2019 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program

Danny T

Medalist
The step sequence might not earn levels, but the energy was on point IMO ;)

Someone in the audience should try to destroy the zoom function of the cameramen though, what's the point when you can't see half of the steps during the step sequence ...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
The step sequence might not earn levels, but the energy was on point IMO ;)

Someone in the audience should try to destroy the zoom function of the cameramen though, what's the point when you can't see half of the steps during the step sequence ...

i second this! tabsy! you're our woman!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Polish is an interesting language for sure, how does 'rz' make a 'sh' (ish) sound? I'm genuinely curious, am a language nerd.

Thought it was warmup for a second, this song is always playing during warmup

It sure shouldn't be read like 'sh':laugh:, it's tougher and reads maybe similarly to French 'j' in 'Jean' for example

Danny T

Medalist
Oh noo, she had such a great recovery after the first fall only to fell again on the steps :(

Why green though ...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i should stop cheering for people, seriously i jinx them! :bang:

(the dj is totally in love with dire straits)

LaArdilla

Medalist
Polish is an interesting language for sure, how does 'rz' make a 'sh' (ish) sound? I'm genuinely curious, am a language nerd.

Thought it was warmup for a second, this song is always playing during warmup

Actually the announcer pronounced it wrong, it should be something like French pronunciation of “gel”. On the other hand we DO pronounce “rz” like “sh” sometimes, if it appears after a voiceless consonant. In case of poor Oliwia’s surname the rz is the initial sound so you pronounce it like “ge” in French “gel”.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Joining the party. Feeling very sad for my girl Guzide, what happened? I should have got up earlier to cheer her on :sad14:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Very nice, Eva! Loved that long spread eagle.

My cats liked her, too. :)

And these bright costumes are making me want to wear something fluorescent, but I don't have anything I won't freeze in...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It sure shouldn't be read like 'sh':laugh:, it's tougher and reads maybe similarly to French 'j' in 'Jean' for example

:eek:topic: So I got curious and googled Polish phonology, apparently 'rz' is [ʐ] so I'm pronouncing it like the French 'j' [ʒ] but with a more of a 'z' sound, ie more buzzing noises. Am I close?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:eek:topic: So I got curious and googled Polish phonology, apparently 'rz' is [ʐ] so I'm pronouncing it like the French 'j' [ʒ] but with a more of a 'z' sound, ie more buzzing noises. Am I close?

There is a joke about the Canadian province Saskatchewan: No hills to spoil the view. (it is incredibly flat there)
New joke about Polish (in the same vein): Polish: No vowels to ruin the language.