a replay!

Ziotic

Medalist
I think this was the nail in his coffin for Nam. He just can’t keep it together when he’s competing.

Common skate Canada send fresh blood. Now I’m even more annoyed they didn’t send their eligible Junoirs to get TES minimums.