2022 European Championships: Free Dance | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Free Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Viktoria Sinitsina could never fade into anything! She ALWAYS stands out. :love: :love: :love:

But, seriously, I do agree. Wishy-washy costumes do not work against a backdrop of ice.

CaroLiza_fan
She is very striking and doesn't deserve such a pale color.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Their one foot step sequence is the weakest I ever saw. It's sooo short and simple.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I think it's a good sign that even at Euros in Estonia S/K did not beat P/C season's best. I don't mind them on the podium as long as they're not in the top spot. That would be one political bridge too far.

slider11

Medalist
Impressive power and edges from S/K. Their transitions are still somewhat sloppy and the program is uninspired (Hawayek and Baker did classical right this year). The last part of the program completely cheapens it and looks like 1990s Lord of the dance. Sorry, but this better not win gold in Beijing. Don't be too greedy Russia.
Agreed. The ending really doesn't work and is such an obvious add-on to show fast steps and energy but is not cohesive to the whole performance.

readernick

Medalist
I think it's a good sign that even at Euros in Estonia S/K did not beat P/C season's best. I don't mind them on the podium as long as they're not in the top spot. That would be one political bridge too far.
Yes, I don't think any amount of influence will allow them to win the Olympics unless P/ C falter. But, to me they are really number 5 /6 in the World in quality. I would prefer that they weren't on the podium. But, ice dance judging is as it is...so...??.

Last edited: