2019 Four Continents Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Rhythm Dance

Weathergal

Medalist
She's done their announcing for years. Not sure what her issue has been this year. I don't remember her being this bad at last year's nationals and I was there for just about every event lol

I agree - I thought I recognized her and never thought she was anywhere near this bad or obtrusive before.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
Japan
Music: "El sol Sueño" and "Sueño de Barrilete" by Eladia Blázquez
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: One sleeved purple bias cut dress with deep plum appliques, deep v and open back for her (good lord that's a lot of adjectives!); basic black with what I think of as bruised plum jacket for him

Required Elements:

Tim had a name change!You go go go! Whoever you are!

She's giving FACE to start. This is Ice Dance. Face counts. Face counts a great deal.
Tangoesque steps and into
Twizzles - lets call that Speed Bump Twizzles. Ouch. Level 3 for her, 4 for him. neg .10 goe
She shoots through his legs and up we go into the
TR Pattern 1 - Basic, NNNN. I think they started off beat and tried to catch up.
TR Pattern 2 - Level 3 YNYY, .34 goe. Nice recovery.
Tempo change into Broody Tango
Diag St Seq - Level 3, .28 goe
Flip up over his shoulder into the
Curve Lift - Nice curve to one foot for him and position by her. LOVE her facial expression here. Nicely done. Level

A bit bumpy with highs and lows. He desperately needs to add some personality. She's carrying all the personality in the program.

Score: 54.94

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think she actually does the announcing for all, or at least most, of the events in the US? Her voice is familiar and she does do a lot of "how about it?" and "show them some love" stuff.

But I don't remember her ever being quite like this...

you are correct.

I wonder if it's because the crowd seems so small and quiet and this is how she thinks she can get the crowd enthused?

pearly

Record Breaker
I'm really surprised to hear she often announces FS events since she struggles to pronounce worlds such as championships. World order in Winter Olympics Games is also a though one.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
The sound is off on my feed. Guess the one running the feed is as ticked off at the announcer as we are?

Or maybe I shouldn't have said I like the previous tango music.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Laurence and Nikolaj kissing and him whispering "I love you" at the end of that performance is like flagging the bull with that announcer.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Yes, Laurence and Nikolaj! :love:

I suppose we should be glad the announcer didn't feel the need to give a play by play on their kiss.