2018 Tallinn Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Tallinn Men's Short Program

LadyB

Record Breaker
No people and technical glitches...:frown:

Other than that, I like what the boys are doing. Good on ya, Vince. Now waiting for Roman.

frida80

Record Breaker
Who is with the only non-Russian JGP qualifying lady at Colorado??

Maybe an assistant? The week before the big comp is suppose to be as normal as possible as to not make the skater nervous. Colorado is very pretty in the fall. Maybe a safe hike would be nice.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Roman Savosin RUS: 4S (step out, touch down, maybe UR), 3A (forward landing), 4T(UR)-2T. He has the best body movements in this field :thumbsup: Score 71.50. 4th

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Vincent’s urs seems to be getting worse, has he injured himself again? :sad21:

It may have just been the lighting in the K&C, but I thought that Vincent looked unwell after his skate. No one looked as if they'd slept well.
I hope he comes back in the free.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Vincent was fortunate to get only 3 URs. I thought the first one would be a full downgrade.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I went back and watched Maxim Kovtun and thought he didn’t do too bad considering he’s been out a little while. I thought his quad salchow and axel looked good and that he made an effort to perform the program. The pop on the 4t and step fall was unfortunate.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I liked Kovtun more than I thought I would today. His interpretation seems to have improved? I really wish the Russian men were more consistent, because they all have nice qualities and their own unique styles. They could challenge and bring out the best in one another, but alas....maybe this year's nationals will be different :laugh:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I went back and watched Maxim Kovtun and thought he didn’t do too bad considering he’s been out a little while. I thought his quad salchow and axel looked good and that he made an effort to perform the program. The pop on the 4t and step fall was unfortunate.

He's working with Sasha Uspenki, i don't know if full time but he's always travelling with him at competitions: i remember with him suddenly Samarin became consistent (after years of inconsistency in juniors) and he was also working with Elena Radionova few years ago when she was one of the top skaters.

I think he has a chance to medal at Nationals.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Not sure what to make of Kovtun. The Russian men are sort of divided between those with a huge scoring ceiling (Kolyada, Aliev) and those with a relatively good scoring floor (Voronov, Samarin, Kovtun?), but those with the highest scoring potential aren’t consistent and those with a relatively good scoring floor don’t have high enough scoring ceilings to be truly competitive for podium finishes at Euros or Worlds. Kovtun has a great look in the air, similar to Paul Fentz and Samarin, though. I love the tall ones.

I am also surprised Zhou’s 4Lz was only < and not <<.