2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I'm biased but the interpretation of this music will always belong to Weaver and Poje for me.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
They don't know that the audience is nervously laughing because Zach is giving the sex face look.

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Saw something fall off her dress right before the end pose -- I went back a few times, but it didn't look like it caused the misbalance.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
Music: Tango: "Alevare" by Astor Piazzolla; Tango: "Tangata del Alba" by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
Costumes: Black lace dress with bare back for her (pretty); white Henley working man shirt with black pants and red suspenders for him

Required Elements:

Very sharp tango steps. Yes it's sexy but finally I don't feel like it's ONLY about sex.

Twizzles Level 4 with huge GOE of 2.78 and well deserved. They were first rate
TR Pattern - Level 3 for both sections with mostly Y KPs. 2.61 GOE for 1st/2.41 for 2nd
Midline Step Seq - Level 3 with HUGE GOE of 3.73 and also well deserved
Curve Lift -very low with a very deep curve. Level 4 with 1.27

They received a career best for this at Salt Lake earlier this year (can you say Home Cookin'? I sure can!). But this blows that out of the water. Everything is so much improved. Yes, it's the usual sexy sexy sexy, but this finally felt like more than that. Really, kudos to them both. THIS is the H/D I fell in love with back when they were doing their Queen FD.

Score: 78.43
.2 Deductions. Gotta check the protocols.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
2 deductions. One for that ending pose slip. Maybe time violation of extended lift for the 2nd? They would have broken 80 otherwise.

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
2 deductions. One for that ending pose slip. Maybe time violation of extended lift for the 2nd? They would have broken 80 otherwise.

Costume deduction. Right before the last pose, a bit of fringe or stringy lacy flew off her dress.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I do really like Madison's dress and that isn't something I've said often.

Mmmmm. That was the one thing that I didn't like.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just don't think it is appropriate for skaters to wear see-through dresses, or dresses that try to look like they're see-through.

Did Zach cut his hand?

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It is definitely a classic Tango type of program, very well executed, neat and with flow, but lacks something for me from interpretation /expression standpoint now... But the GOE shower sure was there, good for them. Ooops, 2 points of deduction, the stumble was counted as a fall and lift time violation?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mmmmm. That was the one thing that I didn't like.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just don't think it is appropriate for skaters to wear see-through dresses, or dresses that try to look like they're see-through.

Did Zach cut his hand?

CaroLiza_fan

Madi stabbed him according to her.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That was awesome, and-dare I say it-better than H/D in my eyes.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I like M/C with their signature speed, sharp, confident expression. Lift where she seems to be sitting on his shoulder I'm not too sure about.