Time in Other Places

START ORDER​

Entries​

No.
Name
Nation
Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
SP: Never Tear Us Apart (Joe Cocker)
FS: Scent of a Woman Tango (Itzhak Perlman, John Williams)
AUS
Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP: "Wild Horses," cover of the Rolling Stones by Adam Levine and Alicia Keys; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Turning Page," from Sleeping at Last; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: "Bella Belle" by Electric Swing Circus; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
FS: W.E. soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Pasquale Camarlengo
USA
Winter DEARDORFF / Max SETTLAGE
SP: "Tango Amore" by Edvin Marton
FS: "Pas de Deux" from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky
USA
Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV
SP: "Masquerade Waltz" by Aram Khachaturian; choreo by Olga Ganicheva, Evgeni Nemirovskii
FS: "Tango de Roxanne" and "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge, performed by The Police; choreo by Olga Ganicheva, Evgeni Nemirovskii

USA

Last edited by a moderator:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone here? By my count this should have started 13 minutes ago, but NBC Sports Gold is showing "coverage will begin shortly"...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Stream's up and we have trumpets!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Camille RUEST & Andrew WOLFE (CAN)

Fair catch on the triple twist. Only a 2T+1T from Ruest on sbs jumps. Rough landing on the first lift. Sudden fall on the throw 3Lo, ouch. Decent speed throughout combo spin. Only a 2S from Wolfe on sbs 3S attempt. OMG a forward fall in the middle of the second lift, ARE THEY ALRIGHT?! It seems like he either caught an edge or it just got unbalanced. Another fall on the throw 3S. Nice lunge entry into the third lift, but it looks like it might have been a bit of a botched exit. Better death spiral to end the program.

Well, that was a very rough outing for them. That botched second lift was just scary. I'm just glad no one was seriously injured, just a minor injury on Ruest's hand (she's got an ice pack on it).

Free Program Score: 70.51, Total Score: 124.17

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As much as I want to like Winter and Max as a pair, I'm not seeing much of a future for them, unless they have the patience to stay together a loooong time. The age and skill difference is really apparent. They haven't really gelled, and there's a lot of element issues for a team that's been together now for what, a year?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Winter DEARDORFF & Max SETTLAGE (USA)

Alright catch but low 3Twist. Step-out from Deardorff on the 3S. Safe and landed throw 3F. Step-out from Settlage on the end of the sbs 3T+2T. First lift could be more secure. Not enough height on the throw 3Lo, so unfortunately a fall. Better second lift with good ice coverage. Beautiful pair of spirals that weaved in and out from each other. Fine second lift with a somersault exit. Very unstable transfer of foot in the combo spin, and as a result very early with the ending.

Definitely shades of being an inexperienced pair, but I like their lines and posture. Their spiral transition was fantastic and they have a good look on the ice. They just need more security in all their elements.

FS: 83.84, Total Score: 128.91

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, well that obviously wasn't what A/W were looking for. That said, I can really tell they're starting to gel as a team. There were some moments where they were very synchronized, and her movement is getting less awkward. Still some ways to go, but some good progress over the summer!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA & Harley WINDSOR (AUS)

Beautiful 3Twist with plenty of height to start. Completed but rough landing for Windsor on the 3T+2T(one arm aloft). Fall on the attempted throw 3Lo. Only a 2S from Ekaterina on the sbs 3S attempt. Good change of position on the first lift. Nice shoot-the-duck position going into the death spiral. A bit stuck and uncomfortable on the tango choreography though. OUCH, a completely aborted second lift, just bad timing. And another fall on the throw 3F. Much better third one-handed lift. A bit stuck on the transition in the combo spin, though.

I'm surprised with all of the errors from this pair at this competition. They were quite strong in juniors for the last few years IIRC. This was very tough to watch...

FS: 86.63
Total Score: 142.42

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Big shoes to fill, picking Roxanne this season. But it fits Lu/Mitrofanov somehow. Not a great skate though.

Overall, there have been a LOT of scary errors in this competition. SO many aborted lifts, so many falls. You know it's a rough competition when you stop hoping everyone does their best and just start hoping that everyone escapes without any serious injuries.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Big shoes to fill, picking Roxanne this season. But it fits Lu/Mitrofanov somehow. Not a great skate though.

Overall, there have been a LOT of scary errors in this competition. SO many aborted lifts, so many falls. You know it's a rough competition when you stop hoping everyone does their best and just start hoping that everyone escapes without any serious injuries.

I agree. I loved the twist was in time to ROXANNNE! but yeah, not a good day in the office....i hope for improvement at NHK!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Audrey LU & Misha MITROFANOV, USA

Low but serviceable catch in the 3Twist, nice hands over the hand from Lu. Well-landed throw 3Lo! A tricky entry in the first lift, a bit slow. Ouch, a fall from Misha on the sbs 3S, looked like he just couldn't stand up on it. Ouch, another aborted lift, what is going on? Just couldn't make the split transition. Very low landing for Lu on the throw 3S attempt (might even be <). Another fall from Misha on the sbs 3T. Better combo spin though with fine transitions. AND ANOTHER aborted lift in the final pass. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Ouch, two aborted lifts... This is NOT good. Is the ice a problem? Are they too high above sea level or something? OH MY...

FS: 86.68
Total Score: 143.93, 1st Place somehow

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats Ashley and Tim, you survived! That was actually a solid skate.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great from Tim and Ashley. Some minor errors--she's a BEAST for not falling on those throws--but I think this program is a fantastic program for them and looks really good. They seem to have gelled a lot over the summer too. :clap:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ashley CAIN & Timothy LEDUC, USA

Beautifully high 3Twist! Good sbs 3Lo as well. Eeked out the landing on the throw 3Lz. Good lasso lift, but a little rough on the exit. Good 3S+2T+2Lo (3S might be < from Cain). Interesting ina bauer entry into the second lift, very nice. Two hands down on the tentative throw 3S, but well-done. A rough entry into the third lift but completed. Slightly slow on the combo spin. A very low death spiral to finish the program.

Well, since everyone's having problems, I'm just glad we have a program where neither partner fell. Good on them! You earned that gold medal! The W/E is appropriate music for this pair.

FS: 113.95
Total Score: 173.05

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Is it just me or has Cain and LeDuc’s triple twist improved? It seems higher than last year.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well, at least Lu / Mitrofanov have a silver medal!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They changed the lift requirements for this season to make them more difficult. IIRC Meagan Duhamel predicted we'd be seeing more aborted lifts this season due to that.