2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 345 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Yes, PCS aside, I really think that Adeliia lost it with the 4Lo's. She got 7.63 after deduction for those two elements, while Sofia M got 18.56 for her two 3A's. There's the 10 points difference Adeliia needed. Going for the same ultra-c element twice is always super risky. If you fail, it makes the second jump more or less worthless with the +REP.
Can't you use it as your repeating jump?

As in you did two single 4Ls

Or do the rules say one of those need to be in combo? Ie you can't jump two single 3lz/3f etc etc

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
By the way, for anyone wondering - Adeliia lost more on her 4Lo fall than Sofia M. lost due to having no combination in the Short. (Taking the highest score for the 3Lz+3Tx for Sofia M. and the score for the 4Lo at Russian Nationals: Sofia M. lost 9.00 points, Adeliia lost 12.37 points (13.37 with the one point deduction for the fall) 💔)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yes, PCS aside, I really think that Adeliia lost it with the 4Lo's. She got 7.63 after deduction for those two elements, while Sofia M got 18.56 for her two 3A's. There's the 10 points difference Adeliia needed. Going for the same ultra-c element twice is always super risky. If you fail, it makes the second jump more or less worthless with the +REP.
I won't put PCS aside because that was the basic of the problem. In the SP Muravieva had like 4th worst TES but 2nd best PCS. There were only three skaters in the SP who had higher PCS than TES. The last girl Sofia Zakharova, and then Zinina, Muravieva. With Zakharova and Zinina the difference wasn't huge but Sofia M. received insanely high PCS for the SP, two points higher than clean Adeliia and only 0.11 point lower than Sofia Akateva.

With the fall and a step-out in the FS they gave her higher PCS than to Sofia Akateva, who while not being perfect did not fell and whose skating quality is much higher. Muravieva had many scores over 9, which means "excellent". Nope. She even received three points higher PCS score for a worse skate at the junior competition than she received with better skate at the senior competition. They really keep her alive via PCS very often, just like they did at the 5th stage of the cup with her complete disaster skate, while they keep givning fast and striking Adeliia PCS the skaters a level lower receive.

As for the TES in the SP Adeliia had 6 points higher TES, in the FS Muravieva had 6 points higher TES. BTW the ded for Muravieva's second 3A was ridiculously low, only -1.14, again I've noticed it several times already, how reluctant the judges are when they have to value her mistakes with a negative GOE (again at the 5th stage of the cup it was the same), it is more visible in comparison with how the step-out of Adeliia was evaluated (-2 to -4, Sofia M. even received a +1 and a 0 for her second 3A :biggrin:), so in total it was about the same.

Therefore PCS is what makes the difference and what raises the very strong question here.

Last edited:

Decoder

On the Ice
Out of the mouths of babes comes the truth! (and she may not know that the truth is sometimes better left unsaid...)
I did not find the first interview controversial. It was rather funny and honest, and I am pretty sure the other two juniors had had similar unmentionable thoughts.
In fact, I rather found it very sad, with a wonderful 14yo skater spending hours and hours practising every day but fully aware that in 2026 she will be nothing but an elderly (I mean 18yo) former skater with a body damaged by jumps (if I remember correctly the interview). It is just depressing, not so much as a figure skating fan (after one skater comes another skater), but because that's not exactly what I would expect from a 14yo girl.
OG will most certainly not be postponed. But hopefully she will be the shining star in 2026!
As for today's interview, once again a funny one... provided that she does not intend to join another team!

Yes she's definitely telling what she truly felt. But that does not mean it is appropriate to say it in public. It is also not wrong to not always tell one's true feeling in public. There is a word called courtesy.

Yes it is sad that only few can come out of the deep field with certain degree of success. This is the brutal reality in Russia. There are many whom we never heard of. I can feel the pain and frustration of those girls and their parents.

One thing that was mentioned in the interview was that they made fun of the conflicts between the other two teams, and I was thinking: wow, I hope Elizaveta Berestovskaia was not around during those times.

The girls are in the rinks almost every day and they grow in those environments. They follow their coaches and parents. They see and hear everything.

