2021 Skate America: Rhythm Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Rhythm Dance

rain

Record Breaker
I agree, but I also saw it coming when they only got one keypoint. I think if they'd gotten level 3 or higher they would've taken it.
The judges were pretty brutal with awarding key points to everyone here today. Probably good, as it gives the teams tangible feedback that they can use going forward this season.

I will not quibble about the technical score, which was a virtual tie, but I thought the PCS really, really should have gone with Chock/Bates (aside from maybe skating skills, as others have said). It bugs me when really great material isn't rewarded as it should be. It kind of sends the message of "why bother".

LadyB

Record Breaker
Okay, guys, I'm gonna be the lightweight today. I need some kip, didn't get much rest after Day 1 and it's catching up with me. I sent all my love to Sasha Trusova and hope to wake up to a pleasing result in pairs - I don't want to jinx anyone, but my fingers will be firmly crossed all night.
Have fun - see ya tomorrow :bed:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It’s never been a problem before!

Poor Evan, lost in the shadows (even though he is by far the better skater, IMHO)
not just your opinion... that's why they were never my in my long line up of faves ... but this time around, i really enjoyed their perf

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I see the potential in Carolane and I see the potential with Shane, but for me, it's seem that they could success more if they find a new partner for having better chemistry and passion. That the main problem of this couple a lack of chemistry and passion.
The main problem is that they never skate clean, and frequently have random stumbles or falls.
The judges were pretty brutal with awarding key points to everyone here today. Probably good, as it gives the teams tangible feedback that they can use going forward this season.

I will not quibble about the technical score, which was a virtual tie, but I thought the PCS really, really should have gone with Chock/Bates (aside from maybe skating skills, as others have said). It bugs me when really great material isn't rewarded as it should be. It kind of sends the message of "why bother".
It wasn't though. It was fairly close, but H/D were 0.72 points ahead in TES, which is the majority of the difference between them and C/B.

Poor Evan, lost in the shadows (even though he is by far the better skater, IMHO)

The flower and the stem. What can be done?

I generally like Chock and Bates (having followed local girl Maddie Chock since her days as a junior). But of the two programs we saw today, I thought that Hubbell and Donohue's came together better.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
mostly shallow comments catching up with R&D:

Smart/Diaz > Hurtado/Khaliavin
Sorensen looks a bit like George Michael
Hubbell/Donohue's program suits them and for once i also like the costumes :LOL:
if you're Madison Chock you can even rock acid green

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I :love2: Smart & Diaz! They were fabulous through the whole competition. Their exhibition program reminded me of Kaitlyn & Jean-Luc, & that's a compliment!