2022-23 Japan National Championships - Women's FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japan National Championships - Women's FS

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
It's not based solely on placement here. They have discretion to take other factors into consideration to make their picks.
Senior nats have very much the last word. Otherwise Rinka wouldn't have got the spot last season while she hadn't even competed as a junior in the season.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
What strategy? She has to qualify. Only Rinka, Mai, and Kaori have qualified. The only other way to qualify is by getting on the podium. There is no shade of grey here.
I know what the qualifications are but they would not have sent Rinka in 12th over a Mana in 4th~6th (with two 14yr olds above her) regardless of Rinka qualifying for GPF

And honestly, I wasn't even thinking about Mana for Worlds, I was hoping they would send her to 4CC

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I know what the qualifications are but they would not have sent Rinka in 12th over a Mana in 4th~6th (with two 14yr olds above her) regardless of Rinka qualifying for GPF
They do not break their own rules. Mana would not have gone if she finished fourth, period. Rinka would go even if she finished 24th, because she qualified and Mana didn't.