2022-23 Cup of Russia - Stage 3 - Kazan | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Cup of Russia - Stage 3 - Kazan

Magill

Record Breaker
Hahaha, the world in the distorting mirror. The Cup Series is nothing more than a helpless attempt to motivate athletes in the face of the disastrous situation in which they have been thrown. Everyone, really EVERYONE without exception, would prefer an international competition.
Of course, each and every one of the participants would gladly give up on the "fake" domestic GP to take part in the real international GP. No doubt about it.

Lurker11

On the Ice
Of course, each and every one of the participants would gladly give up on the "fake" domestic GP to take part in the real international GP. No doubt about it.
It’s not fake the competition is much higher than for ISU events. They could do better of course, but compared to the ISU which is on life support and needs to be put out of its misery the Russian federation has done well.

Magill

Record Breaker
It’s not fake the competition is much higher than for ISU events. They could do better of course, but compared to the ISU which is on life support and needs to be put out of its misery the Russian federation has done well.
It's a "fake" GP. It takes a name of a well-known event it is not related to and not a part of. That's what makes it "fake".

Caliban

On the Ice
It's a "fake" GP. It takes a name of a well-known event it is not related to and not a part of. That's what makes it "fake".

You can always go and watch so-called "real" GP. Yes, that "real" GP have no pairs, have weakest women field in last 10 years, but you still can watch it.
But it seems that for some strange reason you are obsessed with Russian GP.

Magill

Record Breaker
You can always go and watch so-called "real" GP. Yes, that "real" GP have no pairs, have weakest women field in last 10 years, but you still can watch it.
But it seems that for some strange reason you are obsessed with Russian GP.
Obsessed? I do not even watch it. Just popped into a weird discussion appearing in my feed, like anyone can do on this board.
If Russia has not decided to use a name associated with a different event, I would not even mention it.
And, yes, an event "borrowing" the name of another event not associated with it is called "fake", even if only to differentiate it from the real thing, like it or not. They could have chosen a different name.
And, yes, I did truly enjoy Skate America and Skate Canada. GP France - I did not watch, either.
But the British one I will watch for sure.

Last edited:

Lipa.strom

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I wonder why are you so obsessed with this "fake" competition then. Just don't watch and everyone will be happy. and if you didn't watch then there is no reason to evaluate what you have not seen ;)

BTW there exists a skating competition called "Grand Prix of Bratislava" that has nothing to to with GP series and it's also not "fake" :biggrin:

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
They can call it Olympic Games of Saransk, for all I care. Everyone who wants to, can follow the competition and it doesn’t make Russian sports any less banned. They don’t even qualify Belorussians as participants because it is a national enterprise. I dunno who can possibly confuse it with ISU event after even a perfunctionary look at entry list. If anything, they are more modest than I expected in their commentary. I was preparing to roll my eyes a lot, but fast forwarding Valieva’s stuff and skipping Kondratyuk’s stage makes it a homespun Cup of Russia with stronger entries than normally. I feel for the skaters who normally competed in CoR and got titles, since it’s the second time in three years they have to go against big names, but then again, some of them can pour water on the wheel of the invisible component score (name of the coach).

Magill

Record Breaker
I wonder whýy are you so obsessed with this "fake" competition then. Just don't watch and everyone will be happy. and if you didn't watch then there is no reason to evaluate what you have not seen ;)
I wonder why you are so obsessed with people calling it "fake"....:biggrin:
Anyway, just moving on as I really do not feel like discussing this "fake" GP eternally.

Last edited:

Lipa.strom

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I wonder why you are so obsessed with people calling it "fake"....:biggrin:
Anyway, just moving on as I really do not feel like discussing this "fake" GP eternally.
Again, if you "do not feel like discussing" something they why did you start discussing that? You contradict yourself.

BTW you are not people, you are one person, unless it is something like royal plural.

At the end the name is the name, the content is important and the content is obviously attracting even those who pompusluy act like "not interested, above it".

