2021 Finlandia Trophy: Pairs Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Pairs Short Program

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Even with the fall, still one of my favorite pairs programs ever and I'm SO glad they kept it! :love2: Looked like he had an issue with the first spin position too.
May I offer a contrary opinion? I absolutely loved this program the first time I saw it, but it is starting to grate on me—haven’t liked it nearly as much on subsequent viewings. JMHO.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
May I offer a contrary opinion? I absolutely loved this program the first time I saw it, but it is starting to grate on me—haven’t liked it nearly as much on subsequent viewings. JMHO.
I kind of agree - it doesn't quite grate on me but I just think they've outgrown it. I really do think it was a mistake to keep it for the Olympic season, though I can understand if they wanted to focus on their free program.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I kind of agree - it doesn't quite grate on me but I just think they've outgrown it. I really do think it was a mistake to keep it for the Olympic season, though I can understand if they wanted to focus on their free program.
You’ve articulated it better than I did. The program is starting to look kind of cutesy, and a more mature (but still creative) program might have been a better choice for this year. They are the defending World Champs, after all!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this sport is political. I wish the US pairs were getting higher scores too. But today? I think the scores are pretty fair. T/M scored the way they did because of their "textbook perfection" which gets them deservedly huge GOE. C-G/L and C/J do not (outside of C/J's twist :love2:). I'm not even a huge T/M fan, but I thought their overall PCS was also very strong today.
C-G/L should be getting excellent PCS for their skate today in my opinion though.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Anastasia and Luke are both new to pairs, partnered up just before the world shut down and train in Scotland where the restrictions have been long and enduring (with no rinks open for months - skating "leisure not sport" - I think this was a lovely international debut for them

Rudel-chw

On the Ice
Country
Chile
hopefully somebody will upload on Youtube

Edit: Sorry, the video was deleted once the event was over. :cry:

Last edited: