2018 Worlds Short Dance | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'll miss Anna and Luca so much. They're my ultimate soft spot ice dance team. There's something abut them, their personalities and their skating, that grabs me.

They do have nice personalities. And are good dancers - but there are so so many now especially the Americans and Canadians besides obviously the French. They still are and always willbe medal threats. I am glad they enjoy skating as it shows but part of me says once they got the world title they should have retired on top.Like Carolina who is even a better skater it seems like their careersdragged a bit.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I'd have W/P above the Italians and even H/D.

Okay maybe not above H/D because of the twizzle mis-sync.

Dimitry

Rinkside
The twizzles were a little wild but otherwise I think they are gonna be rewarded basically the same score of C/L

slider11

Medalist
I thought Chock and Bates looked cautious especially on the twizzles

Agreed. It seems that Chock and Bates are trying to emphasize technical precision over speed. Doesn't sell well with Latin.

Weaver and Poje! Great improvement. Hate the costumes but loved the dance!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Choreographically interesting start for Weaver / Poje with the partial step. Very close connections, Level 4. They were a bit off-time in the synchronization in the second set of twizzles (but I'm just glad they got through them), and their edges could be a bit deeper in the non-touch, Level 3. I found this performance to be quite good, not amazing but well-done.

Leelee425

On the Ice
I think WeaPo’s short dance never came back to the level they performed it at Skate Canada, they kind of lost some magic for me this season where as Gillis and Poirier have become a favorite of mine to watch. Sorry WeaPo :slink: