2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Free Skate | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Free Skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kazuki ”wuzrobbed“ as we say in the skating world. He was delightful, engaging and his steps, interpretation, skating skills were underscored.

That has diddly boop to do with how I feel about Morisi. I actually like Morisi. But Kazuki was the better skater in the free, IMO.

I don’t know why home cooking is strong in a GP, but it is.🤔

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
People should be absolutely hecking DISGUSTED with that judging
I guess? But so often people make it personal...and attack the skaters personality. I know a lot of people don't, but those who do can be awful.

Or perhaps I'm too sensitive? I'd hate to go on the ice, try my absolute best - yes, even with crummy technique - win a medal and be accused of everything from insufferable conceit to actual full-on cheating (I refuse to believe Moris is deliberately doing salchows for all his quads, yes he can't do the quad toe correctly, but there's a BIG difference between that and actually suggesting that he's knowingly and maliciously doing it - such suggestions lead to Adelina situations, where the skater themself is the hated one, the one who gets the death threats and name calling).

And while I like Jason a lot, I'm uncomfortable with this idea the there's only ONE type of artistry. I know he works very hard and it's shows, but other skaters work hard too. Like do people honestly think the quad jumpers just rock up to practice do a couple of jumps and leave?

Should Moris have won? I guess not, but is he devoid of talent or ability? Also no. I enjoyed him.

It's exhausting to always have to wonder when you like a skater "Oh if I post something nice about them are people going to laugh and judge and think I'm a crappy person too"?

JustSomeGuy

On the Ice
Okay, everybody here is loosing their sh*t over Morisi placing over Tomono, but are we going to talk about the fact that THIS IS THE SECOND TIME KOLYADA HAS PLACED SECOND WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THIRD? Or how about the fact that if he had been placed correctly at both GPs, he'd have been out of the final?

Shun Sato has been cheated. Daniel Grassl was cheated. And yes, Kazuki Tomono was cheated (of a silver, at the very least).

Anybody who wants to cry about Rusfed not backing Kolyada needs to quiet down - they've been pushing him since day one and if this doesn't make it clear to you then nothing ever will. Honestly, they biggest heist they've ever pulled was convincing this fandom that Kolyada was some poor abused underdog with no fed backing when they've been politicking for him hard. People see what they want to see with Kolyada, and honestly, the whole fandom is so obsessed with their idea of his skating that I don't think they actually watch what's on the ice.

I'm going to go find some chores to do now, because this honestly might be the first time that figure skating scores have actually made me angry, and I don't want to be the kind of person who wishes bad on a skater but a part of me genuinely hopes that we won't see Kolyada use that GPF spot that he DIDN'T deserve.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I liked Rizzo the most in FS. ❤️ Tomono looked great too, though, yes, plenty of mistakes there. He is my favourite Japanese man after Uno, so I am bummed. I am not going to repeat everyone’s comments on judging, except point out that this is what happens and will continue happening if PCSs are allowed to be awarded unchecked by tangible metrics. Both Kolyada and Brown benefited this season at the expense of other skaters. And today’s winner even more so.

Overall, this was my least favourite men’s event.

Last edited:

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Okay, everybody here is loosing their sh*t over Morisi placing over Tomono, but are we going to talk about the fact that THIS IS THE SECOND TIME KOLYADA HAS PLACED SECOND WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THIRD? Or how about the fact that if he had been placed correctly at both GPs, he'd have been out of the final?

Shun Sato has been cheated. Daniel Grassl was cheated. And yes, Kazuki Tomono was cheated (of a silver, at the very least).

Anybody who wants to cry about Rusfed not backing Kolyada needs to quiet down - they've been pushing him since day one and if this doesn't make it clear to you then nothing ever will. Honestly, they biggest heist they've ever pulled was convincing this fandom that Kolyada was some poor abused underdog with no fed backing when they've been politicking for him hard. People see what they want to see with Kolyada, and honestly, the whole fandom is so obsessed with their idea of his skating that I don't think they actually watch what's on the ice.

I'm going to go find some chores to do now, because this honestly might be the first time that figure skating scores have actually made me angry, and I don't want to be the kind of person who wishes bad on a skater but a part of me genuinely hopes that we won't see Kolyada use that GPF spot that he DIDN'T deserve.
Who should have the GPF spot?

klena

On the Ice

Тhe same can be said about Brown's scoring.

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
you are "opening a can of worms
Yeah, I don’t really care for the fan war between Jason and Kolyada’s fans. But I’m relieved they both made the GP final. One preventing the other would have been a nightmare. They are both 27 and both have been propped up by their feds—mainly because no great “total package” skater of their respective countries came up through the ranks during their tenure. Honestly, I’ll be glad when someone does. The stress of being a Kolyada fan is nearly unbearable.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Тhe same can be said about Brown's scoring.

Jason was at this event? Please tell me where, I love his skating so much, and I missed him 🥲

you are right that Jason’s scoring has been off: undermarked on PCS in both events he did skate in. But of course in neither event did he benefit from home cooking. ;)

(and I have no problem with any other skater or their fans. But I guess as a Jason fan I should be proud that he is so important to others:biggrin:)

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I'm afraid to watch the replay (having slept through it live). Was it a splatfest? Is the ice still cursed?

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yeah, I don’t really care for the fan war between Jason and Kolyada’s fans. But I’m relieved they both made the GP final. One preventing the other would have been a nightmare. They are both 27 and both have been propped up by their feds—mainly because no great “total package” skater of their respective countries came up through the ranks during their tenure. Honestly, I’ll be glad when someone does. The stress of being a Kolyada fan is nearly unbearable.
I don't see a need for fan war between them either. Both of them are wonderful skaters with great quality in their skating. Yuzu will not be in the final, and so I am excited to see both Jason and Mikhail in the GPF.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason was at this event? Please tell me where, I love his skating so much, and I missed him 🥲

you are right that Jason’s scoring has been off: undermarked on PCS in both events he did skate in. But of course in neither event did he benefit from home cooking. ;)

(and I have no problem with any other skater or their fans. But I guess as a Jason fan I should be proud that he is so important to others:biggrin:)
Jason wasn't at this event. It was talk about Jason and Kolyada's skating.