2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Can Artemeva/Nazarychev still compete on Junior worlds while being on the senior national team? Or as they won't compete at Junior nationals they won't be able to "qualify"?
They can and I think they should, they have chance to win junior worlds while they probably won't qualify for Europeans/worlds/olympics, but they will surely have to go to junior nationals before.

hanca

Record Breaker
I've already put the info from the addentum on the front page before, but with no confirmation whether those two are intended to create a pair I did not put them together.
Well, Sobinina missed the whole season, while searching for a partner, so the only reason why she would be included on the list is if she is paired up with someone good enough to pass on to her the status. And there is no one else on the list unattached. I think her being on the list, and listed with the same coaches as Bakhmat is pretty much a confirmation.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
It sounds like Zhulin has staged the SP for Tarasova / Morozov.
I hope it goes really well for them :pray: (no music info yet)

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
And Moser confirmed another new pair of Anastasia Kostyuk / Dmitri Chigirev:
https://rsport.ria.ru/amp/20210601/figurka-1735127118.html

Kseniia's partner is called Valerii Kolesov.

I wasn't expecting Liza to move into pairs, I hope she can achieve her dreams. It sounds like it was more of a suggestion from the coaches for her to change disciplines.
I still can't believe it's actually happening! Also very interesting the thing they said about Ekaterina Geynish (now confirmed in a new pair with Mironov) This is really surreal, she had a nice thing going in singles. And while there are success stories, for every Tarasova, Kadyrova, and Marchei, there are of course many like Proklova, Antipova, and Vasilieva. I hope Liza will be able to reach success, though I am a little bit salty about the splitting of Kostiuk/Rud, who I thought were an elegant pair together

hanca

Record Breaker
I still can't believe it's actually happening! Also very interesting the thing they said about Ekaterina Geynish (now confirmed in a new pair with Mironov) This is really surreal, she had a nice thing going in singles. And while there are success stories, for every Tarasova, Kadyrova, and Marchei, there are of course many like Proklova, Antipova, and Vasilieva. I hope Liza will be able to reach success, though I am a little bit salty about the splitting of Kostiuk/Rud, who I thought were an elegant pair together
I don’t think it is right to add Vasilieva to the list of the cases that didn’t work out. At this stage we don’t know what her plans are. Maybe she will suddenly turn up in a new partnership. I know there was a gossip that she plans to return to singles, but there was also a gossip that Sobinina has to retire from health reasons. And suddenly she turns up healthy a year later.
Saying that, Proklova and Vasilieva have something in common. They both switched to pairs because they were injured in singles and thought in pairs it will be more gentle on their body because there is less jumps. Somehow they didn’t consider the impact of throw jumps on their body. So that made the likelihood of their switch to work quite small. It is a bit like when injured Pitkeev switched to ice dance so that he doesn’t have to jump. He clearly didn’t consider that with bad back he will be suddenly lifting his partner…

LadyB

Record Breaker
She's been doing pairs for at least the past two seasons with Andrey Sachkov. She was a lovely Pink Panther. (y)

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
She's been doing pairs for at least the past two seasons with Andrey Sachkov. She was a lovely Pink Panther. (y)
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to Osokina having a nice thing going in singles. Geynish's jumps are too inconsistent to be of any good in singles

Decoder

On the Ice
I was wondering why I didn't see Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov in Novogorsk. They will be there anyway.
According to Trankov:

“Now we are in Sochi for a team training camp. There are not only Vova and Zhenya, but also Perm couples and the group of Tamara Nikolaevna Moskvina. The whole team. We will return to Moscow on June 12 and from Monday we will go to Novogorsk to the team of Eteri Georgievna."

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was wondering why I didn't see Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov in Novogorsk. They will be there anyway.
According to Trankov:

“Now we are in Sochi for a team training camp. There are not only Vova and Zhenya, but also Perm couples and the group of Tamara Nikolaevna Moskvina. The whole team. We will return to Moscow on June 12 and from Monday we will go to Novogorsk to the team of Eteri Georgievna."
I've just recently put this into their FF:

I presume it makes sense to do summer preparation with Trankov and adding trainings with Eteri's team during the season.

Decoder

On the Ice
I've just recently put this into their FF:

I presume it makes sense to do summer preparation with Trankov and adding trainings with Eteri's team during the season.

Haha, thanks for reminding me there is also a FF for TM - one more thread for me to visit!

hanca

Record Breaker
I am really curious about seeing Labazina/Sviatchenko. He had a pretty good last season, but his partner was a bit too tall for him, so I want to see what he could do with a smaller partner. Labazina was a pretty decent partner about two years ago, but then haven’t been seen for a while, so it is a big unknown.

FelineFairy

On the Ice
Tamara Nikolayevna Moskvina has been awarded another order. It is her fourth. Two in the USSR: the Order of the Red Banner of Labour in 1984 and the Order of Friendship of Peoples in 1988. Two in Russia: the Order for Merit to the Fatherland 3 class in 1998 and the Order for Merit to the Fatherland 2 class on June 5th, 2021. I sincerely hope that 1 class is waiting for her after the coming Olympics.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
A brief report from Moskvina school training camp. The programmes for B/K are ready, the music is not announced yet, for M/G are still being made. Original here
I have a feeling that there will be something classical and grand for B/K and something upbeat and modern for M/G. The real question: is Sasha going to be wearing a backless dress and are M/G going to be in red/black again?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I have a feeling that there will be something classical and grand for B/K and something upbeat and modern for M/G. The real question: is Sasha going to be wearing a backless dress and are M/G going to be in red/black again?
They love red. I'm not sure they're going to change, but it's seems like it would be time to branch out a bit.

LadyB

Record Breaker

Wowza!!! Ksenia and Nikolay Morozov helping out Team Moskvina! That's fab news. I know that Dima Kozlovskii admires her.
Interesting to see how she gets on with ex-partner Minchuk. Legend has it that she slapped him once when they were teenagers. :p