By the way, there is also an interview from Sofia Akatieva and one from Adelia Petrosyan. They talk about themselves, their mistakes and the will to correct them. I like these interviews more.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I won't put PCS aside because that was the basic of the problem. In the SP Muraviecva had like 4th worst TES but 2nd best PCS. There were only three skaters in the SP who had higher PCS than TES. The last girl Sofia Zakharova, and then Zinina, Muraviea. With Zakharova and Zinina the difference wasn't huge but Sofia M. received insanely high PCS for the SP, two points higher than clean Adeliia and only 0.11 point lower than Sofia Akateva.
With the fall and a step-out in the FS they gave her higher PCS than to Sofia Akateva, who while not being perfect did not fell and whose skating quality is much higher. Muravieva had many scores over 9, which means "excellent". Nope. She even received three points higher PCS score for a worse skate at the junior competition than she received with better skate at the senior competition. They really keep her alive via PCS very often, just like they did at the 5th stage of the cup with her complete disaster skate, while they keep givning fast and striking Adeliia PCS the skaters a level lower receive.
As for the TES in the SP Adeliia had 6 points higher TES, in the FS Muravieva had 6 points higher TES. BTW the ded for the second 3A was ridiculously low, only -1.14, again I've noticed it several times already, how reluctant the judges are when they have to value her mistakes with a negative GOE, it is more visible in comparison with how the step-out of Adeliia was evaluated (-2 to -4, Sofia even received a plus score and a 0 for her second 3A :biggrin:), so in total it was about the same.
Therefore PCS is what makes the difference and what raises the very strong question here.
So let's start with the Short: Sofia M.'s mistake has no immediate bearing on her PCS as per the ISU's rules on PCS caps. ("Serious errors are falls, interruptions during the program and technical mistakes that impact the
integrity/continuity/fluidity of the composition and/or its relation to the music.") Personally, I would say that in terms of skating skills, transitions, composition, performance and interpretation there was no significant difference to her usual standard, so why should she receive a lower score? PCS and TES are separate scores for a reason and there are few situations in which they should - and do - influence each other.
Adeliia actually was down 10.53 points in TES in the Free and Muravieva only 5.97 in the Short - she didn't need the higher PCS, even if we gave her 3A the same deduction as Adeliia's 4Lo (her score would only decrease by 1.26), she would still be up 3.30 and the Russian Federation has not chosen someone else but 3rd highest placed eligible skater at Russian Junior Nationals for Junior Worlds in a very long time (if they have ever done so), even in situations when only 0.35 points separated the two skaters in question (Stanislava Konstantinova and Anastasia Gubanova at Junior Nationals 2018).
By the way, based on the criteria the ISU sets for each PCS category, Sofia M. still deserves higher PCS than Adeliia, even if they might have been too high today.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I am not sure about Sofya Samodelkina doing interviews. I remember recently she said something controversial (about hoping the Olympics being postponed, etc.). Now she is doing another interview, talking about how they make fun of the conflicts between Eteri ream and Plushenko team. Here (again) is a cut-n-paste from here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figure skater Sofya Samodelkina commented on her performance in a free program at the Russian Championship among juniors in Saransk.

“I don't know what happened today. In addition, Lutz was normal, she performed it relatively evenly. Twisted, good landing. It happens that you fly - and in your head you already understand whether it will work out or not. And with the salchow, I didn’t succeed in pushing, under-rotating by half a turn, there were no options.

She refused the Rittberger even before the rental, after the morning workout. I didn’t knead it, we decided to go only to Lutz and Salchow. We looked at the state, Sergey Dmitrievich (Davydov) calculated everything by points.

Each jump, if you know how to do it, jump comfortably. Do it technically and every jump will be easy. For me, it’s easier and more varied, there is no risk of going for a repeat.

At the junior world, I will definitely try to make a quadruple loop to make it the first one and it will be counted. I really want to become the first in the world, I will try.

But we will all watch immediately before the rental, and today I wanted to jump three quads. But I got up on the wrong foot, woke up the wrong way, and the program was simplified.

I look from the sidelines at the confrontation between Plushenko and Tutberidze, but I am for the Davydov team. For CSKA! We do not conflict with anyone, it happens, we listen to these scandals from the outside and make fun of them.

I’m not offended that I’m past these showdowns, while others are arguing, we’re paving our way, ”said Samodelkina.
No not again SS! Hopefully she has stopped praying for the Olympics to be canceled.
This interview wasn't as bad but its a little strange with her talking about how they laugh at the Plushenko versus TT controversies. Except TT is not involved in it it's all one way.

Sofia is fantastic and has a very big upside but she's hit-and-miss on the ice like petro, Nika etc.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wow, Junior Nationals was a stressful competition. And not a great one either, it seems… Anyway, some thoughts:

1. Akatieva: She‘s incredible. It‘s no secret that I love skaters with good skating skills and she has them. Loved the SP StSq - smooth, fast, with great edge control. She also has very nice posture and light jumps and is overall pleasant to watch. Certainly a star in the making! Personally, I cannot fully connect to her skating yet because she‘s not naturally expressive but I hope it will come with time. Congrats on the second title!

2. Samodelkina: I‘m warming up to her. I used to severely dislike her skating due to her posture issues but I feel like they‘ve improved over time. She, contrary to Akatieva, is naturally expressive but her movements are less controlled and she can get a bit messy - especially on the jump landings. She’s also very prone to URs and doesn’t get a lot of height, which makes her quads visually unimpressive. I‘m hoping for better programs next year because that Carmen FS is absolutely atrocious. Still, she did a great job and I‘m happy she finally got that Junior Nationals medal.

3. Muravieva: I was wondering what was up with her and then I read that she was sick before Nationals and only trained for three days. Wow, huge respect to pull off skates like these under such circumstances although I have to question Plushenko‘s decisions here. Why would you include the 3A+3T in the SP if she‘s never landed it before, hasn‘t been training much and it‘s not worth it overall for juniors?! Just nonsensical. I also hope she‘s been tested and is negative, I don‘t want an outbreak among the skaters heading to Junior Worlds.

Now that my anger at Plushenko‘s fully expressed lol, some words on her skating itself. The 3As are improving and I feel like it‘s worth noting that she didn‘t fall on any of them here, although the step outs aren‘t ideal of course. She also has very smooth skating, with precise edges. She tends to be somewhat frantic in her arm movements when nervous (something that made me dislike her skating before) but it‘s gotten better this season. I do think she should have been second in PCS to Akatieva due to the fall but the difference wasn‘t as egregious as some make it seem. Especially in the SP where she had a step-out, not a fall. Her skating skills, speed, transitions and performance qualities have to count for something after all.

4. Dvoeglazova: To be honest, I never heard of her and don‘t remember much either. She seems to be very young and for her age, those were some very impressive technical skills. But in terms of performance, there wasn‘t much there.

5. Adelia: Hm, it made me a bit sad to see her so low here but the gamble with the 4Los didn‘t pay off today. The fall on the second one (which was << AND a rep) really killed her score. I do think she should have gotten a bit higher in PCS, although her program this season is much weaker compared to last year's and doesn‘t show off her best qualities at all.

Apart from the top 5, I also liked Kulikova and Gorbacheva a lot, hope they get JGPs next season!

Now, Zhilina and Zinina. God, what happened there? Zhilina‘s falls looked scary. Hasn‘t she just been injured, too? Her placement here could really hurt her in terms of JGP assignments next season. She also reminds me of Trusova a lot (even done to the brown boots!) - insane technical content cleanly executed in practice but rarely if ever in competition. Zinina just makes me sad, I wonder what‘s going on, she looked so promising early this season. Seeing her cry is so heartbreaking…

Two questions left to be answered:

1. Junior Worlds assignments: Personally, I‘m hoping the three Sofias will get to go to Sofia because that‘s just something you can‘t make up. :laugh: Hope there won‘t be a skate-off between Adelia and Sofia M - the latter has won in three of their four outings after all (JGP, Russian Cup stage, Junior Nationals)…

2. Senior GPs for next year:

Samodelkina, Muravieva and Petrosyan will all be senior eligible and I think they should get GPs. Out of the current seniors, I can definitely see Sinitsyna and Samodurova being dropped and I think Usacheva and Khromykh aren‘t in a great position either, especially Usacheva. The three juniors beat Maiia at Nationals but she still has the higher SB. Daria has none of that. I wonder what they‘ll do here, although it‘s guaranteed to be a heartbreak one way or another…
Not sure about the GP assignments. If no one retires and come back healthy it will be tough for these girls to get them. Definitely KS and senior Sofia S wont get GPs. It's time to turn the page to more promising skaters and the 3 you named all have ultra jumps.

