Nationals: December 22-26, 2021, Saitama Super Arena, Saitama
Nationals - Synchronized Skating: March 5-6, 2022, Ootsu, Shiga

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
The JSF has posted entries for the Gensan Summer Cup, to be held in Shiga from August 8-12. Here are some notable entries.
Junior Men
Shuntaro Asaga
Shunsuke Nakamura
Kao Miura
Nozomu Yoshioka
Senior Men
Yuma Kagiyama
Yuto Kishina
Kazuki Tomono
Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda
Sena Miyake
Sumitada Moriguchi
Taichiro Yamakuma

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Since I made the note about the skaters' new program debuting at DOI, I'm putting the list here with the men's:

Kao Miura (Jr. men)
SP - Winter (of 'Four seasons' by Vivaldi, already posted in his IG)

Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda
FS - Blues for Klook

Kazuki Tomono
SP - Love theme from New Cinema Paradise (already known)

Sena Miyake
SP - Unchained Melody

Shun Sato
SP - Summer (of 'Four seasons' assuming by Vivaldi)

Keiji Tanaka
SP - Paris (from Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time)

Yuma Kagiyama
SP - When You're Smiling(Michael Bublé)

Yuzuru Hanyu
EX - Masquerade

Weathergal

Medalist
Since I made the note about the skaters' new program debuting at DOI, I'm putting the list here with the men's:

Kao Miura (Jr. men)
SP - Winter (of 'Four seasons' by Vivaldi, already posted in his IG)

Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda
FS - Blues for Klook

Kazuki Tomono
SP - Love theme from New Cinema Paradise (already known)

Sena Miyake
SP - Unchained Melody

Shun Sato
SP - Summer (of 'Four seasons' assuming by Vivaldi)

Keiji Tanaka
SP - Paris (from Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time)

Yuma Kagiyama
SP - When You're Smiling(Michael Bublé)

Yuzuru Hanyu
EX - Masquerade
Thank you for all the info @cohkaix I'm confused about Yuma Kagiyam though. I thought he was keeping his "Vocussion" SP?

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Thank you for all the info @cohkaix I'm confused about Yuma Kagiyam though. I thought he was keeping his "Vocussion" SP?
I did too. He said a few months ago he was keeping Vocussion. Maybe he changed his mind? Yuma confirmed on Twitter it's a new SP, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Country
Israel
I'm really interested to see what Shun Sato is preparing for the next season, and how he will fare in the international competitions. I don't know how he did in nationals, but I think due to his shaky performance in NHK and Yuma's soaring success in worlds he's been forgotten. If he can replicate his sucess at the JGP's with added maturity and artistry he is someone to look for next season. anybody has some news/ rumours about him and his plans for next year?

Weathergal

Medalist
I'm really interested to see what Shun Sato is preparing for the next season, and how he will fare in the international competitions. I don't know how he did in nationals, but I think due to his shaky performance in NHK and Yuma's soaring success in worlds he's been forgotten. If he can replicate his sucess at the JGP's with added maturity and artistry he is someone to look for next season. anybody has some news/ rumours about him and his plans for next year?
Shun Sato came in 5th at last year's Nationals.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
He was injured last season as well, so that is a big part of why he had such a rough season. Plus, the transfer from juniors to seniors is rarely smooth: Andrei Mozalev, for example, has been really struggling as well. I think Shun just needs a bit of time. For this season, he's competing at Skate America and Internationaux de France. While he probably doesn't have a shot at a medal at SkAm because it's a very stacked field, he could pull out one at the IDF if he has two clean skates. (and, interestingly, Mozalev will be there as well) As long as Shun either lands his 4Lz consistently or decides not to try it in competition, as that's what held him back last season, he could definitely go to 4CC and set himself up really nicely on the international stage for the 2022-23 skating season. As far as other competitions for this season, he'll probably go to a Challenger event, and I think he'll have to compete at the Kanto block championship and Eastern sectionals to qualify for nationals this year.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Very quickly the results from Gen-san summer cup 21' (of Aug 11):

Jr. men SP: SP protocol

1. Kao Miura 71.22
2. Nozomu Yoshioka 69.13
3. Seigo Tauchi 60.73

Sr. men SP: SP protocol
1. Kazuki Tomono 88.99
2. Sena Miyake 77.66
3. Yuma Kagiyama 72.41
4. Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda 70.89
5. Kazuki Kushida 70.60

*Currently the FS of Jr. men's is undergoing, which will be followed by (Sr. ladies' FS) and finally Sr. men's FS (as of Aug 12 competition)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Gen-san summer cup 21' - Final day competition

Sr. men's FS - currently undergoing *The following will be updated with the LIVE result*

Final group
12. Sumitada Moriguchi (65.74) 3A2T 4T fall 3Lz 1A1Eu3S 2A 2Lz3T 3F 125.13// 190.87 (FS: Jekyll & Hyde, into 1st)
13. Kazuki Kushida (70.60) 4T(fall) 4T+Rep(fall) 3F 3A<(fall) 3A+Rep(fall) 3Lz+3T 3Lo(step out) 100.68//171.28 (FS: MJ Medley)
14. Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda (70.89) 4T fall 3A fall 3F 2A 3Lz2T 2A3T 3Lz?2T 120.13// 191.02 (FS: Blues for Klook; into 1st)
15. Yuma Kagiyama (72.41) 3Lz 2S? 4T3T 3A1Eu2S 3Lz(3F?)3Lo 2T 3A(turn) 150.14// 222.55 (FS: Gladiato; into 1st; it's reported on twitter that Yuma's costume looks very much like Yagudin's Iron mask one.)
16. Sena Miyake (77.66) 3Lz 4S 3A 4S< (knee down)rep 3Lz3T(hand, turn) 3F 3Lo 137.39// 215.05 (FS: Swan Lake)
17. Kazuki Tomono (88.99) 4T2T 2S 4T fall 2F 3A1Eu2S 3A(step, hand) 3Lz2T 140.50// 229.49 (FS: La La Land) And congratulation to the winner of the 'beef' Cup!!

FS protocol

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Results from Kanto Summer Trophy. It looks like Shun will be trying the 4F in both his short and as the second jumping pass in the free (he did a 3Lo here because he couldn't get enough speed back after falling on his opening jump pass)