2021 Skate Canada: Men's Free Skate | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada: Men's Free Skate

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Not a perfect competition from anyone but I think there are a lot of positives to take away. I’m happy for Nathan in that he seems to have gotten through whatever problems he had last week. And Jason is sublime- he’s such a hard worker, I think he’ll get to work on the issues he had here as soon as he’s back in Toronto. He really seemed to commit to the quad, it just looked like his timing was off. And that spin was a total fluke.

I also feel for Keegan- that fall looked like it hurt. I hope he’s okay.

Russian nationals is going to be interesting. I’ll be curious to see how their skaters develop before then.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I had some kind of stupid update that required a restart but I was never informed so my whole computer was having a nervous breakdown.

I wouldn't say this was a well skated event. I'm glad Jason got the silver. I'm sad for Keegan. Nathan deserved to win. PCS is... subjective I guess.

readernick

Medalist
Nathan (and Hanyu for the record) are over scored on PCS, but this field makes it look like they deserve 10's on everything.

So many programs just deflated as the mistakes piled up.
Completely agree. The top skaters are always overscored. However, a lot of these men don't have a lot left to admire when the jumps go wrong....

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now for a dinner break, creamy potato soup and a Montreal bagel since I am heading to the dance event.

2021 Skate Canada ISU video links in skate order are found in the Grand Prix thread.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Completely agree. The top skaters are always overscored. However, man a lot of these men don't have a lot left to admire when the jumps go wrong....
Yuzu's PCS used to deserve near 50 and 100, but unfortunately he hasn't been as strong in it in the past couple or few years. Nathan has gotten better, but he as well is scored too high in his PCS.

Weathergal

Medalist
I really enjoyed both the Pairs and Mens shorts but sadly both frees were a long way of that today.
Yeah, I thought there were a few bright spots in the Pairs, but overall I'd agree with that. Not many bright spots in the Men's at all. Quite the splatfest unfortunately.

auser

Record Breaker
Now for a dinner break, creamy potato soup and a Montreal bagel since I am heading to the dance event.

2021 Skate Canada ISU video links in skate order are found in the Grand Prix thread.
Have a great time at the dance event, labgoat.