2021 Lombardia Women's Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia Women's Short Program

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I couldn't watch. Glad to see Lindsay's deduction was not for a fall, but a timeing issue. That's easily solved. Completely new programme and still more points (slightly) than at the WC. Good for her!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Light years away is a little strong. Russia can only send three skaters so that makes Alysa potentially only one place away from the Olympic podium with her current content. A lot can happen at the Olympics, as we have seen many times.
I don't think that she will beat Kaori without Ultra-C jumps. Then we have Rika and Koreans who may have finally a good day landing 3As and all other jumps. Of course, it's just my "uneducated" opinion against other "uneducated" opinions but I do believe that without 3A getting into the final group will be a challenge for her. 74 points could be not enough. And getting the podium from outside the last group without successfull quads is highly unlikely.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She was attempting 3A2T and 3Lz3Lp in the Free skate and a solo 3A in the SP at Silicon Valley Open in early August. The quality had quite a ways to go, which is why I am not surprised they were missing here at her senior debut.

I would not be surprised if by Olympics, the 3A's will look a lot better.

Brauliomx

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Top 3

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think that she will beat Kaori without Ultra-C jumps. Then we have Rika and Koreans who may have finally a good day landing 3As and all other jumps. Of course, it's just my "uneducated" opinion against other "uneducated" opinions but I do believe that without 3A getting into the final group will be a challenge for her. 74 points could be not enough. And getting the podium from outside the last group without successfull quads is highly unlikely.
Alysa may have a 3A by the Olympics. We'll have to wait and see. And at Worlds this year, Karen Chen beat all three Japanese skaters (and all Korean skaters, too). So you never know.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I wonder, has there ever been a non-red/black Malaguena dress?

of course not, did spanish people ever wear other colors?

Well, Sasha Cohen wore a yellow dress with black accents for her (pretty magnificent) Malagueña SP at 2004 Worlds. I remember wondering at the time 'Why isn't Sasha in red and black?'. 💃 😆

Awesome job by Alysa in her Senior debut! 🇺🇲🤩👏👏👏⛸⛸ I think she beat her own PB, and without the 3A!

Last edited: