2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

Danny T

Medalist
Hmm, I'm starting to think me putting in predictions is cursing skaters :rofl:

But then everyone and their mothers chose Shoma so probably not.

Orlov

Medalist
honestly Zhenya is going to be in the first group. has she ever been in the first group?

Everything once happens for the first time... At the last competition she was defeated by a foreigner for the first time, at this event she will be in the first group for the first time ...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also, Evgenia fans. Calm the flip down. It's only six points between her and second and plenty of the ladies ahead of her have a less than stellar record in free skates. She comes back with a clean free tomorrow she can easily take the silver. The season is not lost because of one iffy SP.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Popping into the thread for my obligatory "I'm so proud of Worlds silver medalist Wakaba Higuchi" fanfare. I'm so glad she could skate a clean program after numerous injury reports and shaky practices. You could literally see her light up after she knew she had landed all of her jumps. She can grow so much more into this program, and when it's finally performed with lots of "Energia" throughout, I think it will win more people over :)

Those devastated by the current placements are overreacting in my opinion; like many have said there are literally just 6 points separating 2nd-7th place. That's like... 1 element in a free skate. There are so many ways points are earned and lost, and in a free skate it gets even more unpredictable. Don't lose sleep, these ladies skaters are fighters and the chips will fall where they will tomorrow!

leoleo

Medalist
I'm so proud of Wakaba. Other than being slower than usual and maybe less energetic you wouldn't know that she is injured :love: She gave it all she could considering the circumstances and with a smile :luv17: I hope she can keep this up in the free skate. I desperately need her on the podium :(

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Guys someone stop me I drank too much olympic beer and now I'm gonna drunk DM Evgenia Medvedeva crying about how much her skating means to me and how she can rebound and she's so strong. It worked when I did it for Gabby Daleman and she didn't even block me on instagram someone stop me.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Trust me, everyone, Wakaba's music gets even worse when you understand the lyrics... it's essentially one sentence repeated over and over. Of all the fantastic Brazilian music, she picked this :palmf:
Actually, it’s not even Brazilian... The duo who performs it is American.
(Pretty blatant as the lyrics don’t make any sense at all)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'd say Medvedeva will podium just fine here, maybe even win.
The main issue with this, imho, is the reputation loss. Ok, you are unbeatable, but then you make a mistake and finish second. It happens, everybody is human. But 1st warm up...
Yep, she got highest PCs here, but thats not her competition really, her competition is rusnats and worlds

It‘s reassuring to see a post like this from you. And I can‘t believe I‘m actually more negative about Zhenya right now than you. Lol. Crazy times. But what I mean is: How could she pull off a win here? She is 14 points behind Liza who has a 3A and well scoring jumps GOE wise. I can see her catching the others if she‘s clean. If.. Okay, I think I‘ll need to go to sleep, come to terms with this and accept the result before I‘ll kill everybody with negativity here...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Guys someone stop me I drank too much olympic beer and now I'm gonna drunk DM Evgenia Medvedeva crying about how much her skating means to me and how she can rebound and she's so strong. It worked when I did it for Gabby Daleman and she didn't even block me on instagram someone stop me.

All right, chillax for us. She got this.

katymay

Medalist
Trust me, everyone, Wakaba's music gets even worse when you understand the lyrics... it's essentially one sentence repeated over and over. Of all the fantastic Brazilian music, she picked this :palmf:

I like it. It has grown on me. And both Mako and Wakaba have such interesting, unique choreography. (not executed 100% yet, but later in the season...it will be wow.) Medvedeva-well, I think her program is way beneath her abilities as a skater. The very thing she is good at-sophisticated choreography, steps etc.,-is missing. In my opinion, it is a program with pedestrian choreography. And while so many skaters picked music that suits them (Elizabeta-moonlight sonata, Mako and Wakaba whimsy and unique, Starr- etc.) Zhenya's program doesn't bring out or accentuate the very aspects of her skating that are stellar. Instead it is like a hastily assembled exhibition piece.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
It‘s reassuring to see a post like this from you. And I can‘t believe I‘m actually more negative about Zhenya right now than you. Lol. Crazy times. But what I mean is: How could she pull off a win here? She is 14 points behind Liza who has a 3A and well scoring jumps GOE wise. I can see her catching the others if she‘s clean. If.. Okay, I think I‘ll need to go to sleep, come to terms with this and accept the result before I‘ll kill everybody with negativity here...

Weirder things have happened in figure skating.

Danny T

Medalist
Changing topic, I'm hella mad at Wakaba's team BTW. She got a full e on that flip and a grand total of 2.32 points for the element. Whoever think it's a good idea to replace her perfectly amazing loop with a sketchy flip better come and explain :unsure:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We don't want to moderate too heavily in here but the rules still apply.

Don't make negative comments about skaters bodies, do not bash and do not bicker.

Please don't respond to posts you think are in violation of the rules. Report them. So far things have been really civil and pleasant while still fun. Let's keep it that way, okay?

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
So, am I allowed to complain about the scoring as the highest PCS of the night went to a program with a huge mistake? :slink:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Would it be better for Wakaba to do a loop in the short? She got some -5s on that 3Fe