The "prestige" is a virtual thing, highly depending on the real content. This prestige of international (the "real"?) series of GP comes from the fact that the best compete with each other and the national aspect is slightly suppressed to quality. But this season the national aspect prevailed over quality and as the result the quality of int. GP is disastrous in two of four disciplines and average in the third one. In such case the "prestige" is only matter of inertia and may disappear very soon.

Of course, go and watch what you like but there is no sense in raging against something that has much higher quality.

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
Again, if you "do not feel like discussing" something they why did you start discussing that? You contradict yourself.

BTW you are not people, you are one person, unless it is something like royal plural.

At the end the name is the name, the content is important and the content is obviously attracting even those who pompusluy act like "not interested, above it".

The "prestige" is a virtual thing, highly depending on the real content. This prestige of international (the "real"?) series of GP comes from the fact that the best compete with each other and the national aspect is slightly suppressed to quality. But this season the national aspect prevailed over quality and as the result the quality of int. GP is disastrous in two of four disciplines and aerage int he third one. In such case the !prestige" is only matter of inertia and may disappear very soon.

Of course, go and watch what you like but there is no sense in raging against something that has much higher quality.
I did not start discussing anything, I just used an expression in a post on a different topic. Besides go to other boards, your precious event is called "fake GP" all over the place for the sake of its identification against the real GPs and it has become its popular nickname on the Net. Like it or not, go complain to those who have chosen this name for it.
I think you're funny being so obssessed with it. But even most funny things become boring after a while so bye, bye.

Fried

Final Flight

The "prestige" is a virtual thing, highly depending on the real content. This prestige of international (the "real"?) series of GP comes from the fact that the best compete with each other and the national aspect is slightly suppressed to quality. But this season the national aspect prevailed over quality and as the result the quality of int. GP is disastrous in two of four disciplines and aerage int he third one. In such case the !prestige" is only matter of inertia and may disappear very soon.

Not correct. You are forgetting an important point. It's not just about the best competing against each other, but about the best of each participating country competing and the competitions being held in different countries. Each athlete will tell you what he would rather participate in and what he would rather experience.
I don't even talk about world rankings and international (prestigious) advertising contracts.
Your point of view is that of a TV viewer who doesn't care because he's sitting here and there on his sofa.

Fried

Final Flight
Again, "the rules". Do you care, Fried, to tell us what these rules are? Or are you just a bitter person with no facts or rules in your defense? You sound pathetic and I sure hope you have no responsibilities in your career. I sure wouldn't give you any.
Another bitter clueless person you should explain what's within the rules and what's not. Haha.

Lurker11

On the Ice
They can call it Olympic Games of Saransk, for all I care. Everyone who wants to, can follow the competition and it doesn’t make Russian sports any less banned. They don’t even qualify Belorussians as participants because it is a national enterprise. I dunno who can possibly confuse it with ISU event after even a perfunctionary look at entry list. If anything, they are more modest than I expected in their commentary. I was preparing to roll my eyes a lot, but fast forwarding Valieva’s stuff and skipping Kondratyuk’s stage makes it a homespun Cup of Russia with stronger entries than normally. I feel for the skaters who normally competed in CoR and got titles, since it’s the second time in three years they have to go against big names, but then again, some of them can pour water on the wheel of the invisible component score (name of the coach).
Why would you fast forward through the best skater in history? If you fast forwarded through everyone else to watch the best the world has seen it would make sense, but not skipping the best ever.

Lurker11

On the Ice
Fake GP series. Crafty Kamila, Evil Eteri, Devious Daniil. Don’t watch their fake GP.

Donald_Trump_official_portrait.jpg

Lipa.strom

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Why would you fast forward through the best skater in history? If you fast forwarded through everyone else to watch the best the world has seen it would make sense, but not skipping the best ever.
I think it's a psychological matter, similar to what people go through after divorce, trying to persuade themselves they actually dislike what they loved before (but still remain fixed to it even by opulent ignoring).

Last edited: