2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's FS | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Men's FS

Kittosuni

Medalist
I wouldn't. International judges has always trashed him PCS wise. I think Mozalev has much more potential.

Right now Mozalev's PCS aint better though internationally. He has the potential though.

i just can't see both Mark and Mozalev going to the olympics because one of them will have to do the free for the team event and both have potential to bomb big time.

I'll probably send Mozalev to Euros with Mark and Kolyada and see how he does there.

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some programs

Last edited:

Kittosuni

Medalist
I expect both Mozalev and Semenenko will go to Europeans and either of them who will do better will go to the olympics.

No way they are leaving home their New Champ who has very little international competition on his belt or Kolyada who havent had a great showing this season at home just for Mozalev and Semenko to do a skate off at Euros.

They will probably let Mozalev go to Euros and see how he does there.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If you were to decide, who should take the 3rd spot to Euros and Olympics?

I will still probably go with Semenko and even let him do the free for the team event at the olympics
It's not even for sure that they split the men though. It makes sense schedule wise, but I'm pretty sure they'll split the women and with Nikita's back issues they may want to split dance too. Or they could even choose pairs - they have more time in between than men, but also much stronger medal contenders compared to men.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I didn‘t comment anything until now but Mark WON the whole thing. I literally can‘t believe it! As National Champion, they‘ll have to send him,
right? :yahoo::jump::cheer2:

Funny thing is that he‘s so messy and not the kind of skater I‘d usually enjoy but his energy and commitment/performance just make it all work. Love Kolyada and wouldn‘t have been mad if he‘d won but he has an Olympic spot safe anyway, so I‘m very happy with this result.

Danielian would have been my wish for the third spot but it would have been a long shot anyway and you can‘t have everything. Will be interesting whether they go with Mozalev or Semenenko, though…

Fluture

Record Breaker
i just can't see both Mark and Mozalev going to the olympics because one of them will have to do the free for the team event and both have potential to bomb big time.
I doubt they‘ll split the men‘s when they have so many good pairs (all three who are likely to go are world medalists), women and S/K with injury problems. I think Kolyada will do both SP and FS.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Someone explain to me about voice in Sasha Samarin FS (I asked in a competitive thread, but no one answered me, maybe because there was a quick update). "Don't touch... something". Don't touch what? I don't even know how to Google, because Google offers a lot of things not to touch :laugh:

This verbal insertion sounds so powerful (one might even say satanic), so intriguing - personally, I really like it. But I want to understand what it is, where it comes from?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Happy for Kondratiuk! He brought the house down with that free skate and as National Champion he earned this victory and spot to the Olympic team. Kolyada was solid and I’m glad he reverted back to this program. Mozalev is the one I think with the most potential and he earned his bronze medal. They will most likely send these three to Euros and if Mozalev screws up there, they will probably send Zhenya to Olympics instead.

The question is, what will they do for the team event. Kolyada lost the gold for Russia last time around with a full blown meltdown in the SP. They need someone who can land jumps solidly. If the top team in ICE Dance doesn’t recover in time for the Olympics, I can see USA challenging Russia for gold.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Someone explain to me about voice in Sasha Samarin FS (I asked in a competitive thread, but no one answered me, maybe because there was a quick update). "Don't touch... something". Don't touch what? I don't even know how to Google, because Google offers a lot of things not to touch :laugh:

This verbal insertion sounds so powerful (one might even say satanic), so intriguing - personally, I really like it. But I want to understand what it is, where it comes from?
This is a direct quote from Matrix, when Morpheus explains Neo what Matrix is.

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.​

Neo: What truth?​

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.”​

It’s kind of cool when skaters skate to Matrix, because one of the animated shorts that come before the 3rd movie has an athlete (a sprinter) who breaks out of the Matrix during Summer Olympics, freed by the intensity of his performance. He ends in a wheelchair.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
This is a direct quote from Matrix, when Morpheus explains Neo what Matrix is.

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.​

Neo: What truth?​

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.”​

It’s kind of cool when skaters skate to Matrix, because one of the animated shorts that come before the 3rd movie has an athlete (a sprinter) who breaks out of the Matrix during Summer Olympics, freed by the intensity of his performance. He ends in a wheelchair.
I don't understand. As far as I remember, Morpheus had a different voice. And there is no "don't touch" in your quote. Or is it just my imagination? The voice doesn't say "don't touch ..."? To be honest, it is difficult for me to perceive English speech by ear.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I doт't understand. As far as I remember, Morpheus had a different voice. And there is no "don't touch" in your quote. Or is it just my imagination? The voice doesn't say "don't touch ..."?
In the last sentence he says ‘prison you cannot touch’ I believe it’s this quote.

Country
Norway
What a surprising outcome! And lol to the predictions once again :laugh: But I was kinda expecting it. This prediction was actually the hardest of the season.

Odd as it is that Mark K is the new National champion, I was extremely happy about this outcome. He is so adorable and it was such a nice surprise!

Misha still needs to work on those small stupid mistakes, but I love he got the old FS back! It´s just so wonderful to watch.

I wish Dima would get his confidence back :(

And can Sasha please stop with those scary falls.

RusFed must have the hardest time picking the Olympic Team.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
In the last sentence he says ‘prison you cannot touch’ I believe it’s this quote.
No, I'm sorry, I can't agree. I just overheard it - first of all it definitely says "don't touch me... " and after that, it's like some kind of incomprehensible name... "Yagu"? :) To be honest, I hear something like "don't touch me Yagu" Who is this Yagu? :laugh: And second, come on, it's not voice of Morpheus.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
No, I'm sorry, I can't agree. I just overheard it - first of all it definitely says "don't touch me... " and after that, it's like some kind of incomprehensible name... "Yagu"? :) To be honest, I hear something like "don't touch me Yagu" Who is this Yagu? :laugh: And second, come on, it's not voice of Morpheus.
Do you mean when he just starts his skate? If so, it starts right off the bat with:

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or you turn on your television…​

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Merry Christmas I'm catching up now! Although I have to leave for my grandparents place soon...

Very sad for Sasha S :( although can we agree that voice over is the spirit of his shirts come to life?!

Then Misha and his beautiful White Crow and he managed not to fall! Go Misha, go!

All Misha needs to shine is the light blue shirt back and all will be right with the world.

Poor Alexey, after that beautiful quad loop...

Makar's costume always confused me...he must have had it for a Swan Lake performance right? Although I suppose it does remind me of a piano a bit...and despite the messy jumps he really feels the music. You'll get there Makar!

Right I have to go! I'll be back for the other three, but in closing...

I mean he was basically saying all their programs except Kolyada's sucked during the break. He is being more honest than usual.
I will not stand for this Kirill erasure Ted :p that program totally had choreo and performance. What do you mean I'm biased :p

The random thought I always have about Samarin is that he would make someone a wonderful life partner. He just seems so grounded, humorous and kind. Very off topic here...
I agree! He seems like the sweetest guy who could always cheer you up when you're down. Now I hope someone can cheer him up, he deserves it!

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Do you mean when he just starts his skate? If so, it starts right off the bat with:

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or you turn on your television…​

What?? What are you talking about?

That's it! I went to look for the video and set the second-by-second indication of the moment

here, this moment

Maybe he says "Don't touch the Yagu" :laugh: