2021 JGP Baltic Cup: Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Baltic Cup: Free Dance

celestial

Rinkside
Country
Australia
My late two cents: K/K (CYP) sure were lovely, and good technically. I like how they seem soft and innocent but then they add these surprises! Very happy they medaled. Flores/Tsar: although it wasn't their best skate, they are so expressive it's easy to forget they're still relatively new and it's their first JGP season. So maybe they get a pass this time.

Can't wait for Linz next. Browns of course, and Ling/Wein will really be the ones to watch.
yeah sad and disappointed for Flores/Tsarevski, you could see the nerves got the best of Isabella especially after the RD yesterday. But nonetheless it's a great first JGP season for the new team.

I wonder what's next for them, she'll be 19 before July 1 next year so I guess they'll move up to seniors. I really hope they will continue to skate together, I'm still traumatised by Avonley/Vadym's split...

Seven Sisters

Medalist
yeah sad and disappointed for Flores/Tsarevski, you could see the nerves got the best of Isabella especially after the RD yesterday. But nonetheless it's a great first JGP season for the new team.

I wonder what's next for them, she'll be 19 before July 1 next year so I guess they'll move up to seniors. I really hope they will continue to skate together, I'm still traumatised by Avonley/Vadym's split...
I think the showdown at US Nationals Juniors between Brown/Brown, Wolfkostin/Chen, and Flores/Tsarevski will be a must-see event!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think the showdown at US Nationals Juniors between Brown/Brown, Wolfkostin/Chen, and Flores/Tsarevski will be a must-see event!

Don't forget Ling/Wein, whose ISU SB is approx. six points higher than those of the Browns and Flores/Tsarevski. :popcorn:

(No disrespect to any of these couples -- I like all of them.
The Browns and Ling/Wein will go head to head this coming week at JGP Austria.)

Also, are Wolfkostin/Chen planning to compete as Seniors at 2022 U.S. Nationals?
The reason I ask is this line from the article added to the USFS site on Sep 22 :unsure::
[ETA (on Oct 5):
The article also was published in the Aug-Sep 2021 issue of Skating magazine, which I looked at today for the first time.]​

As for the next chapter of their story, Wolfkostin and Chen are already hard at work creating it. The team plans to move up to the senior level for the 2021–22 competitive season.

(Yes, I know that it would mean needing to skate a Senior RD with Midnight Blues instead of Blues.)

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I like Ling/Wein as well, but note that Flores/Tsarevski beat them at the Lake Placid event this fall. I did think Flores/Tsarevski looked better there, but of course, it’s only one competition.

And Wolfkostin/Chen—I hadn’t heard about them maybe moving up this year, I figured they’d stay in juniors and they certainly have been competing on the JGP so far this season. I think they will move up should they win Junior Nationals again this year, though.

celestial

Rinkside
Country
Australia
Don't forget Ling/Wein, whose ISU SB is approx. six points higher than those of the Browns and Flores/Tsarevski. :popcorn:

(No disrespect to any of these couples -- I like all of them.
The Browns and Ling/Wein will go head to head this coming week at JGP Austria.)

Also, are Wolfkostin/Chen planning to compete as Seniors at 2022 U.S. Nationals?
The reason I ask is this line from the article added to USFS site on Sep 22 :unsure::

As for the next chapter of their story, Wolfkostin and Chen are already hard at work creating it. The team plans to move up to the senior level for the 2021–22 competitive season.

(Yes, I know that it would mean needing to skate a Senior RD with Midnight Blues instead of Blues.)
interesting about wolfkostin/chen I wonder what the rush is since she’s still quite young.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My late two cents: K/K (CYP) sure were lovely, and good technically. I like how they seem soft and innocent but then they add these surprises! Very happy they medaled. Flores/Tsar: although it wasn't their best skate, they are so expressive it's easy to forget they're still relatively new and it's their first JGP season. So maybe they get a pass this time.

Can't wait for Linz next. Browns of course, and Ling/Wein will really be the ones to watch.
Don't forget about Leonteva/Gorelkin, Bashynska/Beaumont and Tyutunina/Shustitskiy. It'll be interesting to see how they all stack up.

The scores from the first events are:

Leonteva/Gorelkin - 165.14
Ling/Wein - 160.23
Bashynska/Beaumont - 157.39
Tyutunina/Shustitskiy - 155.98
Brown/Brown - 154.25

Lulu39

Rinkside
I like Ling/Wein as well, but note that Flores/Tsarevski beat them at the Lake Placid event this fall. I did think Flores/Tsarevski looked better there, but of course, it’s only one competition.

And Wolfkostin/Chen—I hadn’t heard about them maybe moving up this year, I figured
Ling/Wein will be the US team to watch in Linz. I don't read too much into their Lake Placid score, as that was an early summer competition and they were probably trying things out and just getting started. They scored very high technically in Krasnoyark, and when it comes right down to it the whole point is to win the major international events. If L/W can show they are are consistently competitive with international judges, and they can score in the 160s again in Linz, I think they would be serious contenders for finals and probably ready to move up to senior.

Last edited:

Lulu39

Rinkside
Ling/Wein will be the US team to watch in Linz. I don't read too much into their Lake Placid score, as that was an early summer competition and they were probably trying things out and just getting started. They scored very high technically in Krasnoyark, and when it comes right down to it the whole point is to win the major international events. If L/W can show they are are consistently competitive with international judges, and if they can score in the 160s again in Linz, I think they would be serious contenders for finals and probably ready to move up to senior.
obligatory edit after today's announcement-

..and if they can get a gold in Linz

celestial

Rinkside
Country
Australia
Ling/Wein will be the US team to watch in Linz. I don't read too much into their Lake Placid score, as that was an early summer competition and they were probably trying things out and just getting started. They scored very high technically in Krasnoyark, and when it comes right down to it the whole point is to win the major international events. If L/W can show they are are consistently competitive with international judges, and they can score in the 160s again in Linz, I think they would be serious contenders for finals and probably ready to move up to senior.
Krasnoyarsk's scores were quite inflated tbh...

L/W were just confirmed to be moving up to seniors next year as are Wolfkostin/Chen and I'm assuming Flores/Tsarevski as well due to ageing out which leaves the Browns in a good position around the remaining Juniors.