2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Free Skate

Ziotic

Medalist
Couldn't they get their minimums at a B competition and do 4CCs?
I’m fairly certain the cutoff has passed and they aren’t already registered.

At least he’s on the national team, but I hope they make and exception for Roman next year.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh my god, now Rod is talking with his hands, this is like watching a parliamentary session at Queens Park when Doug Ford is talking to Mister Speaker and flapping his arms like a chicken....

Sorry, just ignore me.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I kept thinking it was so great to watch so many of the skaters being genuinely happy for each other doing well. Canadians proving the truth of the stereotype of nice Canadians.

But did you knooooooow that Keegan is Alaskan-Canadian???? And that Stephen is only 14? Thank God Stephen was only 14. If he was 15, Rod would have had to harp on him being Russian-Canadian along with endlessly retreading the Canadanes journey from Dance.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Nam on his very deserved win!

Rod: Have you ever seen anything like this?

Tracy: Not in someone so young! Ummmmmmm......Michelle Kwan & Tara Lipinski ring a bell?

I wasn't impressed with Gogolev's presentation, but he's only 14. His technical content is great and once he learns to better relate to the music, he'll be near unbeatable.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I ... am actually pretty happy with the results here. Nam deserved the win. Keegan just made too many mistakes to place above Gogolev’s tech content, even with a deserved PCS advantage. Everyone was smiling! A satisfying end to Canadian nats.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I watched live so: yay Nam, agree with silver being a blessing in disguise for Lil' Stephen, and I have no idea why Rod Black is allowed within a hundred feet of FS competitions. Yesterday he called Stephen *Sergei* for god's sake!!

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I ... am actually pretty happy with the results here. Nam deserved the win. Keegan just made too many mistakes to place above Gogolev’s tech content, even with a deserved PCS advantage. Everyone was smiling! A satisfying end to Canadian nats.

I have to agree. As much as I like Keegan, he just didn't deliver tonight.

Oh, and did you know Keegan is Alaskan-Canadian? I'm shocked! LOL

champagnerain

Final Flight
I watched live so: yay Nam, agree with silver being a blessing in disguise for Lil' Stephen, and I have no idea why Rod Black is allowed within a hundred feet of FS competitions. Yesterday he called Stephen *Sergei* for god's sake!!

You mean every boy with Russian parents isn't named Sergei? First I've heard of it. :palmf:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
So the Canadian nationals are over...who have ever thought that Nam and Alaine would win. Stephan was very good but not as crisp as he can be.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Yeah, this thread made it to 14 pages :devil:

So we have three two-time Canadian Champions now, Alaine, Nam, K-MT, and three-time for W/P. Congrats!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
But he should do a B to increase his season's best. He will want to be competing in seniors next year.

The Challenger series are the only B events that count for SB scores. It would be a good way to get a few WS points though.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I don't like Rod at all since I discovered him commenting FS. He's awful. I love Ted and I wonder why doesn't he replace everybody else. When skaters fall, Rod often says "and down she goes")That makes me so upset.

icetug

Medalist
What a bad luck for Conrad... He's 5th at Nationals, but only 3rd as a junior :drama:
I see two solutions.
First: he earns senior TES and goes to Worlds. Alternatively: he and Jo compete at senior B and the better goes to senior Worlds, the other to Junior Worlds.
Second: he checks whether he possibly has a Polish passport. Poland doesn't have a junior men for JW...