2018 US Intl Classic Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 US Intl Classic Pairs Free Skate

twirlingaround

Rinkside
The overall field was weak. Congrats to Cain and LeDuc but the program was labored and this program for them is not a good choice for them as Im not seeing a connection just two single skaters out there on the ice, Just my opinion. Beautiful skaters in general, great jumpers and skating skills but overall weak pair elements.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They changed the lift requirements for this season to make them more difficult. IIRC Meagan Duhamel predicted we'd be seeing more aborted lifts this season due to that.

I forgot about that - no wonder there were so many! The fall by Ruest and Wolfe was especially rough.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
The overall field was weak. Congrats to Cain and LeDuc but the program was labored and this program for them is not a good choice for them as Im not seeing a connection just two single skaters out there on the ice, Just my opinion. Beautiful skaters in general, great jumpers and skating skills but overall weak pair elements.

I actually really liked this program for them (I agree with labored, I think everyone looked labored. Altitude maybe?). I feel like they have a really genuine connection. Just goes to show how subjective skating is!