2021 JGP Baltic Cup: Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Baltic Cup: Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well i want the duschesnays back.... and no... though i like vanessa, or le gac, that doesn't constitute proper trade ;)

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
well i want the duschesnays back.... and no... though i like vanessa, or lauriault le gac, that doesn't constitute proper trade ;)
Now 4everchan, you KNOW the Canadian skating powers that be, drove the Duschenays away, by failing to recognize their genius. Canada had only itself to blame for that one.

And the US did give you Weaver and Gilles, without whom your dancing lads would not have been so successful on the world stage. I do not consider Carreira to be an equivalent trade :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Now 4everchan, you KNOW the Canadian skating powers that be, drove the Duschenays away, by failing to recognize their genius. Canada had only itself to blame for that one.

And the US did give you Weaver and Gilles, without whom your dancing lads would not have been so successful on the world stage. I do not consider Carreira to be an equivalent trade :)
yup... i am aware... but i am not Skate Canada ;) what about Tanith? that's equivalent... actually, it's even better because Belbin did claim an Olympic Medal... which cannot be said from Weaver nor Piper (fingers crossed for the latter) Do not give up on Carreira ;)...

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
yup... i am aware... but i am not Skate Canada ;) what about Tanith? that's equivalent... Do not give up on Carreira ;)
Ah, Tanith. An absolutely beautiful woman, i will give you that—but 90% of the reason for the success of that team, was Mr Ben Agosto, IMHO. It was his brilliant partnering that allowed her to shine. I defy anyone to convince me otherwise :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ah, Tanith. An absolutely beautiful woman, i will give you that—but 90% of the reason for the success of that team, was Mr Ben Agosto, IMHO. It was his brilliant partnering that allowed her to shine. I defy anyone to convince me otherwise :)
i will not but then, i could convince you the same about Paul Poirier :) so... we are back to square one... ;)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
i will not but then, i could convince you the same about Paul Poirier :) so... we are back to square one... ;)
not denying Paul’s technical skills, but to be fair, I think Piper contributes a lot to the overall artistic presentation of the team. She is far more expressive than he is, and I think that helps them a lot; they complement each other, and each has strengths that help to disguise the areas in which the other does not excel. JMHO :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not denying Paul’s technical skills, but I think Piper contributes a lot to the overall artistic presentation of the team. She is far more expressive than he is, and I think that helps them a lot; they complement each other, and each has strengths that help to disguise the areas in which the other does not excel. JMHO :)
hehe that's what i thought Tanith brought to Agosto as well... i was always watching her... :) anyways... back to the junior free dance.... :) I missed most of it... so i will have to go check out the team from Cyprus everyone is raving about

Lulu39

Rinkside
My late two cents: K/K (CYP) sure were lovely, and good technically. I like how they seem soft and innocent but then they add these surprises! Very happy they medaled. Flores/Tsar: although it wasn't their best skate, they are so expressive it's easy to forget they're still relatively new and it's their first JGP season. So maybe they get a pass this time.

Can't wait for Linz next. Browns of course, and Ling/Wein will really be the ones to watch.