2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I love, love, love the back of Charlene's dress. I would totally wear this if I had the occasion to.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Oh snap, they were on FIRE!!! Loved, loved the bland, direct intensity in their posture, expression and the music arrangement, choice is such a jewel:love:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm gonna be that obnoxious person and say, every time I sit through the RD, I just imagine how exciting V/M would've been if they skated it...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
Music: Waltz: "Desde el alma" by Orquestra Color Tango de Roberto Alvarez; Tango: "Quejumbroso" by Orquesta Color Tango De Roberto Alvarez
Choreography by: A. Kiliakov, E. Novak, N. Hvoyneva, J. Bokaer
Costumes: Black and silver dress for her, basic black for him with deep red vest and pocket square.

Required Elements:

Twizzles - Ooh la la. This is all vewy fwensh, n'est-ce pas? HUGE coverage again, Level 4 for both with 1.82 GOE
ML St Seq - her posture has improved noticeably. She's also learned the benefit of holding back. Level 3 with 2.10 GOE
TR Pattern - hmm, the entrance into the pattern is a bit muddled, but they're so much more SURE this season already from last season. The difference is palapable. ALL Ys for the KPs. First for a team this season I believe. With 1.34 and 1.26 GOE and Level 4. Good for them.
Ro Lift - up to his shoulder with a zillion changes of position but controlled. Level 4 with 1.12 GOE

My goodness but they have GROWN UP. It's such a HUGE growth leap from last year. They're contenders.

Score: 72.44 A SB and it should be.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Continuous great dancing! :yahoo: That lift was awesome.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Marco is a total pro in all styles, he is such a performer and his focus never leaves the lady:love:, the dance is quite good actually, intense but elegant.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Good dance. Congrats all. Jeez, but they got worked over on the schedule. The Free dance is in 12 hours!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Big score for Guignard/Fabbri.

McNamara/Carpenter have to be thrilled to be this close to Zagorski/Guerreiro in the scores.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Music: "Miedo a La Libertad (Orchestral)" by Tanghetto; "La chanson des vieux amants" performed by Kantango; "Tanos" by Lino Cannavacciuolo
Choreography by: Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Black dress with sheer back and patterned overlay for her; basic black with red shirt for him

Required Elements:

Slow and sexy tango steps to start. Then a HUGE Cartwheel into
Twizzles - Level 4 for both with 2.08 GOE. They do twizzle well with great speed and closeness.
TR Pattern - Level 3 for both secions with mmostly Y KPs with 1.77 and 2.09 GOEs and RIGHT INTO on the better
SL Lifts I've seen, with her hand on his boot and rotating. Level 4 with 1.30 GOE ETA: If I'm not mistaken, I believe G/P did this lift last season. Well if you're going to steal...
Finally! A tempo change! into
Diag Step Seq. Level 3 with 2.74 GOE

They're still getting that judge love. Only now it seems more justified.

Score: 75.01

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have carpal tunnel. LOL! Dear Lord help me for the FD!

auser

Record Breaker
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
Music: Tango: "Alevare" by Astor Piazzolla; Tango: "Tangata del Alba" by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
Costumes: Black lace dress with bare back for her (pretty); white Henley working man shirt with black pants and red suspenders for him

Required Elements:

Very sharp tango steps. Yes it's sexy but finally I don't feel like it's ONLY about sex.

Twizzles Level 4 with huge GOE of 2.78 and well deserved. They were first rate
TR Pattern - Level 3 for both sections with mostly Y KPs. 2.61 GOE for 1st/2.41 for 2nd
Midline Step Seq - Level 3 with HUGE GOE of 3.73 and also well deserved
Curve Lift -very low with a very deep curve. Level 4 with 1.27

They received a career best for this at Salt Lake earlier this year (can you say Home Cookin'? I sure can!). But this blows that out of the water. Everything is so much improved. Yes, it's the usual sexy sexy sexy, but this finally felt like more than that. Really, kudos to them both. THIS is the H/D I fell in love with back when they were doing their Queen FD.

Score: 78.43
.2 Deductions. Gotta check the protocols.
Glad you were able to make a liar of me regarding my earlier post ;). Thank you so much for your pbp :thank:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. Finished already. That hour and a half really flew through. Must be because of the good company I had on here! :agree:

Right, off to watch the last 2 in the Men's SP, and then into the Ladies SP (can't watch the Pairs yet, because I taped Eurosport's TV coverage on the Sky box, but I am currently taping something from it onto the HDD recorder).

Goodnight to all the members in North America. Sleep tight.

CaroLiza_fan

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Madi/Zach need to change that ending pose. It's not the first time Zach has lost balance at the end. It's a gross position anyway!