2019 Russian Junior Nationals - Men | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019 Russian Junior Nationals - Men

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Savosin is the same age as Erokhov and nobody is asking if he is eligible to go to JW :confused2:

LadyB

Record Breaker
but who suddenly can not transmit any emotion ( not an ounce of expression on his face) ... For me it's still a casting error.
He’s so very young, there has to be room for improvement. If he could do absolutely everything already... it would be very boring. His body feels the music and translates it beautifully. Plenty of time to work on expressing emotions :agree:

readernick

Medalist
Iffy landing but quad lutz landed, and other jumps too. He's the clear winner.

And Roman Savosin is on podium

Oh Artur Artur... :sad4:

Artur is such a beautiful skater. His posture and extension are perfect. He has to get it together. He has to! I love him!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur is such a beautiful skater. His posture and extension are perfect. He has to get it together. He has to! I love him!

Not if his team keeps making bad decisions. He just attempted his first quad 2 wks ago to disasterous results. Why on Earth would you have him attempt it again at such an important event? Then he did a 2a instead of a flip attempt which in the end cost him JW.

I guess the silver lining is that he still has 4 more junior seasons but man, I hope his team learn to strategize between now and then.

ETA: also so upset for Mozalev. Not my favorite but man I really wanted him and/or Artur on the JW team and I got neither :sad21:

patchris84

On the Ice
He’s so very young, there has to be room for improvement. If he could do absolutely everything already... it would be very boring. His body feels the music and translates it beautifully. Plenty of time to work on expressing emotions :agree:
I agree with you, but precisely why not find him a more cheerful theme, he has all the time to skate on more mature programs.
I liked his sp and he didn't steal his victory !

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I agree with you, but precisely why not find him a more cheerful theme, he has all the time to skate on more mature programs.

I think it was wise for Gleikhengauz to have Samsonov skate to a "neutral" theme, instead of something either too childish or too mature for a boy of 13 to express himself in.
No doubt Khrustalniy is setting him up to do great things, and building an image takes time.

patchris84

On the Ice
Time has become difficult to predict in this sport. (even more in Russia and even more at ...)
And the "neutral" option was already what had been privileged in his sp.
Since his age prevents him from going to the World Juniors anyway, there was nothing capital to choose this option for him this year.
But I wish like you that its evolution is going as well as possible because he is promising.

rachno2

Record Breaker
ETA: also so upset for Mozalev. Not my favorite but man I really wanted him and/or Artur on the JW team and I got neither :sad21:

Same, those two are my favorites :( At least Petr gets to go.

Erokhov has never been my favorite, but good for him turning around his unlucky season.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Savosin is the same age as Erokhov and nobody is asking if he is eligible to go to JW :confused2:

Somehow i put Erokhov in my mind already as a senior skater, while Savosin is still as a junior :laugh:. Perhaps it has to do with Erokhov getting only on the starting list of senior competitions this season.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Somehow i put Erokhov in my mind already as a senior skater, while Savosin is still as a junior :laugh:. Perhaps it has to do with Erokhov getting only on the starting list of senior competitions this season.
Petrov went to Junior Worlds after how many years in Seniors? Of course these days men do not turn senior that young due to increased competition.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
His quad lutz seemed more likely to be downgraded than to pass as rotated. Maybe was upset by that element and wasn't expecting to receive those huge PCS, and so wasn't sure to win.

My two cents.

melgirl25

Medalist
His quad lutz seemed more likely to be downgraded than to pass as rotated. Maybe was upset by that element and wasn't expecting to receive those huge PCS, and so wasn't sure to win.

My two cents.

I see. He is a talented fellow. I wish him the best!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Petrov went to Junior Worlds after how many years in Seniors? Of course these days men do not turn senior that young due to increased competition.

Somehow i bet that the Fed will try with Samsonov as soon as it will get to bring him to seniors. I think he will be eligible for Oly 2022?
Frankly i find Savosin pretty boring, so his age didn't registered at all :scard7:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Somehow i bet that the Fed will try with Samsonov as soon as it will get to bring him to seniors. I think he will be eligible for Oly 2022?
Frankly i find Savosin pretty boring, so his age didn't registered at all :scard7:

2021-2022 would be his first senior eligibility. But whether they push him to seniors will likely depend where he's at growth-wise. Comparing him to Alexandra, Alena and Anna, I'd say he's well under 5 feet. And we've seen that growing can mess with the boys jumps for a bit. But he's got tons of potential for sure.