2021 Lombardia: Men's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia: Men's Short Program

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh noooo! I've woken up and gone to watch the rest of the men, but the video has been blocked! 😭

I don't know who SME are, but they've clearly never heard of fair use and I don't like them.

ETA: I've just read through the thread! Yaro, noooo! 😭 I hope it is just his skate and he's not injured, he's awesome and I love him.

At least Moris is in 4th, I have him in 1st, maybe he can still do it!

Double ETA: Crisis averted found Moris's SP on Youtube I should have known it'd be there - hopefully I can track down Larry L's and the others too!

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Oh noooo! I've woken up and gone to watch the rest of the men, but the video has been blocked! 😭

I don't know who SME are, but they've clearly never heard of fair use and I don't like them.

ETA: I've just read through the thread! Yaro, noooo! 😭 I hope it is just his skate and he's not injured, he's awesome and I love him.

Double ETA: Crisis averted found Moris's SP on Youtube I should have known it'd be there - hopefully I can track down Larry L's and the others too!

I think SME is Sony Music Entertainment.

As to fair use, at least here in the US I don’t think it means what you think it does. In the US, fair use is a legal term of art providing that under limited circumstances, certain people or groups can use a brief amount of copyrighted material (for example 15-30 seconds of music or a video) in a limited non commercial way, without paying a license fee to the owner.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I failed to wake up from my power nap (yet again, no thank you cold) and had to catch up via kind Youtube uploaders (no thanks to you Sony Music Ent.), short thoughts:

1)Well that was a men's event
2)I didn't expect Vladimir Litvintsev to lead but see 1)
3)Adam Siao Him Fa's Star Wars program is still fun, now if only he could add finesse to his movements
4)Speaking of finesse, I remember Luc Maierhofer from JGP and he is still very much a polished skater, if he had a 3A he could be Austria's top man
5)I still wish my favourite Estonian man would ditch that 4Lz (like he lands one out of twelve attempts) but he is still my favourite Estonian man
6)I'm still mixed on Signor Grassl's program, while I know he has different choreo and a different style I still associate the music with Kolyada and his lovely program (that I still wish he kept :( )
7)Maybe Elektra is right and Morisi K is Daniil G's muse, while still not quite to my taste it was better than most Daniil G programs

auser

Record Breaker

This YouTuber has several Men SP videos here :):
Sorry, I didn't find any for Larry L.😢

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As to fair use, at least here in the US I don’t think it means what you think it does.
You're probably right...it just seems unfair though! I just wanna enjoy some skating Sony :(

This YouTuber has several Men SP videos here :)
Thank you so much! Sad about Larry though... I always read his last name as Loop Lover and feel he should get more respect for that :p

Has there ever been a modern skater called Axel I wonder 🤔

auser

Record Breaker
This YouTuber has several Men SP videos here :):
Sorry, I didn't find any for Larry L.😢
I
You're probably right...it just seems unfair though! I just wanna enjoy some skating Sony :(

Thank you so much! Sad about Larry though... I always read his last name as Loop Lover and feel he should get more respect for that :p

I take it back... Larry's video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N17RdNBtWHU
Agree about his name :rofl:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Strange you should ask. There is a French Junior skater:

Axel Ahmed FRA
SP: "Diego" by Johnny Halliday;
"Libre dans sa tête" by Johnny Halliday; choreo by Nathalie Depouilly
FS: "Gentleman" (from "Lupin" soundtrack) by Mathieu Lamboley;
"Coffre-fort' (from "Lupin" soundtrack) by Mathieu Lamboley;
"Diamants" (from "Lupin" soundtrack) by Mathieu Lamboley; choreo by Nathalie Depouilly

Tavi...

Record Breaker

I can absolutely and totally understand wanting to watch skating and being frustrated when big companies block videos for copyright violations.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Watched bit of this between Russian tests. I still confess my love for Selevko's body movement and arms and ability to do differents kinds of movement styles. Hope he gets the jumps under control some day. Both choreos are great and I do think he got lowballed in the PCS (but probably bcs he botched those jumps). Arlet Levandi does those Benoit choreos with conviction. I like what my neighbors down south are doing with the guys.

Siao Him Fa and Grassl are beginning to look like skaters after years of sloppy, ugly movement and elements. The Daft Punk was a bit meh (Siao Him Fa). Aerosmith is in the same rock cliche group titled "downright embarrassing" with Scorpions and AC/DC (Grassl). Litvintsev was channelling his inner Josefin Taljegård in that Joker, but she is way way better at it. BUT has to be said, I got his theme without the purple jacket, costume changes declaring the theme midway, and/or voiceovers.

Voiceovers explaining the programs seem to be this year's thing. I will soon start screaming every time I hear one. If the music and possible lyrics with a costume are not enough (the actual movement rarely has anything to do with the theme) to let us know what is going on, a voiceover is not going to make a great difference. Maybe rather just underline the general unsuccessfulnes of the whole package.

E

Last edited: