2022 European Championships: Women's Short Program | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now, I know everybody is going to disagree with what I am about to say, but this is how I feel.

There were 3 stand out skates in that final group. And I am delighted to say that they were all from small Fed skaters!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sorry, but the programmes from the three Russian skaters just don't do it for me.

But, I know that will change tomorrow, because I love Trusova's FS.

And on that bombshell, I am going to run away and try to get the last 3 groups of the Pairs SP watched before the Pairs FS starts.

CaroLiza_fan

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
All the damn hate they've been throwing at Anna has really gotten to her.
The pressure she must feel is immense, she looked so nervous, she's just a 17 year old girl.
On the one hand, it's a good thing she came in fourth, so she can avoid the press conference and all the extra stress that comes with it.
I hope she can disconnect from social networks, concentrate and give her best on Saturday. The rest is no longer in hers hands. Praying for Anna.
I do think mental pressure has a lot to do with it, and she does not deserve any hate. Even if you think she is overscored, that is the fault of the judges, not the skater. However, I think it's injury. She's had a foot injury, a neck injury, and a knee injury this season alone, and some people think with the way her spins are looking that it's possible she has a back injury as well. I wish her the very best in the free.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The pressure she must feel is immense, she looked so nervous, she's just a 17 year old girl.
On the one hand, it's a good thing she came in fourth, so she can avoid the press conference and all the extra stress that comes with it.
I hope she can disconnect from social networks, concentrate and give her best on Saturday. The rest is no longer in hers hands. Praying for Anna.
That's it. I don't understand why some people talk so much about the need of mental support when the same people behave like a wolf pack whenever they get the chance.

Anna knows the cost of her today's mistake the best of all, so I hope she will get the serenity and time to breath and concentrate for the free skate.

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
People are inclined to get nervous if they’re not in a condition to perform. That’s not about haters; it’s about anxiety about what they can do in the moment. Just sayin’.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just reached from work to see the final group. Is there something I should watch afterwards? Finns seem not have good day, so I watch them later if I have time. Or should I just keep the wonderful feeling I got after Loena and concentrate on waiting the pairs?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so happy Loena is in second place. I was totally convinced they wouldnt' dare to do this, but it is bringing back a little faith in judging, even if it's just a tiny bit. 90 points for Kamila is a choice, but I can't say I really mind the overscoring - this girl is everything. It's not just her jumps, she also spins fantastically. Yes, the Olympic Gold has her name on it barring a disaster, but I think it's totally deserved. She's really a miracle skater.

prorussian fan

On the Ice
I do think mental pressure has a lot to do with it, and she does not deserve any hate. Even if you think she is overscored, that is the fault of the judges, not the skater. However, I think it's injury. She's had a foot injury, a neck injury, and a knee injury this season alone, and some people think with the way her spins are looking that it's possible she has a back injury as well. I wish her the very best in the free.
At least in the training videos I watched, she has landed her jumps, had a clean FS in yesterday's training.
However, she is human and I suppose she entered the ice today with too much pressure and nerves to go clean and live up to the expectations that are had of her in Russia.
If only she had gone for a 3Lz-3T.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I just reached from work to see the final group. Is there something I should watch afterwards? Finns seem not have good day, so I watch them later if I have time. Or should I just keep the wonderful feeling I got after Loena and concentrate on waiting the pairs?
Gubanova was great too, she's in 6th place.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Yeah, to be clear, it's not Anna's fault she's getting propped up, that's 100% on the judges. And it saddens me that she and Trusova are almost certainly pushing themselves to skate through injury to reach the Olympics even if I understand why.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loena was stunning! How is she nearly tied in components with Sasha? I get the Eteri bonus and all, but still.

I love Sasha too but no way are her SS better.

Kamila is unstoppable at the moment, nobody can touch her. Anna must be injured, I hope she will do better in the FS.

brigit66

On the Ice
Multiple times I posted that russians will make russians nationals out of EUROPEAN championships especially before OLy to pump up russians scores, make for them seasons best and world records//. Ex soviet Champinships make me sick. There were no need to give kamila such score, no need. PCs for Anna , a joke. I am glad that PC arent here, acutally now. They would eat them alive.

icybear

Medalist
Gotta love seeing Rus fed bias towards Eteri has backfired tremendously just a few wks after grossly inflating their skaters at Rus fed over their other skaters. They really have to pray there is enough fuel left in Anna tank to last her til the end of the olympics and pray she isnt going to deteriorate even worser. If she scored this at the olympics, she would not even be in the last group. Skaters who could have placed above her score here with their SB - Wakaba, Kaori, Mana, Alysa, Mariah, Loena, Yelim, Young.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Liza finished 7th at the Nationals which isn't exactly a good result
Exactly. So Anna might be the best choice in any case...if she's healthy. It seems she still has that tape on her knee like she had at nationals. Hopefully she has time to heal properly until Olympics Ladies event in about 5-6 weeks.