2021 Finlandia Trophy: Men's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Men's Free Skate

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
Well if we're doing movie soundtracks at least we're getting some newer stuff in there and not just Moulin Rouge, Gladiator, etc. I do like the music from Inception quite a bit.

The performance was okay but I'm not sold yet.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well if we're doing movie soundtracks at least we're getting some newer stuff in there and not just Moulin Rouge, Gladiator, etc. I do like the music from Inception quite a bit.

The performance was okay but I'm not sold yet.
oh it was inception, this explains why i'm so confused by it :LOL:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I personally feel that with the new system that tie breakers should be done away with. We tied to the hundredth of a point we should both have a number 1 by our names. Why tie break such a rare occurrence.

(comments section)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvVnaoImVe/

I love this! It reminds me of the time in early days of IPS, 2008 or 9, when Evan Lysacek tied with Johnny Weit at Nats. Scott Hamilton said, in his exuberant, laughing Scotty way, after someone asked what were the odds of a score tie in this system:

"It's impossible! It's like tossing a coin and having it land on its edge!"

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
Oh no, it's The Greatest Showman... I forgot to count that one in the "overused movie soundtracks." And it's fairly new! But somehow I'm still so tired of it! Probably because it sucks!!!

Nice costume change tho.

Don't pop so many jumps Matyas! Oh GOD a step sequence fall too. That was so sad. :(

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love this! It reminds me of the time in early days of IPS, 2008 or 9, when Evan Lysacek tied with Johnny Weit at Nats. Scott Hamilton said, in his exuberant, laughing Scotty way, after someone asked what were the odds of a score tie in this system:

"It's impossible! It's like tossing a coin and having it land on its edge!"
Not to mention that in a non-ordinal system, there's really no need to break a SP tie... the only time I can think of might be if there's a tie for the last place in a group. For instance, if Keegan and Jason had tied for sixth in the SP, then some sort of tiebreak would be needed to decide which got to skate in the last Free group.

Wait, I guess if small medals were awarded, it would matter.

How would they tiebreak a total competition score?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Not to mention that in a non-ordinal system, there's really no need to break a SP tie... the only time I can think of might be if there's a tie for the last place in a group. For instance, if Keegan and Jason had tied for sixth in the SP, then some sort of tiebreak would be needed to decide which got to skate in the last Free group.

Wait, I guess if small medals were awarded, it would matter.

How would they tiebreak a total competition score?
My thought too. Please Keegan and Jason let us know :biggrin: