2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
There's some wonderful news for Kamila. I dare not elaborate on it but great news nonetheless.
I wouldn't call it wonderful news... Not yet, and possibly never as she did lose the title. A positive sign or encouragement for her maybe, but not wonderful news.

Gentle reminder that WADA does have the opportunity to appeal (and have indicated they will) and in fact even RUSADA does not seem to know the full verdict at the moment and reserve its right to appeal the decision itself.

Lurker11

On the Ice
No reason not to give Kamila her Olympic gold medal for the team competition now.

Agreed. Losing the 2022 Nationals gold is an enormous punishment as it is. Bach will hopefully make the announcement in the next 24 hours now to put it to bed.

Everyone will disagree including Kamila herself I'm sure, but I put that Russian Nationals gold far ahead of Olympic team gold in terms of an accomplishment. I feel sick that she's going to be deprived of what she rightfully won.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed. Losing the 2022 Nationals gold is an enormous punishment as it is. Bach will hopefully make the announcement in the next 24 hours now to put it to bed.

Everyone will disagree including Kamila herself I'm sure, but I put that Russian Nationals gold far ahead of Olympic team gold in terms of an accomplishment. I feel sick that she's going to be deprived of what she rightfully won.
You know how much of an Anna fan I am.
She won bronze that day and I don’t want a silver on paper since it wasn’t earned on the ice.

On paper is one thing, but that skate by Kamila is the greatest FS of all time. Everyone knows it and no bureaucracy can take that away.

Lurker11

On the Ice
She won bronze that day and I don’t want a silver on paper since it wasn’t earned on the ice.

On paper is one thing, but that skate by Kamila is the greatest FS of all time. Everyone knows it and no bureaucracy can take that away.
That level will never be repeated. Against the toughest line up in the world.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia

On that day, she should not have been on the pedestal at all and even nearby. Anna should be grateful for the corruption of the Russian old people of the FFKR.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On that day, she should not have been on the pedestal at all and even nearby. Anna should be grateful for the corruption of the Russian old people of the FFKR.
I, as you may or may not know, defer to the judges in all cases.

But, for the sake of brevity, let’s take Anna’s bronze away. That still leaves me as a fan of someone who has 3 golds in a row. A once in a generation achievement.

You aren’t going to claim that was a product of corruption as well? Maybe the Olympic or world gold was also corruption.

I say if you win that often, are an all time great, and the most mentally tough skater ever, it stops being corruption, a fluke or luck.
It’s becomes a pattern. Of greatness.

DoubleBass

Rinkside
On that day, she should not have been on the pedestal at all and even nearby. Anna should be grateful for the corruption of the Russian old people of the FFKR

But, for the sake of brevity, let’s take Anna’s bronze away. That still leaves me as a fan of someone who has 3 golds in a row. A once in a generation achievement.

You aren’t going to claim that was a product of corruption as well? Maybe the Olympic or world gold was also corruption.

I say if you win that often, are an all time great, and the most mentally tough skater ever, it stops being corruption, a fluke or luck.

Alex is obviously a Sasha fan, everyone is corrupted for a Sasha fan, but it's not Anna's fault that Sasha has stopped developing as a figure skater since her last JW gold medal, where she narrowly beat Anna (I think Anna should have won that JW, but her reputation at that time wasn't nearly as high as Sasha's), also it's not Anna's fault that the ISU had lowered BV for quads to allow clean programs with triples with great presentation and the rest of the FS elements score higher than average programs with multiple quads filled with mistakes/falls. The rest of Anna's free skate at RusNats was clean and very well presented, she didn't abandon the program, she fought for every other element, it was a high quality performance

Amei

Record Breaker
Congrats Sasha, some ppl are smirking at getting title this way, but I believe being clean athlete should be supported nad praised! :clap:
I see all wiki entries have been updated, I wonder what about Euros? :unsure:

Based on today's ruling there is no change to Europeans results, however there are appeals still to be had.

Lurker11

On the Ice
Based on today's ruling there is no change to Europeans results, however there are appeals still to be had.

Losing that hard fought 2022 Nationals gold is the big punishment. I don't really care about the rest of the medals, I just hope she can do what she does best into the future. I've never seen so much bloodlust to destroy a child from the very start when no-one knew the facts (and we still don't and won't know for a while there is a process). I don't care too much about team gold to be honest for Kamila herself, but athletes like Mark won't have an opportunity to win gold again (in anything if he stays with Trusova, destroys his back hanging from harnesses in Yana's shows, and continues to be coached Sokolovskaya).

In terms of difficulty in winning gold in women's skating assuming Russians compete:
1. Russian Nationals
2. Russian GP Final
3. Olympics Games
4. World Championships
5. GP Final
6. Europeans
7. Olympic Team Event

In terms of prestige, I put team gold beneath a GP Final gold but above a European gold just because it is still an Olympic gold albeit in a somewhat convoluted team event. For a skater without the individual accomplishments of Kamila, the team gold would maybe mean a little more. I think she'd be upset more than anything with causing teammates to not receive their gold medal than being deprived herself.

The Russian team could have put any of their top 6 skaters in Kamila's place and come away with gold.

Appearing in the team event to represent your country (or Olympic Committee) is the actual reward in my opinion.

brakes

On the Ice
It really doesn't matter as 3-5 Petrosian, Samodielkina and Muravieva were not age eligible for Olympics.
Anna would've gotten the spot no matter what.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alex is obviously a Sasha fan, everyone is corrupted for a Sasha fan, but it's not Anna's fault that Sasha has stopped developing as a figure skater since her last JW gold medal, where she narrowly beat Anna (I think Anna should have won that JW, but her reputation at that time wasn't nearly as high as Sasha's), also it's not Anna's fault that the ISU had lowered BV for quads to allow clean programs with triples with great presentation and the rest of the FS elements score higher than average programs with multiple quads filled with mistakes/falls. The rest of Anna's free skate at RusNats was clean and very well presented, she didn't abandon the program, she fought for every other element, it was a high quality performance
It’s great for Sasha to have fans. It’s great for everyone to have fans.

I just want fans to congratulate the winner when their favorite loses.

Like I did when Liza was beaten to the Olympic spot by Sasha. Fair and square and clean as a whistle. So if I can do it, everyone else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.