2019 Worlds Men Watch Party; SP Tues 4/21, LP Wed 4/22 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds Men Watch Party; SP Tues 4/21, LP Wed 4/22

auser

Record Breaker
Fun program from Brezina who wears the guitar hero persona well. He has such eclectic music choices for his programs I am always happy to watch him :dance:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Why couldn't Yuzuru have kept the black costume... Oh well he went back to Seimei so moot point I guess

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I just realized that Mr gorgeous cactus Brezina has kept up the tradition of wearing something on top of a white shirt and insisting it's a costume for quite a while now

Now see, I don’t mind that a bit, as it does suit the program here. I would have tacked down the bottom of the vest to prevent it from flapping around, but that’s just me, I think that tailored costumes show off a gentleman’s body lines better.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This is probably the most emotionally engaged I've ever seen Vincent Zhou, so it's actually emotionally engaging for the audience. But he really needs to learn to loosen his arms because they are very stiff. And he's never going to learn that from the coaches he had here.

Just saying...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Hm, i would like that ISU implement the rule that skaters must performed all types of jumps in their programme even if skaters need to put them as a double jump. What i noticed in this final group of men planned programmes is that Yuzu and Shoma don't have a Lutz jump scheduled, and Nathan, Vincent and Shoma don't have a Loop jump scheduled. If i'm a judge I would definitely deduct half a point in Shoma composition score, for not having both Lutz and Loop scheduled, cause i don't find composition of the programme well-balanced in that case.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
This is probably the most emotionally engaged I've ever seen Vincent Zhou, so it's actually emotionally engaging for the audience. But he really needs to learn to loosen his arms because they are very stiff. And he's never going to learn that from the coaches he had here.

Just saying...

good thing he went to Hamada then. i saw him only at USNats this season, he looked better.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Even with the jumping problems, Shoma has an absolutely beautiful spread eagle combo that is so quiet and lovely and musical that I applaud him.

I wish more men would appreciate how beautiful simplicity can be.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Even with the jumping problems, Shoma has an absolutely beautiful spread eagle combo that is so quiet and lovely and musical that I applaud him.

I’m also a big fan of Shoma’s unique qualities. What you’re describing, WA, i think of as the “earthiness” of his skating. Quiet, lovely and musical work too as a description.

auser

Record Breaker

I wish powers that be and judges would reward them more ;).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hm, i would like that ISU implement the rule that skaters must performed all types of jumps in their programme even if skaters need to put them as a double jump. What i noticed in this final group of men planned programmes is that Yuzu and Shoma don't have a Lutz jump scheduled, and Nathan, Vincent and Shoma don't have a Loop jump scheduled. If i'm a judge I would definitely deduct half a point in Shoma composition score, for not having both Lutz and Loop scheduled, cause i don't find composition of the programme well-balanced in that case.

But are any of the men doing all of the jumping types? I don't know since I don't really look at the program layout. I mean it would be ideal, but I don't know if any of the men are doing all of them.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
But are any of the men doing all of the jumping types? I don't know since I don't really look at the program layout. I mean it would be ideal, but I don't know if any of the men are doing all of them.

Matteo and Jason have all type of jumps scheduled in their free. Almost all of ladies free programmes have them (which is easier for them cause they don't have that many quads scheduled). Yuzu for example could jump 3Lz instead of 3Lo (or 4Lz instead of 4Lo) and he would have all types of jumps in his free.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well the first of the greatest one/two punch programs at Worlds since Michelle Kwan and Lu Chen...