2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 599 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I'd say it was a misfortune for Trusova and Kostornaya to run for two competitions in 6 days.
When Scherbakova was out with illness it could contribute badly to the mood of other two.
Or it could be a bad day, two days...

How it occurred I'd say Trusova needed one quad to win provided no fails happened. Would she & Pluschenko dare to attempt 4Lo instead of the usual package, who knows.
But the core of her problem is the 3Ax in SP. There is a force-trick needed here.

There is not a single word from AP, Pluschenko or Trusova after the Gala. I'm wonder if she continues her practices or just took her time to rest or injured/sick?

(Reported: Trusova'd attended some undisclosured medical facility in Moscow last Saturday. Source: FSO)

Last edited:

colormyworld240

Medalist
I'm curious as to why Anna doesn't get full bonuses on her spins since I only remember that they are excellent. Is she travelling on them again or have they regressed in some other way?
I actually think Anna's spins this season are the best and most centred ones she's ever done, she's been consistently improving on her spins each season. She just misses the +4 GOE in her flying camel I think, being around +3. But to be fair, while I love Anna much more, Kamila's spins, especially her flying camel, are better. It's very difficult to keep extremely flexible positions, speed, and centring at the same time. I think spins are so undervalued in the scoring system so I like seeing beautiful ones rewarded here with the bonuses.

McBibus

On the Ice
I actually think Anna's spins this season are the best and most centred ones she's ever done, she's been consistently improving on her spins each season. She just misses the +4 GOE in her flying camel I think, being around +3. But to be fair, while I love Anna much more, Kamila's spins, especially her flying camel, are better. It's very difficult to keep extremely flexible positions, speed, and centring at the same time. I think spins are so undervalued in the scoring system so I like seeing beautiful ones rewarded here with the bonuses.
I go crazy for Kami's spins!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
On a happier note, do we know (couldn't find it and this thread has 600 pages! Pls forgive me if it was posted before) that Sofia Samodurova's FS costume is based on the jumpsuit Scarlett Johansson wore for 2019 San Diego Comic Con?
d27a0196b6c365151dfe7746a20532d2.jpg

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'd say it was a misfortune for Trusova and Kostornaya to run for two competitions in 6 days.
When Scherbakova was out with illness it could contribute badly to the mood of other two.
Or it could be a bad day, two days...

How it occurred I'd say Trusova needed one quad to win provided no fails happened. Would she & Pluschenko dare to attempt 4Lo instead of the usual package, who knows.
But the core of her problem is the 3Ax in SP. There is a force-trick needed here.

There is not a single word from AP, Pluschenko or Trusova after the Gala. I'm wonder if she continues her practices or just took her time to rest or injured/sick?

(Reported: Trusova'd attended some undisclosured medical facility in Moscow last Saturday. Source: FSO)
Trusova needs more than one 4 to win ..

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Well they did know that they needed to go to two cup stages to qualify for nationals. While their might be exceptions now, that was known from the beginning. And they did know they were going to Rostelecom Cup. Now while Anna did become sick, she did choose to compete in the first two cup stages, presumably to allow for time between then and Rostelecom and Nationals. Now while an earlier stage would mean they would meet Anna earlier in the season, no matter what they were going to meet a talented opponent. For example, Kamila is more than capable of beating one or both. I think Alena wasn't ready earlier. That isn't exactly a misfortune..it was planned that way..

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
So, basically she was out because of injury at first and now she's sick? :(
Poor Ksenia.
Will she even compete at Nationals? The article is very vague but doesn't give a lot of hope.
Looks to me that we won't see Sinitsyna at nationals. I can understand if the RusFed would have given her a free pass if she had competetd at Stage Five, but not if they haven't seen her at all this season.

Do we know what kind of sick she is? I remember we saw alarming pictures early in the season where she looked very thin... :(

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Sasha Trusova....
A) Quad Queen
B) Ruined Ladies Skating
C) Career ended by growth spurt at age 17
D) Thief who steals medals from dues-paying skaters.

I vote for A) Quad Queen.
I vote A.

Trusova causes the most contradictory statements, when people both yell for longevity in female skaters despite the obvious physiological impossibility of it AND desperately want Trusova to fail yesterday instead of supporting her potential for a long career.

her talent is obvious and so far proved resilient with age, as well as her promising to be a genetic lottery winner who actually has a credible chance to stay in skating for 5+ years in senior division. She very obviously gains and retains muscular mass well at ultra-low body fat percentage promising steady development through her late teens.

also, in terms of maturity, where Tuktamysheva—with all the love to Tuktamysheva—complains on the SM the moment she gets a score not to her liking, Trusova puts her head down and trains based on contradictory criticism that comes her way. What if she had 3A? What if she had power stroking? Only became more flexible for Bielman? Ouch.

Like, if you want longevity in female skating, Trusova is the best bet atm.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Looks to me that we won't see Sinitsyna at nationals. I can understand if the RusFed would have given her a free pass if she had competetd at Stage Five, but not of they haven't seen her at all this season.

Do we know what kind of sick she is? I remember we saw alarming pictures early in the season where she looked very thin... :(
at this point, it is probably better for her to recover properly and start training for the next season. I love her skating & looking forward to her return.

Magill

Record Breaker
Rostelecom backstage edition:
I must say I really appreciate
1.they mixed it without showing ANY of Sasha falls instead of focusing on them
2. they showed a lot of smiling interactions between Sasha and Alyona
OTOH though, slow motion close ups of girls entering the ice make it look more like it was a ring than a rink :biggrin:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing! I see that (around the 4:25 mark) Sasha has taped the inner part of her hamstring (semimembranosus?), presumably for support and protection, as her leg wasn't strapped in competition.

I do so love seeing the warm-up - it shows how much athleticism and strength training goes into those precious minutes on the ice.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Thank you for sharing! I see that (around the 4:25 mark) Sasha has taped the inner part of her hamstring (semimembranosus?), presumably for support and protection, as her leg wasn't strapped in competition.

I do so love seeing the warm-up - it shows how much athleticism and strength training goes into those precious minutes on the ice.
Also quite early in the video she has her shoulder taped too (you can see it when she's skipping). It looks like kinesio tape though, so probably nothing too serious (sore muscle maybe).

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Loved it!

But what I noticed the most was how thrilled Nugumanova was to be there. Maybe she was a little starstruck with all the big names around her?

And she was sooo happy after her skate, even though she finished 5th. It was so wholsesome and heartwarming.

Last edited:

Novalis

Record Breaker
Looking back at it, the main theme in this year's Rostelecom Cup was a great victory to St. Petersburg. In ladies and, I suppose, overall. The big winners here in ladies were Tuktik, Gulyakova, Nugu and maybe even Kiibus (Tallinn is close to St. Petersburg). But will Moscow bounce back at Nationals? Back with a vengeance? One would expect so.

Suggestion for a competition: I would love to see an olympics style team competition of Moscow vs. St. Petersburg. All 4 disciplines like in the olympics. This spring please! I don't think that there will be that many competitions coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.