2022 European Championships: Free Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Free Dance

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I wish Stepanova and Bukin had kept Romeo and Juliet out of this program lol. The beginning is by far the best part. I also don't get why they keep going soft in Olympic seasons when they're far better at sharp, angular movements and slightly darker programs are where their strength lies.
while I do agree - I also feel like when they did they didn't get as rewarded at the big events and probably felt like it wasn't paying off

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I the only one who liked Vika's royal blue dress better. She just fades into the ice.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Impressive power and edges from S/K. Their transitions are still somewhat sloppy and the program is uninspired (Hawayek and Baker did classical right this year). The last part of the program completely cheapens it and looks like 1990s Lord of the dance. Sorry, but this better not win gold in Beijing. Don't be too greedy Russia.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That seemed a bit restrained, but wisely so to preserve Nikita's back. I feel like some of the lifts and choreo were adapted, but I may be wrong. Definitely the winning skate.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
The eternal question for me: which is worse, the violin arrangement of Rach 2 (with an electric guitar at one point??) or the abrupt switch to a totally different piece at the end?

...At least Victoria has a better dress now.