2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1153 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I believe Sofya Titova's highest SP score this season was 71.80, but I can't recall the event and the date thereof.

Anyone happen to remember? And is the video posted anywhere?

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm also trying to track down Lyubov Rubtsova's highest scoring SP performance this season.

Anyone happen to recall the event and date? (And have a link to the video?) Thanks!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Last edited:

starlight97

Final Flight
Trigger Warning, please nobody feel offended and go on attack, this is not a critique, but:
Anybody else ever feels a bit weird discussing and evaluating them super super young Russian girls? As in girls that haven't even entered juniors yet? Even if the discussion is not viscous or even negative at all, like it is for seniors, it's just a bit bizarre to me.
Of course one then asks the question: "Then what is the age from which you should feel ok to start judging and critiquing kids on an anonymous internet forum? What's the difference between a 14yo Kamila Valieva and an 11yo Alena Zhilina?"

But I'm just saying, this sport is becoming so young I see people, on the internet in general, again please nobody here feel attacked, starting to look at the 10 year olds to make predictions about the next OGM...

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Trigger Warning, please nobody feel offended and go on attack, this is not a critique, but:
Anybody else ever feels a bit weird discussing and evaluating them super super young Russian girls? As in girls that haven't even entered juniors yet? Even if the discussion is not viscous or even negative at all, like it is for seniors, it's just a bit bizarre to me.
Of course one then asks the question: "Then what is the age from which you should feel ok to start judging and critiquing kids on an anonymous internet forum? What's the difference between a 14yo Kamila Valieva and an 11yo Alena Zhilina?"

But I'm just saying, this sport is becoming so young I see people, on the internet in general, again please nobody here feel attacked, starting to look at the 10 year olds to make predictions about the next OGM...
You do have a point and i agree its worth considering what we write here especially about the youngest ones. Personally I find it unhelpful when people make perdictions on 10yo about who will become OGM or WGM since so much can happen in the novice and junior years.

When it comes to posting about young skater my personal philosophy is that if said skater or their parents where to read my post I dont want them to feel hurt or insulted by it.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

No. Depends strictly on the form and content. Those young athletes exist, their competitions take place, it's the part of the world. They do not appear out of nothing when they reach the "age of allowance". Back to the beginning, proper language and attitude should be chosen (though I think every athlete deserves that), on that I agree, but if kids (even younger than we see here) attend lets say talent competitions that are close to tabloid form, full of noise, harsh language, weird costumes and doubtful gestures I don't think the youth is in danger because of the plain information about the sport competitions and their participants.

Amei

Record Breaker
Alina scored 82 before so we know it's possible. But Valieva doesn't just have 2 4Ts, she has 2 3As too. With the 4S she wouldn't even need to up the 2T to 3T. It's 5 ultra elements.

And Valieva scored 254 domestically with 2 quads and a 3A< fall in the SP. Without it she would be at 262. I think Anna's quad gets around +3 internationally, but I think Kamila could be getting +4/+5.

I pointed out Shcherbakova's international scored quads because we all know that both Shcherbakova and Valieva get favorable domestic scoring that may or may not transfer to international judging. I mean if you want to talk like their domestic GOEs are going to transfer internationally - that's troublesome for Valieva still, she and Shcherbakova get about the same GOEs on their quads domestically, at Russian Nationals Shcherbakova scored better getting 4.5+ GOE on each of her quads. Internationally twice Shcherbakova's 4Lz+3T last season scored over 19 points, for the most part her solo quad lutz last year scored 14 points internationally - more than Valieva has gotten for most of her quad combinations with domestic scoring based on a scan of the cup series and nationals results.

Alina scored 82 before so we know it's possible. But Valieva doesn't just have 2 4Ts, she has 2 3As too. With the 4S she wouldn't even need to up the 2T to 3T. It's 5 ultra elements.

Well we have seen Trusova struggle to do that many ultra elements in a competition, at the Cup Final across both segments Valieva did 5 ultra elements - she only cleanly landed 2 of them.. Taking a look at the score sheets from the Cup series and Nationals this year - she's struggled to have more than 2 ultra elements

Cup Stage 2: No triple axel, 2 quads - fall on 1 quad, also a fall on a triple lutz
Cup Stage 5: Triple axel in the SP, landed but negative GOE; 2 quads and landed both
Cup Final: Triple axel landed in SP, landed the triple axel in the FS, attempted 3 quads - 2 falls and an invalid element on the 4S+SEQ+3T - mental error on her part, she had a messy landing on the 4S did a wonky turn and did a 3T, after the messy 4S landing she should have foregone the 3T.
Nationals: fall on triple axel in SP, 2 quad attempts and landed both.

Looking at the domestically scored Cup Final where Valieva threw literally everything she had, she scored 238 total with 5 ultra elements - 1 triple axel in the SP and in the FS 3 quads and 1 triple axel, her FS segment score was 149 points. Worlds 2021 which was internationally scored Shcherbakova only attempted 1 quad flip (fell on it) and scored 233 total and 152 in the FS.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Well we have seen Trusova struggle to do that many ultra elements in a competition, at the Cup Final across both segments Valieva did 5 ultra elements - she only cleanly landed 2 of them.. Taking a look at the score sheets from the Cup series and Nationals this year - she's struggled to have more than 2 ultra elements
Are you ignoring the Channel 1 Cup on purpose?

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
i've noticed most Russian skaters wear either Edeas or Risports. Currently Kamila, Evgenia and Aliona wear Edea Pianos; Daria, Maiia, Adeliya and Alina wear Edea Ice Flys, and Sasha, Sofia S., Anna and Liza wear Risports. Sofia Akatyeva also wears Edeas although i'm not sure what model.

Risport must be a European skate, i don't know much about them. they aren't common here in the US- the majority here are Edeas and Jacksons with Harlicks sprinkled in.
The founder of Edea is the granddaughter of the founder of Risport. Both Italian brands have a sort of D-shape and higher heel, but Risport can be laced up more snugly at the ankle like a traditional boot.

When I lived in the UK, the cheapest and most popular options were Edea/Risport. North American brands were more expensive (maybe due to import tax?), so people only went for them if their feet didn't work in the Italian brands. Maybe it's the same in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.