2019 World Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Ladies Free Skate

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wouldn't call Zhenya's current situation "flourishing"
The post you’re quoting didn’t either, but Evgenia needed a big overhaul to keep going as an adult skater, and she’s made big strides to getting there.

Ziotic

Medalist
Is it different in pairs? Because Germany only got 2 teams this year although S/M won?

There was another German team. So there total was less than 28 qualifying two.

The first and second place finishers only qualify 3 when they are the sole competitor

moriel

Record Breaker
The reign of Aiza Mambekova begins NOW!

If Rika had nailed her solo 3A I'm 100000% sure she would have scored 160 and won the whole thing. Oh well!

She got 3 points for it.
A clean 3A would have given her 10 or so, max 12 (+5GOE across the board), so +7 points, max +9 points against her current score.

She got 223, against alina's 237, a difference of 14 points. Imho, even with a clean 3A, she would be second, because of the SP mistake.

But i agree that even the way she skated, she deserved a medal here.

- - - Updated - - -

The post you’re quoting didn’t either, but Evgenia needed a big overhaul to keep going as an adult skater, and she’s made big strides to getting there.

I would disagree. Her jumps are smaller and heavier than ever. Her axel also got worse than before, with axis issues on almost every jump. Her Lutz is still a flutz.

GGFan

Record Breaker
The ladies comp is further proof that nothing can bring me down from my Sui/Han high. All of these are just footnotes :laugh2:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Actually it doesnt look like, whenever she doesnt know she is on camera, her face is pretty not happy. When she sees the camera is on her, she starts smiling.
You can see Liz and Alina smiling nonstop, while Zhenya has a pokerface most of the time.

Uh, are you watching the same livestream as the rest of us? :confused2:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Actually it doesnt look like, whenever she doesnt know she is on camera, her face is pretty not happy. When she sees the camera is on her, she starts smiling.
You can see Liz and Alina smiling nonstop, while Zhenya has a pokerface most of the time.

Come on, man. People do not have to be "on" all the time just to reassure spectators they are all bubbly with joy inside. As a master of RBF. the idea that someone is miserable because they're not grinning head to toe is supremely irritating.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Aiza Mambekova and a few Juniors, but I don't think any of them would've had the minimums for this year.

Will they be able to get them next season? Good for them if they do (I'm all for skaters from small feds), but if not then 2 spots are going elsewhere, right?

frida80

Record Breaker
Sometimes skating in front of home audience can put a ton of pressure especially if you have a lot of high expectations. It's a shame that Rika, Kaori and Satoko didn't make the podium. But I think they all did such a great job!!!

LaArdilla

Medalist
I think Zhenya is happier about this world bronze than she was for her two world golds. D’awwww.

Definitely. After not making it to the GPF and Euros she couldn’t have predicted this outcome in her wildest dreams. I knew she had it in her.

moriel

Record Breaker
Dude yes she does - stop being a hater. Your intentions are so obvious

I suppose we are watching different streams.
On my, Zhenya has a pokerface on, and only starts to smile when she sees the camera is doing a closeup on her.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Special shout out to Rina Rybova who finished 13th at her first World's! I love her programs and look forward to seeing her next season!

President Jan's like "So you skate often?" to Alina. :laugh2:

#SBSman got Li'l Bet's name right again, I think someone else @'ed him.

moriel

Record Breaker
Come on, man. People do not have to be "on" all the time just to reassure spectators they are all bubbly with joy inside. As a master of RBF. the idea that someone is miserable because they're not grinning head to toe is supremely irritating.

Other two girls are bubbly all time for some reason.
But i suppose people see what they wanna see. They want to see improvement and happiness with the coaching change, they see it. They wanna see hapiness with losing a tournament, they see it.

leilaraj

On the Ice
Not a zhenya fan but I have to say she‘s a fighter! It‘s good to see her happy and accomplish this bronze medal

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She got 3 points for it.
A clean 3A would have given her 10 or so, max 12 (+5GOE across the board), so +7 points, max +9 points against her current score.

She got 223, against alina's 237, a difference of 14 points. Imho, even with a clean 3A, she would be second, because of the SP mistake.
She’d have gotten higher PCS without the mistake, as well, so it would have been closer, though I’m not sure enough to overtake.

I would disagree. Her jumps are smaller and heavier than ever. Her axel also got worse than before, with axis issues on almost every jump. Her Lutz is still a flutz.
Seeing as she just won a Worlds medal, I don’t see how you can disagree that she’s successful. Is she at the endpoint? Obviously no, but she was never going to be able to completely revamp her technique in one season. Two months ago even being at Worlds seemed out of the question, now she’s on the podium and very close to scoring 150+ in the free again.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow, what a surprising result. Crying for my japanese Ladies though. But I also believe that this will make Rika stronger, and let's not forget that this was Kaori's first Worlds with the pressure at home as well. I cannot be too mad at them, and I think they can come back strong next season. Quad by Elizabet wow....honestly since she is already 19, the puberty argument doesn't count anymore, even with her body. I guess, if she improves the PCS she'll be right in the mix. I love that Alina won Worlds, she proved what a fighter she is and not a fluke. I don't really want to think of next season, but I think all three of the Russians will have it hard to make the team, but Alina still has the best chances. I'm so happy she didn't give up.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Great night and great result, I'm off to bed as it's nearly 11pm here. See yous all tomorrow night for the mens event! :bed:

Orlov

Medalist
Oh, mom Elizabeth shy :) "No, you go" (to father Lilbeth) "Let's go, let's go, they said that two can go too" It's about picture together at the end. So cute :)