2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 138 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Anya00

Rinkside
I think maybe they’re just focusing on her clean SP for the moment.
I think this is definitely the case - her problem is mostly the 3A because the quads have all at least been landed in competition at least once (albeit not all at the same one)

Last edited:

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Why does Adeliia keep getting levels docked on her Stsq and spins?
For the second consecutive competition, I am asking the same answer and I do not find an answer. Adelya is my favorite, and maybe I'm biased, but I have a suspicion that she is deliberately underestimated in order to reduce competition in the final and give a chance to squeeze in not only Russian figure skaters.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
lol, I actually commented this prior to there even being news of her participation on Russian Cup Stage:

I think maybe they’re just focusing on her clean SP for the moment.
Great call!!! I like the idea of her doing as many SPs possible. But with her LP layout, she might as well compete the LP too. She needs to make it routine and nothing unusual to casually go out and skate a 5 quad with 3ax LP.

Azikin

Medalist
For the second consecutive competition, I am asking the same answer and I do not find an answer. Adelya is my favorite, and maybe I'm biased, but I have a suspicion that she is deliberately underestimated in order to reduce competition in the final and give a chance to squeeze in not only Russian figure skaters.
Hmm, I don't know, she got a pretty good score here, free will decide that anyway..

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Why does Adeliia keep getting levels docked on her Stsq and spins?

On the combination spin i noticed the entrance is not great, could be considered as lack of balance, she got level 4 for that here while it was 3 at the previous jgp (could be also missing rotation in one variations) while in the layback she probably didn't keep one of the variations steady.

Like the speed might be the best but it isn't kept throughout, in the biellmann variation particularly she loses momentum. It happened last year at Junior Nationals in the SP btw.

As for the stsq clearly judges want to see some movement or more turns she isn't doing, cause it is consistently called level 3 and i believe it was like that in Russia too last season. Again could be also losing level due to lack of balance in some movement, but because it is consistently called level 3 it makes me believe she is missing something.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It says she got 1st over Samodelkina who presumably landed 3A combo (judging from the title), so couldn’t have been docked all that much.
Sofia unfortunately only managed to add 2T to her 3A, because of the turn out on the landing. So she did a 3-2 combo with negative goe, instead of planned 3-3. That’s why her score is lower.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Hmm, I don't know, she got a pretty good score here...
No, it's not.
She is an amazing spinner, and she is already having her levels lowered for the second competition, for unclear reasons.

Look at the levels of the her StSq. Maybe it was a strict technical team? This competition, the judges arranged a feast of generosity, handing out the fourth levels of the StSq as Oprah gifts - four (!) StSq4 were given. For the past four stages, the total number of StSq4 in SP is 6, there were no more than two at one stage (for example, Muravieva and Kim in a Kosice). In Krasnoyarsk, where, among others, there were five wonderful Russian figure skaters, there was only one StSq4 - Akatyeva's. It is obvious to me that there was a friendly technical team here in this regard. And among the real contenders for the victory (the first four), everyone received StSq4 except Adelya. Skater who has an amazing skating skill, skater whose coach is obsessed with choreography. Adelia, who is an amazing spinner, and for the second competition in a row, gets a level reduction for an unknown reason.

Am I happy with this? No. I believe that there is a deliberate underestimation of Adele, deliberately strict judging compared to others. The reason is simple - too many Russians.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think this is definitely the case - her problem is mostly the 3A because the quads have all at least been landed in competition at least once (albeit not all at the same one)
It doesn't look like the 3A will be a reliable enough jump for the SP. She really doesn't need it with her LP content, but it does put more pressure on her to deliver the 5 quads she plans. Someone like Kamila doing a 3A in the SP and a three quad LP (or even one with two 4T and two 3A) is going to give Sasha little room for error.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Little diversion. As the skaters of the russian origin representing other countries are discussed in the RLT (I know it's actually RWT now) from time to time, and european ladies don't have their thread for this season, I'll put it here. I've just watched Nebelhorn performances of Viktoriia Safonova:

and Anastasia Shabotova:

Speaking of Safonova, I can't help but she reminded me Anastasia Tarakanova strongly in that skate.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Sofia unfortunately only managed to add 2T to her 3A, because of the turn out on the landing. So she did a 3-2 combo with negative goe, instead of planned 3-3. That’s why her score is lower.
That’s unfortunate. I haven’t seen it yet, mom’s flying in tonight to watch all the competitions together

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No, it's not.
She is an amazing spinner, and she is already having her levels lowered for the second competition, for unclear reasons.

Look at the levels of the her StSq. Maybe it was a strict technical team? This competition, the judges arranged a feast of generosity, handing out the fourth levels of the StSq as Oprah gifts - four (!) StSq4 were given. For the past four stages, the total number of StSq4 in SP is 6, there were no more than two at one stage (for example, Muravieva and Kim in a Kosice). In Krasnoyarsk, where, among others, there were five wonderful Russian figure skaters, there was only one StSq4 - Akatyeva's. It is obvious to me that there was a friendly technical team here in this regard. And among the real contenders for the victory (the first four), everyone received StSq4 except Adelya. Skater who has an amazing skating skill, skater whose coach is obsessed with choreography. Adelia, who is an amazing spinner, and for the second competition in a row, gets a level reduction for an unknown reason.

Am I happy with this? No. I believe that there is a deliberate underestimation of Adele, deliberately strict judging compared to others. The reason is simple - too many Russians.
Adelia got a level 3 step sequence at every major competition in Russia last season, in both the SP and FS. Both Russian Cup events she did, Junior Nationals and the Junior Russian Cup Final. So no, there's nothing weird about her getting level 3s steps.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Adelia got a level 3 step sequence at every major competition in Russia last season, in both the SP and FS. Both Russian Cup events she did, Junior Nationals and the Junior Russian Cup Final. So no, there's nothing weird about her getting level 3s steps.
Unconvincing. As a rule, sequences are evaluated quite strictly at Russian junior competitions. For example, at Junior Russian Cup Final in SP none of the girls had a StSq4, and Adelya had StSq3 as Akatieva and Samodelkina.

macy

Record Breaker
On the combination spin i noticed the entrance is not great, could be considered as lack of balance, she got level 4 for that here while it was 3 at the previous jgp (could be also missing rotation in one variations) while in the layback she probably didn't keep one of the variations steady.

Like the speed might be the best but it isn't kept throughout, in the biellmann variation particularly she loses momentum. It happened last year at Junior Nationals in the SP btw.

As for the stsq clearly judges want to see some movement or more turns she isn't doing, cause it is consistently called level 3 and i believe it was like that in Russia too last season. Again could be also losing level due to lack of balance in some movement, but because it is consistently called level 3 it makes me believe she is missing something.
looks like she only lost levels on the step sequence and layback. i have no idea how footwork is scored but i could tell she didn't hold her beillman long enough to earn a level 4.