2021 Skate Canada: Women's Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate Canada: Women's Free Skate

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I don't think that among quadless ladies, there is one with more ambitious and high scoring last three jumping passes than Liu.
3Lz-euler-3F, 3Lz-3T, 3F-2A. That's a lot, maybe too much since it's must be harder to rotate late in the program.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She had very visible UR jumps in real time on 3F and 3T, she didn't deserve to be on top of Mai who had an exquisite program. Alysa's skating just looks very youthful, sad that Bradie is injured because he is much better than her, but at this point the USA has no one else to bet on.
Her 3A at a downgrade though?🤔 I thought it looked better than the SP one in rotation!

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Contrary to everyone here, I’m in love with Bolero by Kamila, curving her body, stretching her legs, the attack, huuuuge jumps, outstanding spins, the speed. This is definitely an Olympic program. To skate like that, to jump like that you need music that will push you forward not to doze off, a very smart move from the coaches. I love the costume as well. Moreover, she shows two different sides to herself in SP and FP. Similar routine would have been a mistake
I absolutely đź’Ż agree.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I don't think that among quadless ladies, there is one with more ambitious and high scoring last three jumping passes than Liu.
3Lz-euler-3F, 3Lz-3T, 3F-2A. That's a lot, maybe too much since it's must be harder to rotate late in the program.
Sinitsyna also had all her combos as the last three jumping passes but with a slight lower BV.
Alysa should ditch the 2A sequence though. It lowers the BV for both the 2A and the 3F to 80%. If she does a 3F+2Lo instead it is worth more.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Why on earth would she not be vaccinated???
Because at this moment in Russia the health department has not yet given an ok to have the people under the age of 18 vaccinated. Meaning at the moment there is no vaccine for underage people to get in Russia. The sputnik one is going to go in a trial phase but that trial could take until spring next year until its finished, meaning if that's the case than it's too late for the underaged skaters in Russia. Then only other option at the moment would be a 21 day quarantine( which means no training nothing for 21 days) which can cut of any athletes chance to medal. So yes either they pray that the health department approves the vaccine before the olympics, or they have to find a way to get the girls legally vaccinated before as an exemption , gor get around the 21 day quarantine of risk losing the the chance to medsl

Joekaz

On the Ice
Wakaba needs to stop popping. She even popped in the gala. Lol That pop in the LP cost her 2 spots. Its a shame because her skating and jumping ability is on a different level than Mai and Alyssa. Her programs were highlights of this competition(along with Valieva). She needs to put 3A in SP and stop popping.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wakaba needs to stop popping. She even popped in the gala. Lol That pop in the LP cost her 2 spots. Its a shame because her skating and jumping ability is on a different level than Mai and Alyssa. Her programs were highlights of this competition(along with Valieva). She needs to put 3A in SP and stop popping.
I have noticed that. It seems like she can skate great, have a chance to medal, even land her 3A, but then she will randomly pop a jump.