2019 World Championships Men's Free Skate | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Men's Free Skate

frida80

Record Breaker
Tom just has a banner year. With Yelim making the JGPF, the wins from Young, Ting's Bronze at JW and now Vincent's World Bronze. Vincent is the only other man to get on the world podium other than Nathan in a decade!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I hate it when Jason skates last. It seems like it never goes great :(

Yup. Too much sitting around.

I love that music. I love that program. But nerves. That was nerves to the nth degree. The best thing was to see his smile at the end. I know it's a cliche, but he never gave up on that performance. And he could smile knowing that he had no chance for a medal after such a great SP. That's real maturity.

He's rebuilding from the ground up. Ninth after a single season of rebuild is a good start.

I have faith.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Russia Looses 3rd spot

Canada looses 2nd spot

Israel looses 2nd spot

China gains 2nd spot

Italy gains 2nd Spot

Yossalu

On the Ice
I'm glad Boyang and Misha really rose in the standings after those rough shorts and tough seasons.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan is so good. I was crying at the end. It was the best I have ever seen him skate. Bravo, Nathan!

readernick

Medalist
I loooove Nathan and his program but his PCs are really too high

Yes, they are but the same thing happened to Alina. If you are the favorite and you deliver, they will shower you with PCS. At least, I enjoy Nathan more than Alina.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And who should finish 10th here?

Mr Liza aka Andrei LazuKING! Yaaaay! Happy for him and Mishin! :cheer: Good times, good times.

Nathan is a sweetheart, you can't deny that though.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Vincent Zhou winning over Jason from TES, that I can comprehend without any problems. Vincent Zhou being higher in PCS than Jason? Well that's... :noshake: But I'm too stressed to argue

reneerose

Final Flight
Also, Nathan is so classy pointing to Jason during his own score announcement when the camera focused on him first.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Nathan is so smart. Yuzu fans can't hate him because he's always been respectful and gracious. I love the mutual admiration society between them :bow:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent gets redemption from last year!

Btw I missed parts of Jason's FP cause I was taking my dog out and the wifi doesn't reach far enough so my stream froze at points and I to let it be inside for some points lol.

champagnerain

Final Flight
I'm glad Boyang and Misha really rose in the standings after those rough shorts and tough seasons.

Yeah, I wasn't rooting for anyone to fail, but I was very happy to see them both finish out the season with a respectable standing at worlds.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
I think the Nathan situation tonight to me is kind of like the Alina situation from the other day, when I fully agree they should have won by a good margin, but please, give them realistic PCS :laugh:

Yossalu

On the Ice
Nathan is so classy giving such genuine love to his competitors and the crowd. He also seems so much more comfortable and natural with these interviews than he used to be.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Sui/Han, Papadakis/Cizeron, and Nathan (with an awesome Yuzu performance as well)? Pinch me now! What a time to be alive! :hap93:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Vincent Zhou winning over Jason from TES, that I can comprehend without any problems. Vincent Zhou being higher in PCS than Jason? Well that's... :noshake: But I'm too stressed to argue

Oh my god I read the numbers the wrong way around.

I complained about Chen being the beneficiary of USFS propaganda, but Zhou is the bigger one. There is no universe where Zhou should get higher PCS than Jason. None.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I swear this is my last post about this: Vincent and Jason are separated by one point in PCS. I can't :shocked:

Not surprised. The PCS can change quite a bit now depending on the technical performance. Cleanliness and completing quads well is rewarded with higher PCS while mistakes like falls and pops lower the PCS. We're still in an era after Patrick Chan when people were complaining about him winning championships simply based on his PCS and how it didn't seem to matter what mistakes he did. Now the judges have gone in the other direction with giving higher and lower PCS depending on the technical and overall GOE marking.