You mentioned a potential skate off and I thought of the same thing earlier and people did not like that. Maybe the feds will put their heads together maybe they let will like the 3 Sofias. But having SM at junior worlds kind of saved plushy a little bit because other than SM hes had a tough year. I guess I expect Veronika to have one bad program at a competition but she hasn't skated in 4 months so who knows. Zinina? OMG. So sad. I hope they are not force feeding her these ultra jumps before she is ready. If she's had a season where she's grown 6 or 8 cm that could throw everything off and she looks long.

Right now we need to see if any of the active senior ladies will retire in the off season. It's going to make it a really tight squeeze for cheap GPs and challengers.

Amei

Record Breaker
No not again SS! Hopefully she has stopped praying for the Olympics to be canceled.
This interview wasn't as bad but its a little strange with her talking about how they laugh at the Plushenko versus TT controversies. Except TT is not involved in it it's all one way.

Sofia is fantastic and has a very big upside but she's hit-and-miss on the ice like petro, Nika etc.

She's a good skater, but IMO they really need to get that girl some media training (a lot of coaches need to go as well).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So let's start with the Short: Sofia M.'s mistake has no immediate bearing on her PCS as per the ISU's rules on PCS caps. ("Serious errors are falls, interruptions during the program and technical mistakes that impact the integrity/continuity/fluidity of the composition and/or its relation to the music.") Personally, I would say that in terms of skating skills, transitions, composition, performance and interpretation there was no significant difference to her usual standard, so why should she receive a lower score? PCS and TES are separate scores for a reason and there are few situations in which they should - and do - influence each other.
OK. She did not have "a serious error" (while losing the whole jump in the combo could be called a serious error IMO, it definitely disrupted the relation to the music, she was delayed and had to chase the music accents for the whole rest of the program), but Adeliia had no error at all. If you doubt whether Sofia's error had the impact on her program I'm asking why Adeliia was scored as if something actually had an impact on her program. Adeliia's 32 vs. Sofia's 34 - again, practically the same as absolutely perfect Sofia A., which Muravieva's skate was not even in a dream - gives no sense. That's a crystal clear case of overscoring a skater.

Adeliia actually was down 10.53 points in TES in the Free and Muravieva only 5.97 in the Short - she didn't need the higher PCS, even if we gave her 3A the same deduction as Adeliia's 4Lo (her score would only decrease by 1.26), she would still be up 3.30 and the Russian Federation has not chosen someone else but 3rd highest placed eligible skater at Russian Junior Nationals for Junior Worlds in a very long time (if they have ever done so), even in situations when only 0.35 points separated the two skaters in question (Stanislava Konstantinova and Anastasia Gubanova at Junior Nationals 2018).
Unless mathematics changed since I'm off the school, Sofia M.'s TES 73.83 is only 5.53 point higher than Adeliia's 68.30. Definitely not 10.53. When we count TES from the SP and FS of both skaters, it gives 107.99 for Adeliia and 107.55 for Sofia M. (with the judges surprisingly benevolent to Sofia's technical errors, there should have beed a a difference of about two points in Adeliia's advance), so again, my previous point is right, it all went to PCS by which Sofia M. was kept in the second position in the free. It is obvious not only in comparison with Adeliia, but also with "self-made" Sofia and again with Sofia Akateva, who, definitely without a "serious error" received even lower PCS than Sofia M. with a serious error.

By the way, based on the criteria the ISU sets for each PCS category, Sofia M. still deserves higher PCS than Adeliia, even if they might have been too high today.
That's an unproven statement, not a fact, and all the facts show the other way around. For me personally Sofia M. appears to be the judges sweetheat for an unknown reason and for a long time, it's definitely not a matter of just this one single competition. Though this competition made me to speak openkly about it because it has grown into the size which is no longer negligible and effectively damages other skaters.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Anyway, scoring apart, Akataieva is enchanting.
I keep wondering if she actually leave tracks on the ice or just moves 1 mm above it.
I wonder what people who used to stress that Gracie was "a queen of skating skills" while Eteri's skaters are just "jumping robots" are going to say now.

My hope is that the argument of "skating skills" won't be used anymore by those who look at each Russian skater's performance with a magnifying glass. I see 0 issues with Kamila's skating skills if we compare her with any current non-Russian skater, yes, yes even with WAKABA! But Akatyeva is one step ahead. Her edges are as deep as those of the top dance skaters. Just wow!

