2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Amei

Record Breaker
As far as I am aware, Anastasia herself hasn't made any statement yet. However, there is this article which cites a member of her "entourage" claiming that she made the decision to end her career due to health reasons. We should probably take it with a grain of salt, but all the signs point towards retirement.

This wouldn't be her first retirement/quitting, the first time was when she left Eteri but she changed her mind later

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
As far as I am aware, Anastasia herself hasn't made any statement yet. However, there is this article which cites a member of her "entourage" claiming that she made the decision to end her career due to health reasons. We should probably take it with a grain of salt, but all the signs point towards retirement.
She had a go fund me page to try to get financial support to carry on but whatever the reasons it's so sad , she was such a big expansive skater . I loved her. Even this past season her program's were unique. I shall miss her. Another young talent lost early. Such is the depth in Russia.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Zakharova was 4th in Cup Final, so it doesn't surprise me that she is considered. Alternate list is more interesting to me.
Yes! Alternate list is basically a list of skaters for JGP circuit.
As I predicted, Rusfed considered Zhilina, despite her rather unfortunate performances last season. A wise decision from Rusfed.

Should be an easy win for Sofia!

Novalis

Record Breaker
As I predicted, Rusfed considered Zhilina, despite her rather unfortunate performances last season. A wise decision from Rusfed.

In the alternatives there are no Team Tutberidze girls at all. How come?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I understand why Sofia Akatieva and Adeliya Petrosian are not on the list as they are obviously not intended to meet Sofia Samodelkina. Each of those three will surely get her own two spots without meeting each other to maximize their chances for the JGPF (and possibly full russian JGPF).

On the other hand, a thing, that is rather confusing for me, is that I do not see Daria Sadkova on the list of subs. That can mean she also gets a chance at least at one event to be without the presence of any skater of the strongest trio, but it can also mean they do not count with her, which would be weird as she's the member of the national team.

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I think Adelia and Sofia are already planned to be assigned to other events, thus Rusfed did not include them here. With Daria I would assume it’s still very much up in the air. She needs a 3A to have a stronger claim to JGP spot. Alternatively, she might get one of last jgps, if someone withdraws or doesn’t do well on their JGP.

btw, wonder how Agneta Latushkina is doing. I hope she managed to find a coach, or a team, which would help support her move to Moscow or StPetersburg. Would be great to see her on JGP too!

Novalis

Record Breaker
I think Adelia and Sofia are already planned to be assigned to other events, thus Rusfed did not include them here. With Daria I would assume it’s still very much up in the air. She needs a 3A to have a stronger claim to JGP spot. Alternatively, she might get one of last jgps, if someone withdraws or doesn’t do well on their JGP.

btw, wonder how Agneta Latushkina is doing. I hope she managed to find a coach, or a team, which would help support her move to Moscow or StPetersburg. Would be great to see her on JGP too!
Yes, been also hoping for Sviridenko, but there's just so many names 😐

katymay

Medalist

I hope so! This seems to be a list of all the non Eteri juniors, but nice to see Alina, Maria and Veronika. I hope this means they will get a chance down the road!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW I'm so glad the list is out, it's as if the int. season has already started.

happy-emoji-isolated-on-white-background-emoticon-with-raised-hands-picture-id868644330

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker

Daria ranked a head of lots of the girls that are on that sub list in novice nationals. Daria took bronze while Zinina took 4th place, Ulyana took 6th and Kulikova took 7th, so im really shocked that Daria isnt on that list.

macy

Record Breaker
who do you think will likely retire after this season? i'm not sure if Liza has said for sure she will retire, but i'd be very surprised if she didn't. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see any of Samodurova, Guliakova or Nugumanova go either.

As for Eteri's girls, if one of them wins gold there is always a chance she will bow out after winning the top prize in the sport, but none of them will have been a senior for very long at this point, even 3A. i want all of them to stay, i don't think any of them have maxed out their potential yet and it would be wonderful to see at least a couple more years from any of them.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
She had a go fund me page to try to get financial support to carry on but whatever the reasons it's so sad , she was such a big expansive skater . I loved her. Even this past season her program's were unique. I shall miss her. Another young talent lost early. Such is the depth in Russia.
Such is the mismanagement of young skaters more like.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't know if it's been posted but Davydov's team have been doing off ice quads and 3A (incl. 4T-4T 😱) and Frolova is among them. How do people think she'd rank if she had a 3A or 4T?
I love Frolova and if she has a 3A and/or 4T, I think she will do great on the junior grand prix.
And it will make her competitive with seniors , so maybe as high as top 5.
I put her on my Olympic dream team. :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Zakharova! Yes! I was hoping she would get a spot. She earned that spot with her 4th place at Russian Cup. I can wait to see her compete. I’m hoping she can come in 2nd place. It is going to be super competitive getting a 2nd spot in the Junior Circuit for the Russian girls.