2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Watching on the big tv in the living room does not work. I can't be on GS and do my duties while the dog sits on my lap and cat sits on my chest. So I am back to streaming on my small computer screen.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Don't have a working link so I hope someone can do the PBP.

Well, I can do the costume replay....

Sales/Wamsteeker:
She's in a green :)yay:) backless tango dress, he's in a matching hairdo. They don't fall. Nice, but lifts aren't as impressive as I've seen this season.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Don't have a working link so I hope someone can do the PBP.

Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER
She's in Tessa Virtue-esque green dress, he in simple white shirt.

Compulsory seemed good, maybe a little slow.
Twizzles solid.
They have some nice ice coverage.
Midline steps get a small positive GOE.
Rotational lift also gets a small positive GOE.

Nice, but not sure how high the score will be.

ETA - Ichatdelune says compulsory mainly Ns

57.09 SB

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's oddly disconcerting that they have virtually same hairdos, the buns are almost identical in size... Nice twizzles, but with a lot of Ns for key points I don't think it was their best dance.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER
Music: Tango: "Compilation 27 Volver" by Maxime Rodriguez; Argentine Tango: "Que Faita Que Me Haces - Forever Tango" by Lisandro Adrover
Choreography by: Matthew Gates
Costumes: Green dress with sheer sleeves for her, Black shirt with white shirt for him.

Required Elements:

Tango steps in hold to Establish the Mood. And still Establishing the Mood. Goodness, they take quite a while to get into the
TR Pattern - .18 goe for the first part. the box stopped then. They need to be closer in the hips. You could drive a truck through them.
Twizzles with hop entrance, nice spacing and sync. Level 4 for both 1.04g
ML St Seq - Good, a tad slow. It's an odd combo of crisp and slow.
Rotational Lift - level 4.

They have a nice look on the ice. It's all very traditional, but as I said, it's also an odd combo of sharp and slow. Skating closer together would help. So would speed skating lessons. But the individual tango movements are crisp.

Score: 57.09 and a SB. They're improving.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
*whining* Why is CTV blocking me from using the ISU feed? Why is the TES box so spotty? When will Tracy have to get out the enzymatic cleaner because of Rod Black?

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I hadn't realised that Joseph Buckland, skating now, is the ex partner of Olivia Smart, skating next. What a coincidence!