Magill

Record Breaker
OK. She did not have "a serious error" (while losing the whole jump in the combo could be called a serious error IMO, it definitely disrupted the relation to the music, she was delayed and had to chase the music accents for the whole rest of the program), but Adeliia had no error at all. If you doubt whether Sofia's error had the impact on her program I'm asking why Adeliia was scored as if something actually had an impact on her program. Adeliia's 32 vs. Sofia's 34 - again, practically the same as absolutely perfect Sofia A., which Muravieva's skate was not even in a dream - gives no sense. That's a crystal clear case of overscoring a skater.

Unless mathematics changed since I'm off the school, Sofia M.'s TES 73.83 is only 5.53 point higher than Adeliia's 68.30. Definitely not 10.53. When we count TES from the SP and FS of both skaters, it gives 107.99 for Adeliia and 107.55 for Sofia M. (with the judges surprisingly benevolent to Sofia's technical errors, there should have beed a a difference of about two points in Adeliia's advance), so again, my previous point is right, it all went to PCS by which Sofia M. was kept in the second position in the free. It is obvious not only in comparison with Adeliia, but also with "self-made" Sofia and again with Sofia Akateva, who, definitely without a "serious error" received even lower PCS than Sofia M. with a serious error.

That's an unproven statement, not a fact, and all the facts show the other way around. For me personally Sofia M. appears to be the judges sweetheat for an unknown reason and for a long time, it's definitely not a matter of just this one single competition. Though this competition made me to speak openkly about it because it has grown into the size which is no longer negligible and effectively damages other skaters.
Oh, come on, we all know that judges have their favourites. The only difference here is that this time their fave is different than yours. Just own it up and live through it !:coffee:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
I wonder what people who used to stress that Gracie was "a queen of skating skills" while Eteri's skaters are just "jumping robots" are going to say now.
since they can't say anything about actual TES or SS, they already have a new "методичка"/manual on that: "XYZ doesn't move me with her skating as ABC does, therefore ABC deserves higher PCS" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Oh, come on, we all know that judges have their favourites. The only difference here is that this time their fave is different than yours. Just own it up and live through it !:coffee:
I'm sure you can provide examples when three judges broke the rules and gave positive GOE's for a failed element to flanker's "faves" as they did with Muravyova

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Unless mathematics changed since I'm off the school, Sofia M.'s TES 73.83 is only 5.53 point higher than Adeliia's 68.30. Definitely not 10.53. When we count TES from the SP and FS of both skaters, it gives 107.99 for Adeliia and 107.55 for Sofia M. (with the judges surprisingly benevolent to Sofia's technical errors, there should have beed a a difference of about two points in Adeliia's advance), so again, my previous point is right, it all went to PCS by which Sofia M. was kept in the second position in the free.
Yep, you're right, there seems to have been transposed digits in my calculations (teaches me not to calculate in the middle of the night), that's my mistake, sorry for that.

Still, let's apply the average PCS Sofia M. and Adeliia have received this season: Adeliia would now be at 70.95 in the Short + 131.01 in the Free = Total score of 201.96, Sofia M. would be at 66.33 in the Short + 137.93 in the Free = Total score of 204.26. And let's go ahead and deduct the 1.26 = 203. This is still higher.

And Adeliia (as much as I love her and think she has worked very hard to improve herself in this) has rather small jumps, which is especially noticeable on her 2A for me. As "very good height and very good length" is the first bullet point for GOE, this prevents her from even being able to even reach a GOE of +3.

Though this competition made me to speak openkly about it because it has grown into the size which is no longer negligible and effectively damages other skaters.
If you were so concerned about overscoring in PCS, then how come you're not talking about Sofia Samodelkina receiving 4+ points higher in PCS than Adeliia in the Free despite having very similar mistakes and very similar previous averages as well? Why were you not calling out the PCS at Russian Senior Nationals, when Liza Tuktamysheva and Sasha Trusova received higher PCS than Sofia M., Sofia S. and Adeliia despite them having fallen when the juniors were clean?
It seems to me that this is less of a concern for the integrity of judging but concern towards your favourite skaters - which is completely understandable, I think the majority of fans have gone through this at some point and I feel for you.

And btw (I think I said it before), I do think Sofia M. was overscored - but, in my opinion, not enough to place her below Adeliia.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Oh, you come on, where were you when the forum was one hate against Anna because of alleged "favouritism":rofl:

But nope, I don't recognize this "argument", no one has ever clarified where the supposed favouritism in advance of "my faves" is apart from the usual "Eteri bonus" statement. So I reserve my right to mark obvious favouritism when I see it like the examples I gave above.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
since they can't say anything about actual TES os SS, they already have a new "методичка"/manual on that: "XYZ doesn't move me with her skating as ABC does, therefore ABC deserves higher PCS" :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I also find this funny. I am on this board since 2014 and I am sure that "her skating leaves me cold" is quite a recent one. In fact it has replaced: " I like her....but".

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yep, you're right, there seems to have been transposed digits in my calculations (teaches me not to calculate in the middle of the night), that's my mistake, sorry for that.
Apology accepted, it's not like it didn't happen to me as well on some occasions.

Still, let's apply the average PCS Sofia M. and Adeliia have received this season: Adeliia would now be at 70.95 in the Short + 131.01 in the Free = Total score of 201.96, Sofia M. would be at 66.33 in the Short + 137.93 in the Free = Total score of 204.26. And let's go ahead and deduct the 1.26 = 203. This is still higher.
But that's the problem, counting average PCS from results already affected by favouritism does not make much sense to me, because you already include that into it. It would be necessary to revise all those previous skates the same way as this one.

And Adeliia (as much as I love her and think she has worked very hard to improve herself in this) has rather small jumps, which is especially noticeable on her 2A for me. As "very good height and very good length" is the first bullet point for GOE, this prevents her from even being able to even reach a GOE of +3.

Juimps in figure skating have to be evaluated more relatively to the skater. It's not like the long jump. And IMO relatively to her height Adeliia executes very high and long jumps.

If you were so concerned about overscoring in PCS, then how come you're not talking about Sofia Samodelkina receiving 4+ points higher in PCS than Adeliia in the Free despite having very similar mistakes and very similar previous averages as well? Why were you not calling out the PCS at Russian Senior Nationals, when Liza Tuktamysheva and Sasha Trusova received higher PCS than Sofia M., Sofia S. and Adeliia despite them having fallen when the juniors were clean?
It seems to me that this is less of a concern for the integrity of judging but concern towards your favourite skaters - which is completely understandable, I think the majority of fans have gone through this at some point and I feel for you.

And btw (I think I said it before), I do think Sofia M. was overscored - but, in my opinion, not enough to place her below Adeliia.

First, there was a whole army of "concerned fans" after the senior nationals with forks and torches. I don't think I am the right person to join the crowd screaming "burn the witch" :biggrin: But it is little confusing when the same people who were involved in that several weeks go are now explaining why it is so superb that Sofia M. got the medal. Which in fact is not surprising at all because the motives are different and are repeating year after year after year.

Second, my argument is not based on the pure thing "skater with an error can't receive higher scoring (or higher scoring in PCS)" than a skater without an error. But c'mon, Muravieva is yet nowhere on the level of Anna, not even Sasha even though she's considered a "jumping bean" ;)who si "destroying figure skating" by some (and stopped to be considered such when she moved to Plushenko and it couldn't have been taken back again when she returned :biggrin:). As for Liza I was complaining about her overgrown PCS for the whole season. So yes, there can be such skaters, but definitely not Muravieva as she is now.

For me yes, she was overscored for a long time and with just scoring Adeliia should have been ahead of her, maybe not in the free, but in total definitely.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I see 0 issues with Kamila's skating skills if we compare her with any current non-Russian skater, yes, yes even with WAKABA! But Akatyeva is one step ahead. Her edges are as deep as those of the top dance skaters. Just wow!
My pet peeve is a certain older version of Bolero that is often dredged up to diss Kamila.

O.M.G I have seen it and it is slooooooow. Epically slow with teeny tiny jumps. It's possibly one of the most tedious programs I've ever seen. But it's supposed to be high art and Kamila is just a hack when compared to this "profound" version.

Fanof

On the Ice
I had never watched a junior competition before, I did it because most of you were praising some of them and also because I had liked SS's programs at RusNats (by the way more at RusNats than this week). Consequently I cannot compare their performances with what the current best senior skaters did when they were juniors. What do you think? Would you bet that the 2026 OGM was on the ice :) ?